Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 19, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #1,591 of 36,135

So the 400s IS the right comply model for the N4. That's great! But which ones should i go for? The Isolation Plus or the Comfort plus? I am not sure which size to go for, but medium is probably the best choice for me. If only there where a size between medium and large... 
rolleyes.gif

The TS 400 that I have are the comfort model… first time I bought the mix bag (1 pair each of S/M/L) from Amazon.it, then, once I understood what size was good for me (as I said, actually 2 different ones, one for each ear, lucky me
smile.gif
) I restocked only the ones that I needed, maybe you could do something similar?

Oh, and from Amazon.it I supposedly originally bought the TSX-400, but they were really TS-400 (difference being in presence/absence of wax guard - mine do NOT have a wax guard).

Hope that helps
wink_face.gif

Jan 19, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #1,592 of 36,135
I must be blessed, I just put on the large red-tips and whack them into me ears with me hammer... ok it's a bit neanderthal'ish but it works a treat for me...
bigsmile_face.gif

Tip - make sure the cable is positioned behind your ear before using the hammer.

Jan 19, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #1,593 of 36,135
  I must be blessed, I just put on the large red-tips and whack them into me ears with me hammer... ok it's a bit neanderthal'ish but it works a treat for me...
bigsmile_face.gif

Tip - make sure the cable is positioned behind your ear before using the hammer.

Grog'nak like this.

Jan 19, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #1,594 of 36,135
  So the 400s IS the right comply model for the N4. That's great! But which ones should i go for? The Isolation Plus or the Comfort plus? I am not sure which size to go for, but medium is probably the best choice for me. If only there where a size between medium and large... 
rolleyes.gif

Ive gone for the Isolation model. I've used them with my Etys (although in theEty's case I ended up settling for the Shure "olives" over the Complys). I'll let you know my initial thoughts on Tuesday....

Jan 19, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #1,596 of 36,135
I'm trying to decide between the K10 and the 8C for my next IEM and my first CIEM.  I'm a bit of a bass head.  I like to put large subs in my cars/house so that when the movies or music calls for it, the lower end is there with power and authority.  I currently own a few IEMs: Heir 3.AI, Westone 3, Westone 4, Noble 5, and Sennheiser IE8i.  The Nobles are my best sounding IEMs, but the Sennheisers have more bass.  What would you recommend based on this info?  

From what I've read about the K10 and the 8C, the 8C has more low end, while the K10 is more neutral, but warmer than neutral.  Is this an accurate assessment?

I'd love to own the flagship if it will suit my needs, but I'd hate to put that kind of money out there only to be let down on the low end.  

Jan 19, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #1,597 of 36,135
  I'm trying to decide between the K10 and the 8C for my next IEM and my first CIEM.  I'm a bit of a bass head.  I like to put large subs in my cars/house so that when the movies or music calls for it, the lower end is there with power and authority.  I currently own a few IEMs: Heir 3.AI, Westone 3, Westone 4, Noble 5, and Sennheiser IE8i.  The Nobles are my best sounding IEMs, but the Sennheisers have more bass.  What would you recommend based on this info?  

From what I've read about the K10 and the 8C, the 8C has more low end, while the K10 is more neutral, but warmer than neutral.  Is this an accurate assessment?

I'd love to own the flagship if it will suit my needs, but I'd hate to put that kind of money out there only to be let down on the low end.  

I think it is safe to suggest for 8c to bass lovers. It doesn't mean K10's low end is bad, it is just, I think 8c would suit better to you. I am sure other more experienced users would help you too.

Jan 19, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #1,598 of 36,135

I haven't heard either CIEM, but "when it calls for it" jumps out at me from your above post.  From what I've read, the K10 bass nearly matches that of the 8C when the music calls for it, but has a less bassy sound signature overall, focusing more on balance with better mids.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.  Just my 2 cents.

Jan 19, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #1,599 of 36,135
I haven't heard either CIEM, but "when it calls for it" jumps out at me from your above post.  From what I've read, the K10 bass nearly matches that of the 8C when the music calls for it, but has a less bassy sound signature overall, focusing more on balance with better mids.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.  Just my 2 cents.

Its actually balance with highs :)

But that's about right.

Jan 19, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #1,601 of 36,135
Received my k10(first ciem) but i am unsure whether the fit is right. I felt no discomfort when it is inside my ears but i can still hear the sound the bus engine when i did not on any volume. So it is normal or is the fit wrong?

No, not necessarily. CIEMs do not provide 100% isolation from outside noises, loud noises producing low frequencies are difficult to block out in general and can at times be heard with CIEMs inserted.

To ensure that you have inserted your CIEMs correctly, you can post photos of them inserted here or send us photos (contact@nobleaudio.com). If you've inserted your CIEMs correctly, are experiencing no discomfort, and have no problems obtaining/sustaining a seal then your fit is ideal.

Jan 20, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #1,604 of 36,135
  Would these connectors from Forza Audio Works fit in the Noble IEMs?  

http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=44

I might have been sniffing too much solder fumes because I can tell that those fit - I recognize them through the heatshrink 
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #1,605 of 36,135

I have heard both the 8C and K10 sample units and I would recommend the K10 instead.

The K10 has a quality of bass that rivals top tier dynamic driver iems, giving you a bass that is very hard hitting but yet natural sounding without bleeding into the mids and highs.

I have also felt that the bass and treble extension of the K10 is better than the 8C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back