Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 27, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #10,066 of 36,116

Yeah, agreed. The K10 is certainly not balanced, especially in comparison with the Noble 4, which offers a relatively neutral sound. The K10 is fun, engaging and has a well-rounded tonality that does many things well. They may not have the biggest soundstage, nor are the K10s the most detailed of the TOTL IEMs, but their sum package offers a very musical and rich sound that reproduces a wide genre of music superbly well, from EDM to Pop to Rock. They've been my absolute favorite IEMs since I first auditioned them months ago.

Strangely I'm enjoying EDM very much on K10. Its not the first genre on my list of music but with K10, its really fun and addicting. I also listen to classical more on the K10 now more than my HD800.

Neutral is hard to define in my opinion. Other than classical or small band jazz, most live music we listen to is pumped through an amp and loud speakers which has its own character and never the same in different venue - so to me, its never what I considered neutral anyway. Vocals are also often through a mic which adds another factor in the mix. I auditioned K10 with many genre, but actually bought it based on classical. I wouldn't say it is the best classical hp as the soundstage is a bit lacking, but I enjoyed it very much as it produce each instrument beautifully and I can enjoy in long sessions. 

Apr 27, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #10,067 of 36,116
I agree with your description of neutral sound. When I hear the term neutral sound, I think of how the HD800 sounds–neither highs, mids, or bass are over-represented (in this case, treble has a slight over-representation). I had a chance to listen to the HE1000 and I would call those cans warm in comparison to the HD800.

My thoughts are the music is passed through from the dap to the sound coming out into your ears exactly as your recording is. In other words it is impossible to achieve it. What could be possible is once in analog, from that point into your phones, that sound could be extremely close to not colored.

One observation I and/or others may have made before, is that the K10's are the first phones I've used where I've just stopped analyzing what I was hearing with my equipment, and just relaxed and enjoyed the artist(s) performance!  So I think they must be pretty good!
wink.gif

Apr 27, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #10,069 of 36,116

Yeah, agreed. The K10 is certainly not balanced, especially in comparison with the Noble 4, which offers a relatively neutral sound. The K10 is fun, engaging and has a well-rounded tonality that does many things well. They may not have the biggest soundstage, nor are the K10s the most detailed of the TOTL IEMs, but their sum package offers a very musical and rich sound that reproduces a wide genre of music superbly well, from EDM to Pop to Rock. They've been my absolute favorite IEMs since I first auditioned them months ago.

One observation I and/or others may have made before, is that the K10's are the first phones I've used where I've just stopped analyzing what I was hearing with my equipment, and just relaxed and enjoyed the artist(s) performance!  So I think they must be pretty good!
wink.gif

My thoughts exactly, x2!

In other, less on-topic news: The Noble Shirt is great with babies:

Apr 27, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #10,070 of 36,116
Well I've finally decided.  I will get the K10, clear/clear since I can't get the honeycomb without spending over $2k.  I wanna see the guts inside, can't imagine hiding them under a dark shell.  I was looking at the A12 for a brief time but it's way more and it's the first stab at a new tech that I'm sure Noble and others will eventually have their own versions of. Should I wait for a new flagship from noble possibly featuring this tech or should I order?  Black Friday can't come soon enough. 
popcorn.gif

Apr 27, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #10,071 of 36,116
  Well I've finally decided.  I will get the K10, clear/clear since I can't get the honeycomb without spending over $2k.  I wanna see the guts inside, can't imagine hiding them under a dark shell.  I was looking at the A12 for a brief time but it's way more and it's the first stab at a new tech that I'm sure Noble and others will eventually have their own versions of. Should I wait for a new flagship from noble possibly featuring this tech or should I order?  Black Friday can't come soon enough. 
popcorn.gif

Anybody got clear clear pictures of the K10?? I was looking for this scheme too! :D

Apr 27, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #10,074 of 36,116
Well I've finally decided.  I will get the K10, clear/clear since I can't get the honeycomb without spending over $2k.  I wanna see the guts inside, can't imagine hiding them under a dark shell.  I was looking at the A12 for a brief time but it's way more and it's the first stab at a new tech that I'm sure Noble and others will eventually have their own versions of. Should I wait for a new flagship from noble possibly featuring this tech or should I order?  Black Friday can't come soon enough.  :popcorn:

I don't see noble offering this any time in the next decade unless they want to pay licensing fees for something that only works in theory. It'll be a long time before you see whether this actually reduces hearing loss or not.

Apr 28, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #10,076 of 36,116
Just put my order in for a pair of 3C's with dark smoke shells and aluminium faceplate! Now the 6-8 week wait begins! 

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #10,077 of 36,116
popcorn.gif

If you want to wait for the next best thing, maybe you should get the K10 universal first :)

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #10,078 of 36,116
http://nobleaudio.com/en/lookbook/?customization%5B%5D=Wizard+Design&material%5B%5D=Color&material-detail%5B%5D=Green

I thought I'm going to see mine with this filter but nope, nothing ^+++^

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:27 AM Post #10,079 of 36,116

Users who are viewing this thread

Back