Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 26, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #10,036 of 36,096

Although I don't own the 3C, but I've auditioned it several times. They have a mid-bass hump that results in some strong and present lows. Thankfully, they are punchy with fast decay, and extension is pretty good, with some nice sub-bass rumble. The treble region is even more accentuated, with strident highs that have a lot of sparkle, but tend to be a little sibilant. Relative to the treble and bass, the mid-range is a little recessed, resulting in a slightly v-shaped, aggressive sound.

Overall, the 3C sounds pretty decent for EDM, where a strong, leading bassline and some spectacular highs are pertinent. Hope this helps.

Thanks for this. Sounds like a pretty accurate description from what I heard as well (although only a quick audition). All that sounds good but I'm a sucker for vocals haha I may have to listen to the 4C and compare the two. It sucks how the 4Cs in Canada cost $250 than the 3Cs :frowning2:

Apr 26, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #10,038 of 36,096
I have a question for Noble Audio -

Would it be ok to send in impressions that I've used in the past at another CIEM company? I got my custom shells for my SE425 at Sensaphonics and they sent me back my impressions (they seemed to have trimmed the back of it a bit) and they stated that they can be used 18 months from now. I'm not sure if it just means they can be reused at Sensaphonics or anywhere? It would be great if I could re-use them so that it could save me the time and money going out and another a new pair of impressions. Please let me know if that would be necessary. I have some pics posted below:

Thanks!

Kevin 

Apr 26, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #10,039 of 36,096

Would it be ok to send in impressions that I've used in the past at another CIEM company? I got my custom shells for my SE425 at Sensaphonics and they sent me back my impressions (they seemed to have trimmed the back of it a bit) and they stated that they can be used 18 months from now. I'm not sure if it just means they can be reused at Sensaphonics or anywhere? It would be great if I could re-use them so that it could save me the time and money going out and another a new pair of impressions. Please let me know if that would be necessary. I have some pics posted below:

Thanks!

Kevin 

I had my impressions used 2 times, so it can be done. Others will say its safer to just go ahead and get new ones. If you are going to spend big money, might as well spend a tad extra for new impressions, that can help reduce needing a re-fit.

Apr 26, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #10,040 of 36,096

I had my impressions used 2 times, so it can be done. Others will say its safer to just go ahead and get new ones. If you are going to spend big money, might as well spend a tad extra for new impressions, that can help reduce needing a re-fit.

Thanks for the quick response! Very useful info :) I'll see if Noble Audio can chime in just so I can get a peace of mind haha not that I don't trust you!

Impressions over here in the North is crazy expensive ($100) so just wanted to save some money.

Apr 26, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #10,041 of 36,096

Thanks for the quick response! Very useful info :) I'll see if Noble Audio can chime in just so I can get a peace of mind haha not that I don't trust you!

Impressions over here in the North is crazy expensive ($100) so just wanted to save some money.

I don't blame you, prices on impressions are so all over the place its not even funny. I just kept calling until I found someone that did them for $50.

Apr 26, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #10,042 of 36,096
Thanks for this. Sounds like a pretty accurate description from what I heard as well (although only a quick audition). All that sounds good but I'm a sucker for vocals haha I may have to listen to the 4C and compare the two. It sucks how the 4Cs in Canada cost $250 than the 3Cs :frowning2:

I really liked the 4 when I heard it. If I couldn't afford the K10 the 4 would have done me fine.

I love my 4U. Along with the K10 my headphone requirements are covered. I haven't personally heard the 3 but the 4 seems like the complete opposite, given the above impressions. Flat/neutral with a very cohesive presentation. To me, it seems to reveal the intent of the music. Vocal tracks have great vocal presence. Instrumental tracks have great timbre and separation. Some people have mentioned a lack of bass, but I would say the bass is measured. It won't add bass to a track, but if it was there in the first place it will be represented articulately and with great texture.

It won't wow you initially, but it is one of those headphones that you really appreciate over time and it has become my 'reference'.

Apr 26, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #10,043 of 36,096
I love my 4U. Along with the K10 my headphone requirements are covered. I haven't personally heard the 3 but the 4 seems like the complete opposite, given the above impressions. Flat/neutral with a very cohesive presentation. To me, it seems to reveal the intent of the music. Vocal tracks have great vocal presence. Instrumental tracks have great timbre and separation. Some people have mentioned a lack of bass, but I would say the bass is measured. It won't add bass to a track, but if it was there in the first place it will be represented articulately and with great texture.

It won't wow you initially, but it is one of those headphones that you really appreciate over time and it has become my 'reference'.

Lol 'almost' identical word for word description to '1/2' of K10 reviews...

xD

N.B. I haven't got mine yet so haven't heard the actual sound myself! Soon.. :)

Apr 26, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #10,044 of 36,096

What improvements over the 4 does the K10 bring in your opinion?

Apr 26, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #10,045 of 36,096
Lol identical word for word description to all K10 reviews...

Really? I wouldn't call K10 flat/neutral, or 'reference'.

What improvements over the 4 does the K10 bring in your opinion?

I had my K10 for a week before I returned them for refit. It is hard to compare a universal to a custom. With that in mind, they share similar technical qualities to the 4U (imaging, separation etc) with more bass presence/emphasis and an increased lushness across the FR. I would call them 'musical' more than 'reference'. They are the most enjoyable IEMs I have ever listened to, including SE846 and Roxannes.

This is all IMHO, and there are others on here with greater ability and experience in reviewing/comparing headphones.

Apr 26, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #10,046 of 36,096
This is all IMHO, and there are others on here with greater ability and experience in reviewing/comparing headphones.

It's nice to get the opinion of someone that has more than briefly demoed both. Thanks. :)

Apr 26, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #10,047 of 36,096

Thanks!

Kevin 

18 months.... No way, no how

1.8 months would be more accurate

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Apr 26, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #10,048 of 36,096
18 months.... No way, no how

1.8 months would be more accurate

Haha, it says on the Sensaphonics site that they could re-use impressions up to 2 years...

Does that mean I would inevitably have to get new impressions? :frowning2:

Apr 26, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #10,050 of 36,096

Haha, it says on the Sensaphonics site that they could re-use impressions up to 2 years...

Does that mean I would inevitably have to get new impressions? :frowning2:

I would strongly advise you to do so

1) I don't know how they were cut, if too much material was cut off then they are useless

2) You could attempt to use them, but if the fit is poor, then u will need new impressions, and pay shipping fees over again

The odds are high, if you do not get new impressions, you will be spending well over 100$ in the long term in order to rectify the situation

Are the impressions we send you reusable?

It depends:

1) The Prestige products, a 3D scan of the impressions are made and stored

2) Non Prestige products, scans are not made, impressions are kept for 1-2 weeks

3) If the impression was cut down to accomadate a 4 driver product, and shortly then after, the customer decides to purchase a K10, more than likely the impressions would not suffice for a K10

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back