Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 24, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #10,006 of 36,042

Here's a picture of us, as you can see she wears the pants in the family.

deadhorse.gif

You're much shorter than I imagined.  You have a lovely wife!

Apr 24, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #10,007 of 36,042
Apr 25, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #10,010 of 36,042
I have issued a very secret challenge to the Noble crew. I fear I have scared them, but hope they rise to the challenge.

John, Brannan, you know I am with you guys no matter what. I realize that my request may not actually be possible. After all, Dark Matter is only a theory.

Apr 25, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #10,013 of 36,042

Spalted Tamarind Prestige plus watch components, no problem.​
 ​
Have a fantastic weekend everyone!​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

Brannan,

I would like, once more, to thank you for the promptness, the patience (we exchanged more than 50 emails!) and the courtesy.The whole process of ordering these phones has been fantastic! Also, thank you Dr. Wizard for such an exquisite design, it's really a masterpiece, a work of art in its own right! And please send my regards to Sunny as well.

Can't wait for them to arrive in Brazil! If they sound half as good as they look, they'll probably be my definitive set of CIEMs.

Best regards,
Paulo Mario

Apr 25, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #10,016 of 36,042
Man, I am kinda intrigued by the silver carbon glass.  I held out for a long time waiting to see K10U in stock somewhere...anywhere, and I planned to buy.  However, while waiting, I decided to buy a new laptop (15" rMBP to replace the 2012 model that suffered a fall from a table) & some non-audio toys.  Anywho, if I decide to sell a kidney, and finally talk myself into customs (assuming I can even find an audiologist, as I live in small town Iowa), the Prestige silver carbon glass would be something I'd consider....but DANG!!!  $2,700!

Apr 25, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #10,018 of 36,042
Thought you Prestige enthusiasts might appreciate another beautiful use of wood, Conner Bikes in Denver CO.  Very cool.

Apr 25, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #10,020 of 36,042
Alright guys, I need some help. I'm wondering if I may need a refit on my K10s. They are my first pair of customs, so I have nothing similar to compare them to. It sounds to me like the left earphone doesn't seal quite as well as the right. What I think I'm hearing is that music on the right side of my head seems more "present" compared to the left side, almost like there are less instruments on the left side of the soundstage. And then there's the bass. After new toy syndrome wore off, I was actually pretty disappointed with the bass presence, but this was coming straight out of my iPhone. It just sounded thin to me. I tried adding a Fiio Mont Blanc amp and that helped a great deal to improve the sound, especially with adding bass presence, but I'm still not sure I'm getting a full image from left to right. Just seems to lack that  "atmosphere" that I got from my 535s. The resolution is great, but I can't sense the space of the room, if that makes any sense. Still, I'm concerned that I'm imagining all this out of paranoia. Maybe I just need a better amp to get the atmosphere I'm looking for. 

A couple of other things. When I insert the earphones, I feel more pressure on the right side. Not uncomfortable, but it just feels like it's plugging up the ear better. When I remove the right earphone, I can sorta feel the suction/seal breaking. Alternatively, the left side is more comfortable, but I don't get that feeling of the seal breaking when I remove it. I also notice that the left side sticks out farther from my ear, while the right side sits more flush. From a anatomical standpoint, I know my left canal is narrower than my right, so could the ear/canal shape being different account for the extra protrusion? I can post pictures if it would be relevant.

Sorry for the long post! Any help/advice would be appreciated. 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back