Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 28, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #10,083 of 36,116
I don't see noble offering this any time in the next decade unless they want to pay licensing fees for something that only works in theory. It'll be a long time before you see whether this actually reduces hearing loss or not.

all they have to do is change is slightly. I think the tech is probably legit.  I really hate the patent/copywrite system, totally anti-free market. 

Apr 28, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #10,084 of 36,116
It's a very very personal opinion, although I love Noble's products and their superb services, I am not a fan of their logo design. :p

I agree the logo is not all that IMHO. Sorry I misunderstood your previous post BTW.

Apr 28, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #10,086 of 36,116
all they have to do is change is slightly. I think the tech is probably legit.  I really hate the patent/copywrite system, totally anti-free market. 

I'm not at all sure that the science behind the Adele system is solid. I wouldn't expect Noble to introduce it.

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #10,087 of 36,116
  Well I've finally decided.  I will get the K10, clear/clear since I can't get the honeycomb without spending over $2k.  I wanna see the guts inside, can't imagine hiding them under a dark shell.  I was looking at the A12 for a brief time but it's way more and it's the first stab at a new tech that I'm sure Noble and others will eventually have their own versions of. Should I wait for a new flagship from noble possibly featuring this tech or should I order?  Black Friday can't come soon enough. 
popcorn.gif

I don't know why people keep thinking there is a product around the corner to replace the K10, when we can't even keep even keep up with the demand for the K10 Univ.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Apr 28, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #10,088 of 36,116

I don't know why people keep thinking there is a product around the corner to replace the K10, when we can't even keep even keep up with the demand for the K10 Univ.

Because... Apple? xD

Apr 28, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #10,090 of 36,116
So let's say, two buddies invented a new thing in their tiny company. They are so excited and demonstrate the thing on the street for people to see. A CEO from a big company went by and thinks that's a good idea and go ahead steals their concept without paying a cent to these two guys. A month later the big corp release the product to the market in large volume (because they can). Big corp earns million because of the scale of release, while those little two guys earn nothing.

I don't think that's fair.

(Opss... sorry for off topic)

This.

Apr 28, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #10,091 of 36,116

Classic case of upgrade-itis.  Grabs us all by the privates from time to time.  For the record, I've quit looking at other phones altogether since I got the K10!
beerchug.gif

Apr 28, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #10,092 of 36,116

No, thank you. The K10 is a truly outstanding IEM, and I've spent countless hours just enjoying music. Here's to many more! 
smile.gif

What is the consensus, if there is one, about what neutral really is?  The term is often used in literally every iem or phone thread, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it, since it is always used as a comparison point from phone to phone. I tend to associate the term "clinical" when I think of neutral, which typically includes (in my mind) an inherent minimum of sub bass and brighter treble on the ends of the spectrum, and lack of a full bodied sound (quantity of bass again?).  That's probably an incorrect association, so I am curious if there might be a descriptive way to define the sense of neutrality in a phone.  Thanks, and I don't want to send this thread too far off course with this topic.

Throughout my time with Head-Fi, I've heard a lot of earphones and headphones, some with (very) strong bass, others with overpowering mids and yet others with very strident and prominent treble. Taking into account all that I've heard, I would describe a neutral/balanced sound as one with a relatively lean bass presence, present but controlled treble, and a midrange that is neither recessed or distant nor forward and overly lush. If we use Noble's stable of IEMs as an example, I would classify the Noble 4 as being the most balanced of the lot (I've heard all except for Noble 5).

My understanding of the terms neutral/balanced may not be entirely accurate, but it's a handy guide that I've adopted along this journey thus far.

Apr 28, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #10,093 of 36,116
   Strangely I'm enjoying EDM very much on K10. Its not the first genre on my list of music but with K10, its really fun and addicting. I also listen to classical more on the K10 now more than my HD800.

Yeah, I agree. Even though the K10 does not have an overpowering mid-bass region, but that modest boost, coupled with those sparkling highs, make for an IEM that sounds absolutely fantastic with EDM.

One observation I and/or others may have made before, is that the K10's are the first phones I've used where I've just stopped analyzing what I was hearing with my equipment, and just relaxed and enjoyed the artist(s) performance!  So I think they must be pretty good!
wink.gif

And I think that's the hallmark of a truly good IEM. You just stop fussing over the myriad technicalities and nuances of a headphone, and you just sit back, close your eyes, and enjoy the music. After all, that's why most of us started down this path, right? We endeavored to find the best IEM for our music. That's the K10, for me.
smile.gif

My thoughts exactly, x2!

In other, less on-topic news: The Noble Shirt is great with babies:

Hehe, he's cute! Be careful, bro! You don't want him starting on CIEMs this early in life! 
wink.gif

Apr 28, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #10,094 of 36,116

What model case is it looks small yet safe to use.

Haven't been on in a while.  Here's a link to the UE small case:

http://pro.ultimateears.com/products/custom-accessories/cases-cables/small-carrying-case

Users who are viewing this thread

Back