Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 8, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #1,231 of 36,115

Nope I haven't heard them. I was just thinking, while all other product renewed, why not 5BA? Also since that one is the top point in silicone shells, I was thinking maybe I would go for it, since I am in love with my SE5way and silicone earpieces advantages like comfort and isolation.

As i recall it, the Heir 5.0 was one of the later, if not the last of the designs he did under the Heir brand. Maybe he just didn't find it neccesary to make further improvements to the design? I must admit i am a little curious too though. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #1,232 of 36,115
  As i recall it, the Heir 5.0 was one of the later, if not the last of the designs he did under the Heir brand. Maybe he just didn't find it neccesary to make further improvements to the design? I must admit i am a little curious too though. 
biggrin.gif

The Wizard spent his time out developing new models to differentiate Noble from Heir (they were all his designs).

Please think about the timescale and the immense development the Team put into the new N3, N4, N6, N8 & K10... John also decided there was no need to further develop the 5.0 being such a new design... you may also like to know the Universal range has 'semi-recessed' cable sockets, thought it best to clear that up.

Yes I'm part of the Team but have nothing to do with the development side of things... hope that helps.

Jan 8, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #1,233 of 36,115
Thanks for clearing that out OK-Guy! That was quite what i had expected. I have no doubts that The Wizard and the rest of the Noble team has put a lot of efforts into this, and i am grateful for that.

I am especially grateful for the N4. I recall having a conversation with Sorensiim about the Heir 4.Ai and Tzar350, and i believe i said something like "If only The Wizard would come up with a design, with the mids and the bass from the from the 4.Ai, and the sparkling and detailed highs from the Tzar350, but maybe just a little more forgiving than the Tzar350.
It has been a while since i listened to them, but i believe that the Noble 4 is very, very close of being exactly that.
beerchug.gif

Jan 8, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #1,235 of 36,115
ZX1 landed today. Cant wait to get back to the hotel and finally listen to it with the K10s...

Be sure to share your findings! I can think of a million good, logical reasons I don't want the ZX1 but it just looks soo good! 

Jan 8, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #1,240 of 36,115
I'd love to try it. Then I could do a comparison with my DX50, PB2 and $200 in cash vs the ZX1!

Good point, but, just to be fair about this, the ZX1 is substantially slimmer and lighter than a DX50+PB2+$200 stack (even so, I don't mind carrying around $200 in my pocket, next to my DAP!
tongue.gif
)

Jan 8, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #1,241 of 36,115
Are there any impedance graphs anywhere on the net, for the K10?

Not looking to pick it apart; just wondering, generally, about how low it drops.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back