Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 18, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #1,576 of 36,115
Jan 18, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #1,578 of 36,115
Received my k10(first ciem) but i am unsure whether the fit is right. I felt no discomfort when it is inside my ears but i can still hear the sound the bus engine when i did not on any volume. So it is normal or is the fit wrong?

Jan 19, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #1,579 of 36,115
Received my k10(first ciem) but i am unsure whether the fit is right. I felt no discomfort when it is inside my ears but i can still hear the sound the bus engine when i did not on any volume. So it is normal or is the fit wrong?

That sounds fine to me. Customs generally won't completely block out every bit of noise. Loud noise still is noticeable, but once you get the music going it should be non-existent
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 19, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #1,585 of 36,115
I have been doing some tip-rolling on my N4, and i am struggling to find a pair that gives me a perfect and consistent seal. My favorites until now are the largest foam tips and the blue medium silicons. I think that my problem might be insertion depth, by which i mean that i am not able to get them deep enough into my ear. Perhaps a cable without memory wire could make it easier to angle them a bit, and hereby obtain a better seal. Unfortunately that is not something i have lying around, but i think i might know someone who do. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #1,586 of 36,115
  I have been doing some tip-rolling on my N4, and i am struggling to find a pair that gives me a perfect and consistent seal. My favorites until now are the largest foam tips and the blue medium silicons. I think that my problem might be insertion depth, by which i mean that i am not able to get them deep enough into my ear. Perhaps a cable without memory wire could make it easier to angle them a bit, and hereby obtain a better seal. Unfortunately that is not something i have lying around, but i think i might know someone who do. 
biggrin.gif

I'm using the large foams as well, these give me the best seal and are incredibly comfortable to boot. The medium blues are fine unless I start to sing along, (which I'm inclined to do) and the movement of my jaw breaks the seal. I've ordered some Comply tips to see how I get on with them but I've seen both the 400 and 500 series mentioned on here so I'm not 100% sure I've ordered ones that will fit (400). I should find out on Tuesday when the arrive...

Jan 19, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #1,587 of 36,115
biggrin.gif

Would this work? 
wink.gif

Jan 19, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #1,588 of 36,115

I'm using the large foams as well, these give me the best seal and are incredibly comfortable to boot. The medium blues are fine unless I start to sing along, (which I'm inclined to do) and the movement of my jaw breaks the seal. I've ordered some Comply tips to see how I get on with them but I've seen both the 400 and 500 series mentioned on here so I'm not 100% sure I've ordered ones that will fit (400). I should find out on Tuesday when the arrive...

The 400 series definitely works (I'm using them - TS-400 - on both N6 and Tzar 350, and I've used them on the Heir 4.ai - it's a bit more difficult to put them on the N6, compared to the other 2 Heir products, but it's certainly doable, and, actually, quite a lot easier than the blue silicone tips
wink_face.gif
)…  I, too, have read about somebody using the 500 series, but have no direct experience about them, so I can't help there
smile.gif

Jan 19, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #1,589 of 36,115
biggrin.gif

For my ears, even the large stock foam tips were, unfortunately, still too small to get a consistent seal in both ears, that's why I tried to use the Comply TS-400 I was already using with some of the Wizard's previous universal creations (Tzar 350), and a medium tip for the left ear and a large for the right one worked very well for me (it sounds as if you have smaller ears than mine, however, so probably the large complies might be too large for you)

Jan 19, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #1,590 of 36,115

I am looking forward to hear what you think of the complys. I have considered giving them a try, but i was unsure of which ones that would fit on the N4 nozzles. Let us hope that the 400s is the right answer. 
smile.gif

Would this work? 
wink.gif

That might just do the trick. I need to give that cable a try anytime soon. 
biggrin.gif

For my ears, even the large stock foam tips were, unfortunately, still too small to get a consistent seal in both ears, that's why I tried to use the Comply TS-400 I was already using with some of the Wizard's previous universal creations (Tzar 350), and a medium tip for the left ear and a large for the right one worked very well for me (it sounds as if you have smaller ears than mine, however, so probably the large complies might be too large for you)

So the 400s IS the right comply model for the N4. That's great! But which ones should i go for? The Isolation Plus or the Comfort plus? I am not sure which size to go for, but medium is probably the best choice for me. If only there where a size between medium and large... 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back