Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 7, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #4,591 of 36,045

you have a Claret & Blue bowling-ball?

More the beautiful deep blue & purple really, no claret in my ball thank you! 

Jun 7, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #4,592 of 36,045
Jeez this thread moves fast (not as fast as the Hugo thread though.... can't keep up with that one at all).

To sort of answer this question - I have the Noble 5C and the 4C, so it's not exactly the same as the universal models. But should be in the ballpark. The 5 has significantly bigger bass. As in, pants-flapping, skull-crushing impact and subterranean depth. It's definitely a warm, lush, feel-good type of sound. Hyper-accurate and uptight? Nope. More of a pipe-and-slippers experience. Think Harbeth or Vandersteen with some really big REL subs to add more impact. 

The 4 is more linear, even handed and clean in its presentation. More of a straight-forward monitor type sound. Not boring by any means, and not too analytical in my opinion, they do bass extension very cleanly and don't editorialize. 

So based on your description I'd say the 5 might be a better fit. 

Alright thanks for your help.

Jun 8, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #4,594 of 36,045
Informative vid, and great job on answering Tyll's questions.  When you switch to different set of drivers, it changes impedance as high as to 300ohms? 
basshead.gif
  How is that possible?  BA don't get that high.

Jun 8, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #4,598 of 36,045
How come....   I don't know, & I really can't speak for other companies.

The thing is, Knowles has many different BA models and they range in functionality, sizes, FR, impedance etc etc.  What they list publicly on their web site is just a very small fraction of what they have available.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jun 8, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #4,599 of 36,045
How come I don't see many iems utilizing them as they are flexible to high output impedance sources?  Do they have low sensitivity?

The Tzar 350s come to mind. Detail monsters!

Jun 8, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #4,602 of 36,045
  i think JH's main problem was the fact that they chewed more than they could eat. I was talking with Dr. John Moulton a few days back asking about the main reason as to why Kaiser 10 isn't being made into an UIEM. He stated that, the orders will have been too overwhelming for their team to be fulfilled while maintaining their very high quality control. Being in the business, JHA, for decade + 1 year (2003 if im not mistaken), they should have been able to foresee the outcome of announcing Roxanne and readied a team to tackle the number of orders. They should have stopped taking orders... I begun to think that JH is kinda profit-centric..

PS : A friend of mine has also been waiting for 7 months or so, he's quite patient i might add. Applaud to him

That sounds absurd to me. I have never in my life heard of a company not making a product because too many customers might want it.

Noble is in control of their website. They run the business. They can decide ahead of time how many orders they can fulfill in a timely manner. When that order number is met, the website can simply say; "You can't order this product right now. Come back in 30 days" or whatever. JHA could have done the same thing when they saw the orders getting to large. I believe JHA wanted the upfront money to finance the production line.

Jun 8, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #4,603 of 36,045

That sounds absurd to me. I have never in my life heard of a company not making a product because too many customers might want it.

Noble is in control of their website. They run the business. They can decide ahead of time how many orders they can fulfill in a timely manner. When that order number is met, the website can simply say; "You can't order this product right now. Come back in 30 days" or whatever. JHA could have done the same thing when they saw the orders getting to large. I believe JHA wanted the upfront money to finance the production line.

I got a distinctly different answer from Brannan at the Socal meet.  He said (at this time) their products share one universal shell, and that the issue is the sheer amount of labor it takes to fit the components in that fairly small shell for the K10.  To reasonably make a universal K10, they would have to have a larger shell specifically for that product, and they don't know if the demand is there yet to complicate their supply chain as such.  So basically the opposite reason.

Jun 8, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #4,604 of 36,045
I got a distinctly different answer from Brannan at the Socal meet.  He said (at this time) their products share one universal shell, and that the issue is the sheer amount of labor it takes to fit the components in that fairly small shell for the K10.  To reasonably make a universal K10, they would have to have a larger shell specifically for that product, and they don't know if the demand is there yet to complicate their supply chain as such.  So basically the opposite reason.

Your post and the one you quoted combine together are Dr.Moulton's actual answer. See
http://www.head-fi.org/t/684787/noble-audio-the-wizard-returns/4140#post_10562464
http://www.head-fi.org/t/684787/noble-audio-the-wizard-returns/4140#post_10561712

Jun 8, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #4,605 of 36,045

That makes sense. In order to justify a new shell production line, he would have to believe he could get enough orders to make it worthwhile (and perhaps he didn't think it would).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back