Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Sep 23, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #14,746 of 36,096
I can understand the confusion caused by the normal universal Savant being in the Wizard category of the e-shop.

Am I correct into assuming that only the universal Savants ordered during the pre-order /launch phase had the Wizard signature lasered into one of the shells?
Or is it also included in the current ones?

I personally think the $200 premium for the Wizard one shot design option for the Universal Savant is on par with the other companies.
I mean for ciems, choosing a special faceplate often goes for like $50-100 per side no? Here we get a one shot unique design (each made by the Wiz himself I assume) + the rest of the processes like John described.
I do think the Wiz sig in color should be standard offering with each Wizard commissions though /wink

Subsequent Savants also carry the Wizard signature to assist in distinguishing aN N5 from a Savant

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Sep 23, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #14,747 of 36,096
I'd vote to give them a bit of a break and some time to work through this. They're true artisans, but they are not mass production experts. This can be seen in their flawless CIEMs where they 100% control the manufacturing and the issues here with some of the UIEMs where they rely upon outside contractors to do things like injection-mold the cases. I've talked with them about it a bit and trust me John and Brannan are taking this very seriously. Cheers 

I'm not trying to give anyone a hard time.
I do feel for people who have received UIEM's with minor defects because I know that it would disappoint me.
John has referred to "tiers" of product which would imply that this is an intentional lowering of aesthetic standards.
Personally I would consider the Wizard option a bit of a bargain to avoid these flaws.
Fair enough, hand work does not come cheap.
I still think that an explanatory note about these tiers, or levels of finish, on the website would avoid dissatisfied customers.

Sep 23, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #14,748 of 36,096
I do feel that noble products are seen as luxury and the least a customer would expect is top notch quality. The dents in the previous pictures are not acceptable and the shell should have been ruled out at the factory.

As for myself, may I be the voice of many, believe Wizard products are mostly aesthetics and 'could be achieved' with a smart use of the customization tool in the shop. The fee goes towards letting a professional, an artist, select the key colours, materials and designs to reflect one's wills.

I have ordered a wizard K10 that should be ready soon and from what I understood, I can expect it to be as polished as one could imagine. But never in my mind did I order a wizard design because of refinement and quality, just for art (where art meets function).

Regards.

Sep 23, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #14,749 of 36,096
I do feel that noble products are seen as luxury and the least a customer would expect is top notch quality. The dents in the previous pictures are not acceptable and the shell should have been ruled out at the factory.

As for myself, may I be the voice of many, believe Wizard products are mostly aesthetics and 'could be achieved' with a smart use of the customization tool in the shop. The fee goes towards letting a professional, an artist, select the key colours, materials and designs to reflect one's wills.

I have ordered a wizard K10 that should be ready soon and from what I understood, I can expect it to be as polished as one could imagine. But never in my mind did I order a wizard design because of refinement and quality, just for art (where art meets function).

Regards.

Whaaat?

I dont follow your post at all. "Smart use of customization tool". What tool do u speak of? Is this a function on the website?

Are you saying artistic software needs to be developed for wizard designs......

Sorry I don't understand

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Sep 23, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #14,750 of 36,096
No no I simply meant that any user can customise himself his own IEMs and with enough patience, some results can come close to 'simple wizard designs'.
The page is good as it is :)

The post was more focused on the fact that no matter wizard or standard, the quality should be there.

Sep 23, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #14,751 of 36,096
Out of topic

Anyone feel the same with me that savant got a really weird soundstage and instrument placing?

The instrument hide and vocal become big sometime or one instrument become middle of the stage and suddenly use whole soundstage area for its sound only on the right time

I really like how this iem can make this happen(my N4 cant do this ****) it make the feeling from music become much better

150hr pass

sibilant is much better now and vocal become more and more smooth

Still didn't feel the bass different with N4 much...even on some music the n4 impact is better

Sep 23, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #14,753 of 36,096
Out of topic

Anyone feel the same with me that savant got a really weird soundstage and instrument placing?

The instrument hide and vocal become big sometime or one instrument become middle of the stage and suddenly use whole soundstage area for its sound only on the right time

I really like how this iem can make this happen(my N4 cant do this ****) it make the feeling from music become much better

150hr pass

sibilant is much better now and vocal become more and more smooth

Still didn't feel the bass different with N4 much...even on some music the n4 impact is better

IMHO what you've noticed is more on the Savant's imaging and emphasis at certain freq.

As for the bass, the Savant has a bit more sub bass extension and mid bass than the N4. Depending on the song, sometimes they sound closer but if there's bass emphasis the Savant shows it more.

My impressions from the Savant thread :
Hi guys, I have noticed that the universal Savant's performance improves substantially the deeper they're inserted. Not necessarily in the bass frequency but more on the imaging, separation, and depth in the midrange. The key is to find the tips that'll allow you to go deeper; this varies from one person to another so keep on tip-rolling until you attain the magic that the Savant can offer. Remember, patience is a virtue...

In one of our conversations the Wizard said, "what the Savant does....  is unexpected and done at amazing levels, especially at this price point." He didn't specify in what ways the Savant does unexpected things. This is my current focus for my Savant review and to my delight I "THINK" I've found what the Wizard indicated.

My experience with the Savant has led me to rediscover my music library. It has a peculiar way of highlighting certain aspects in tracks that has surprised me in so many ways. The magical part is that it varies from one track to another. I listened to Van Halen's Dreams and the cymbals were emphasised making it sound bigger than what I'm used to... then I skipped to Wham's Wake Me Up Before You Go Go and George Michael's vocals was presented like it was everything and nothing else on the track matters... then off to Steelheart's She's Gone I expected the vocals to shine but to my surprise it was everything else around the vocals that is highlighted which is a new perspective for me. This trend just went on and on as I jump from one track to another. It was a magical experience. On top of that, this might sound so cliche but I did hear micro details that I've never noticed before or just didn't pay attention to. The Savant has a peculiar way of lifting those nuisance for you to take notice, and for that I'm grateful.

I'm not saying that the Savant is excellent on every track. It's more like, the track will sound a bit different to what you're used to and at times it's just amazing how these simple changes to the songs you've outgrown make you appreciate them all over again.

I can't wait for the Savant owners to start expressing their experiences. I'm sure there are more stories to tell...

Here's a great track to sample the Savant's performance:

and another one:

Sep 23, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #14,754 of 36,096
One of my favorite books to read to my boys before bedtime when they were young, they both loved Goodnight Moon:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Beautiful phones Bangcock:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sep 23, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #14,755 of 36,096
I'm not trying to give anyone a hard time.
I do feel for people who have received UIEM's with minor defects because I know that it would disappoint me.
John has referred to "tiers" of product which would imply that this is an intentional lowering of aesthetic standards.
Personally I would consider the Wizard option a bit of a bargain to avoid these flaws.
Fair enough, hand work does not come cheap.
I still think that an explanatory note about these tiers, or levels of finish, on the website would avoid dissatisfied customers.

+1

Sep 24, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #14,757 of 36,096
Sep 24, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #14,758 of 36,096
I was debating on which IEM to use to replace as my daily driver as I use Westone W60 with UM56 custom tips. I decided on the K10 as my next purchase, debating between the custom and universal. I might go with a universal as I value the ability to let my buddies try and listen to a few sessions with them. Besides, I might be able to find custom tips for them too, similar to the ones on my W60s. So my questions are these:

• Is the Kaiser 10 Universal hand finished similar to that of the Custom version?
  • Is it possible to get a custom plate similar to those found under the "Wizard" tab for the K10U?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back