Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jul 2, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #4,861 of 36,042
  I wonder how my mid life crisis will turn out. And that discount literally pushed me to the fun side of the fence, got meself a PR... By the way, any amp or dap that can support this unique iem? 240ohm vs 30 ohm, which means I can't switch like I wish, or I will be at risk of killing my ears. 

Congrats on the Noble PR.

I was just listening to the PR's with a Lyr 2, Hugo, Geek Out 450, AK120. Surprisingly the volume difference when switching between the P and R configuration is not that great. Certainly not enough to hurt your ears.

The R configuration is my favorite. It sounds like an Ety ER4S with more bass. It's great for evaluating the subtle differences between DAC's and amps and recordings. Really reference quality.

Jul 2, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #4,862 of 36,042
  I wonder how my mid life crisis will turn out. And that discount literally pushed me to the fun side of the fence, got meself a PR... By the way, any amp or dap that can support this unique iem? 240ohm vs 30 ohm, which means I can't switch like I wish, or I will be at risk of killing my ears. 

Ditto on the PR. I plan on using my Sony PH2 amp, that should do it with room to spare.
Figured since I already had the Noble 6, then I already had half of the FR.

Cheers.

Jul 2, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #4,868 of 36,042
  Congrats on the Noble PR.

I was just listening to the PR's with a Lyr 2, Hugo, Geek Out 450, AK120. Surprisingly the volume difference when switching between the P and R configuration is not that great. Certainly not enough to hurt your ears.

The R configuration is my favorite. It sounds like an Ety ER4S with more bass. It's great for evaluating the subtle differences between DAC's and amps and recordings. Really reference quality.

Thanks for the info! Truly a reference quality, a real small price to pay to own 2 iems at the same time. 

Jul 4, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #4,871 of 36,042
  Remnants of a 17-jewel Swiss watch movement set up against Wizard's favorite Buckeye Burl. Plus, check the sweet blue/green gradient on the shell too.

Timeless.

My favorite design so far!!! soooo charming! 

Jul 6, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #4,875 of 36,042
  Remnants of a 17-jewel Swiss watch movement set up against Wizard's favorite Buckeye Burl. Plus, check the sweet blue/green gradient on the shell too.

Timeless.

Cool! Would be awesome if you can see the clock dial moving.  
basshead.gif

and for some more acoustic bliss

You got me started on Sungha Jung today.  
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back