Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 8, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #1,216 of 36,135
Cowon J3, that is just the way I roll, it may be old, it may not cost a fortune, but it works for me, consumer goods and all.

I have had it for about 2 years, bought it in front of my wife, at that time my girl friend. She liked it as well, so I bought her one as well. I am a practical person, and the day I find one better than it, I may buy it....   it really just depends if I can afford to or not.

But one of the cool things about the Cowon, it doesn't reqiure a tube of super glue as an accerssory.

Thumbs up for the J3! Superb in portability and battery life. But I do need superglue haha. The lid that covers the SD card and charging port seems to drop off for me time and time. :)

Jan 8, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #1,217 of 36,135
Thumbs up for the J3! Superb in portability and battery life. But I do need superglue haha. The lid that covers the SD card and charging port seems to drop off for me time and time.
smily_headphones1.gif

The lacquer on mine is giveing up, it is getting time to retire it....  but I live out in the sticks, so getting a new one let alone trying out another DAP isn't an easy task.

So I count my blessings, and get on with the other struggles of life.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jan 8, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #1,218 of 36,135
The lacquer on mine is giveing up, it is getting time to retire it....  but I live out in the sticks, so getting a new one let alone trying out another DAP isn't an easy task.

So I count my blessings, and get on with the other struggles of life.

Any certain DAP you're looking at?

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #1,225 of 36,135
OK, OK...!

Someone told me there was a Noble Audio discussion somewhere in this thread... can anyone help me find it..?
wink.gif

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #1,226 of 36,135
  OK, OK...!

Someone told me there was a Noble Audio discussion somewhere in this thread... can anyone help me find it..?
wink.gif

Yep, I go: We need a new 5BA design, I learned that they kept the exact design from Heir Audio days, I prefer a new one honestly, like 3,4 and 8 BA designs. Why not make a new 5BA design Doctor Moulton?

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #1,227 of 36,135
Anyone want to sell their 4s or 6s...?  UF models that is..

Jan 8, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #1,228 of 36,135

Yep, I go: We need a new 5BA design, I learned that they kept the exact design from Heir Audio days, I prefer a new one honestly, like 3,4 and 8 BA designs. Why not make a new 5BA design Doctor Moulton?

Have you heard the Heir 5.0 and you didn't care for it? Honest question here. I can see wanting redesigns just on principal, to say "my Noble 5 is better than your Heir 5.0". But I've never heard the Heir 5.0 so I don't have an opinion of it either way. 

Jan 8, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #1,229 of 36,135
I'd like a good ui, large screen, good sound, long batter life, and good memory capacity...

Cowan j3?

No seriously is ruled out the ak 240, as it looked like someone stepped on it
If you will pair with iems slightly on the warm side, get the Sony ZX1 with your eyes closed. Other maybe the Calyx M....

Jan 8, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #1,230 of 36,135

Have you heard the Heir 5.0 and you didn't care for it? Honest question here. I can see wanting redesigns just on principal, to say "my Noble 5 is better than your Heir 5.0". But I've never heard the Heir 5.0 so I don't have an opinion of it either way. 

Nope I haven't heard them. I was just thinking, while all other product renewed, why not 5BA? Also since that one is the top point in silicone shells, I was thinking maybe I would go for it, since I am in love with my SE5way and silicone earpieces advantages like comfort and isolation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back