Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 20, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #1,606 of 36,135

I have heard both the 8C and K10 sample units and I would recommend the K10 instead.

The K10 has a quality of bass that rivals top tier dynamic driver iems, giving you a bass that is very hard hitting but yet natural sounding without bleeding into the mids and highs.

I have also felt that the bass and treble extension of the K10 is better than the 8C.

I have both the 8.A full custom and the K10 full custom with me right now and have listened to both extensively. If the 8C does bass the same way that the old version (8.A) did, then it will ever so slightly beat the K10. The K10 does amazing bass when called for, just like the 8.A. The 8.A just happens to do it a bit more. The 8.A has a slightly warmer overall sound compared to the K10, but I haven't heard the new 8C. We'll have to bug Project86 for a comparison of the two.

Jan 20, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #1,607 of 36,135
I haven't heard either, but I would recommend the K10 since it costs more.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #1,609 of 36,135
  I have both the 8.A full custom and the K10 full custom with me right now and have listened to both extensively. If the 8C does bass the same way that the old version (8.A) did, then it will ever so slightly beat the K10. The K10 does amazing bass when called for, just like the 8.A. The 8.A just happens to do it a bit more. The 8.A has a slightly warmer overall sound compared to the K10, but I haven't heard the new 8C. We'll have to bug Project86 for a comparison of the two.

I haven't heard the 8.A extensively myself, but a few Singapore Heir 8.A owners have mentioned that the K10 is more like an evolution to the Heir 8.A, while the 8C has a totally different sound signature from the 8.A.

The 8.C is brighter and isn't nearly as thick sounding as the 8.A, more on the neutral side of sound.

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #1,610 of 36,135
I haven't heard the 8.A extensively myself, but a few Singapore Heir 8.A owners have mentioned that the K10 is more like an evolution to the Heir 8.A, while the 8C has a totally different sound signature from the 8.A.

The 8.C is brighter and isn't nearly as thick sounding as the 8.A, more on the neutral side of sound.
It is supposed to be the opposite...as the names suggest.

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #1,612 of 36,135

Well, today the pair of TS-400 complies that I’ve been using for quite some time with my Noble 6 have started to give signs that they should be changed (becoming a bit too soft, expanding a bit less once inserted etc….).

So, rather than simply changing them and throwing the old ones away, I decided to give a try to an experiment that I read about some time ago: I de-cored the old complies (by hand, it was relatively easy to peel away the foam from the rubbery core, with no need to resort to any tool), and used the foam to “fill up” the blue silicone tips (I reversed the outer dome, exposing the inner blue tube, inserted the de-cored foam over the blue tube, installed the blue tube on the IEMs, put the outer dome back in its place – needless to say, installing the blue tips on the IEMs is a bit more difficult with this kind of mod, but still doable).

Now I’m using the blue silicone tips (padded as described), and, to my ears, they fit well, with a good seal, and I’m quite liking what I’m hearing…

I couldn’t tell you, right now, if I prefer these modded stock tips or not to the comply by themselves (this would require taking off the modded blue tips, installing a fresh set of complies, and doing some A-Bing, which I’m not in the mood for, ATM, given that installing the modded blue tips is not exactly a walk in the park
smile.gif
 - doable, as I said, but I have a LOOONG list of things that I prefer to be doing), but my ears definitely prefer them to the other stock tips by themselves (and keeping on changing complies does imply additional costs, of course).

So, those that have decided to buy some complies might want to give this a try, once their first pair decides that it’s time to give up the ghost, before throwing them away
wink_face.gif
. Oh, and the “mod” is completely reversible, of course.

Needless to say, YMMV (and this mod may work better with the comfort complies – which have a similar “domed” shape to the stock tips – rather than the isolation model).

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #1,613 of 36,135
It is supposed to be the opposite...as the names suggest.

I don't think that Noble has made a mistake on the labelling of the sample units for Singapore, since the model names are engraved on to the shell of the IEMs.

But from what I heard (very extensively):

1. Kaiser 10 is thicker sounding compared to 8C
2. Kaiser 10 has better bass and treble extensions compared to 8C
3. 8C has more forward and aggressive mids compared to Kaiser 10
4. Kaiser 10 has harder hitting and rumble producing bass compared to 8C
5. Kaiser 10 is warmer than 8C

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #1,614 of 36,135
I don't think that Noble has made a mistake on the labelling of the sample units for Singapore, since the model names are engraved on to the shell of the IEMs.

But from what I heard (very extensively):

1. Kaiser 10 is thicker sounding compared to 8C

2. Kaiser 10 has better bass and treble extensions compared to 8C

3. 8C has more forward and aggressive mids compared to Kaiser 10

4. Kaiser 10 has harder hitting and rumble producing bass compared to 8C

5. Kaiser 10 is warmer than 8C
I cannot answer I as never tried any of these. But returns from both Soren and Project 86 seem to state otherwise...not much else I can contribute.

Jan 20, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #1,615 of 36,135
I cannot answer I as never tried any of these. But returns from both Soren and Project 86 seem to state otherwise...not much else I can contribute.

Well, it is a bit of a concern to me because I am looking to get the Kaiser 10 for myself. If the sample unit and actual unit actually sounds very different, then I am afraid that when my order comes the sound is not something I am looking for.

Jan 20, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #1,616 of 36,135
I don't hear my 8C that way at all. Not having heard the K10, it's hard to argue from that side of things.... but the 8C is definitely an evolution of the 8.A and not a whole different animal. 

If those impressions came from universal demo sets, then it could be explained as a matter of fit. 

Jan 20, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #1,617 of 36,135
DarinF has compared the K10 universal demo and full-on custom and they sounded very much the same to him. Both K10 and 8.A has phenomenal bass but the 8.A has more of it. (same bass drivers, different tuning) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back