Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 8, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #4,606 of 36,096
Jun 8, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #4,607 of 36,096

That makes sense. In order to justify a new shell production line, he would have to believe he could get enough orders to make it worthwhile (and perhaps he didn't think it would).

At least Noble has taken into consideration the impact on their production line before jumping into selling a new line.  That's a very important consideration to sales and customer service success.

Jun 8, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #4,608 of 36,096

Quote:

That sounds absurd to me. I have never in my life heard of a company not making a product because too many customers might want it.

Noble is in control of their website. They run the business. They can decide ahead of time how many orders they can fulfill in a timely manner. When that order number is met, the website can simply say; "You can't order this product right now. Come back in 30 days" or whatever. JHA could have done the same thing when they saw the orders getting to large. I believe JHA wanted the upfront money to finance the production line.

Obviously Noble is perfectly capable of produceing hand built IEMs, as our K10 demo products are just that. 

IEMs are purchased, in advance and in bulk via distributors. We believe that satisfying direct customer demands and distributor demands would be too overwhelming.

I got a distinctly different answer from Brannan at the Socal meet.  He said (at this time) their products share one universal shell, and that the issue is the sheer amount of labor it takes to fit the components in that fairly small shell for the K10.  To reasonably make a universal K10, they would have to have a larger shell specifically for that product, and they don't know if the demand is there yet to complicate their supply chain as such.  So basically the opposite reason.

Not really, the answer is essentially the same. Yes, our Universal IEMS use an injected mold, which speeds up the build process. It also insures the quality of each shell is the same through out.  The K10 internal parts do not fit the Universal shell, and due to that, we would have to "hand build" each and every K10 Universal IEM.   Thus again, we believe that supporting direct customer orders, and supporting distributor orders would overwhelm Noble. Thus, we do not offer a hand built universal K10 at this point in time.

What we DO NOT KNOW, is if the amount of orders for a Universal K10 would JUSTIFY, having an injected molded shell designed and built specifically for the K10. The costs for such a task is rather high.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jun 8, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #4,609 of 36,096

Obviously Noble is perfectly capable of produceing hand built IEMs, as our K10 demo products are just that. 

IEMs are purchased, in advance and in bulk via distributors. We believe that satisfying direct customer demands and distributor demands would be too overwhelming.

Not really, the answer is essentially the same. Yes, our Universal IEMS use an injected mold, which speeds up the build process. It also insures the quality of each shell is the same through out.  The K10 internal parts do not fit the Universal shell, and due to that, we would have to "hand build" each and every K10 Universal IEM.   Thus again, we believe that supporting direct customer orders, and supporting distributor orders would overwhelm Noble. Thus, we do not offer a hand built universal K10 at this point in time.

What we DO NOT KNOW, is if the amount of orders for a Universal K10 would JUSTIFY, having an injected molded shell designed and built specifically for the K10. The costs for such a task is rather high.

So refreshing to read your cost/benefit approach to a K10 universal.  I was actually trying to decide between Noble and JH Audio, and after the production problems that JH has run into, I truly have eliminated them from consideration.  Once I get back home, I'll get new impressions and it's Noble all the way.  Thanks to you and your team for keeping customer service a priority.

Jun 8, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #4,610 of 36,096
Hey Mr Hollywood, was the Sushi any good?

Haha! The sushi was actually really good, extremely nice for you to do that. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 8, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #4,615 of 36,096

**I don't usually do "unboxing" photos, but I was encouraged by some people to post on a Taiwanese forum, and they really like their unboxings, so this series is part of that unboxing.

Nice unboxing photos, like the finish on the ears you went for and thumbs up on to Noble on the outer card design and credit card size warranty/ registration card? It's the little geeky thing's that I think are also icing on the cake when you buy something like this.

Jun 8, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #4,617 of 36,096
I've never understood the appeal of unboxing pics. I mean, it's fun for me to open some new gear when it comes in the mail. But why would I want to see you go through that process? It's a bit like staring at pictures of delicious food and knowing I'll never taste it. Weird. I guess I'm in the minority on that because unboxing (and food) pics are rampant these days.

In other news, Tyll and Brannon said my name on that video. I'm famous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back