Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jul 10, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #4,891 of 36,066
Jul 10, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #4,892 of 36,066
^ Man do they look surreal! 

Jul 10, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #4,894 of 36,066
The k10's look fantastic, but the cables do look cool too.

Are they these -> http://www.linum.dk/linum-2pin.aspx

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #4,897 of 36,066
Love those cables.they look very light.,might have to order a pair. Have the Whiplash TWAu hooked up to my K-10's now.

How's that working out for you? Do you by chance have any other cables as well?

I'm curious also.  I have K10's on order and have been interested to know if cables have any sq impact at all with them, aesthetics and ergonomics notwithstanding.  Thanks!

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #4,898 of 36,066
Honestly, I switched out the stock cable the first day my K-10's arrived. I spent almost no time at all with the Noble Magnus cable. My other cables are terminated 2.5 mm TRRS , for use on my AK-240. The Noble cable seems to be a fine cable, and I will maybe use it for gaming, on my laptop and movies on my I pad air.

Jul 10, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #4,899 of 36,066
  I have a small preview up at ohm image.

I took a few photos of it next to an AK100 (bleh) and the equally awesome Mezzo HiFi AK100 mod:

That is an awesome photo! I love the backlighting/flare. Reminds me of a nightclub or concert.

Oh, and the K10's aren't bad either. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 10, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #4,900 of 36,066

I'm curious also.  I have K10's on order and have been interested to know if cables have any sq impact at all with them, aesthetics and ergonomics notwithstanding.  Thanks!

We don't make any claims regarding sound quality of the original cable, but keep in mind 2 things.

1) Noble IEMs / CIEMs are built / designed / tuned with the use of that particular cable, so any deviation from the original cable may (or may not) impact the SQ

2) While the original cable may not be "pretty" it is durable/strong and in a pinch, can be used to tow a car :)

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jul 10, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #4,901 of 36,066

We don't make any claims regarding sound quality of the original cable, but keep in mind 2 things.

1) Noble IEMs / CIEMs are built / designed / tuned with the use of that particular cable, so any deviation from the original cable may (or may not) impact the SQ

2) While the original cable may not be "pretty" it is durable/strong and in a pinch, can be used to tow a car :)

Thanks for the response!  I'm sure there's not a thing wrong with your cable, plus I never have a tow chain when I need one
biggrin.gif
.  The only reason I'd switch cables is to get a different length, as 62 inch tends to work better for me.  But I wouldn't do that if it changes SQ.  BTW, it's great that you and Brannan stay in touch with your customers on this thread!  I think that counts for more than you know, especially to new customers like me.  Kudos for the customer service.

Jul 10, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #4,902 of 36,066
Yes, John and Brannan have been in constant touch with me through the purchasing process, which has been great. They are super duper helpful always, which is better, as I get lost a lot. Anyway, I'm digging the K10 sound with or without the stock cables. The Linum are just far far better for wearing with glasses. 

Why I find memory wire ruins the glasses experience: it pushes against glasses frames and can change the fit of the earphone or the glasses, making wearing one or the other, or both, uncomfortable. And, with the earphone angled differently, it can change the sound/isolation. I'd love for a stock cable to come without memory wire. That would be awesome. That or, very soft, long memory wire, that can be moulded as far down as the lower part behind the ear. 

I like it soft and long, you can quote me on that.

Jul 10, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #4,903 of 36,066
Yes, John and Brannan have been in constant touch with me through the purchasing process, which has been great. They are super duper helpful always, which is better, as I get lost a lot. Anyway, I'm digging the K10 sound with or without the stock cables. The Linum are just far far better for wearing with glasses. 

Why I find memory wire ruins the glasses experience: it pushes against glasses frames and can change the fit of the earphone or the glasses, making wearing one or the other, or both, uncomfortable. And, with the earphone angled differently, it can change the sound/isolation. I'd love for a stock cable to come without memory wire. That would be awesome. That or, very soft, long memory wire, that can be moulded as far down as the lower part behind the ear. 

I like it soft and long, you can quote me on that.

Wait What?:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back