Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Sep 24, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #14,761 of 36,096
I am surprised that a company that values aesthetics as highly as Noble does, sends out a product that is less than perfect in that regard. A note on the website might avoid disappointment.

Yep. From a customer's perspective, I'd be bothered if my product came with a bunch of cosmetic flaws. Especially one that costs several hundred dollars (or more). While I'm sure John, Brannan, and the rest of the Noble team are working hard to resolve any issues, it would be prudent for them to inform potential customers of this tiering system, and what it entails. Managing customers' expectations can help a lot in the long run.

Sep 24, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #14,762 of 36,096
  I was debating on which IEM to use to replace as my daily driver as I use Westone W60 with UM56 custom tips. I decided on the K10 as my next purchase, debating between the custom and universal. I might go with a universal as I value the ability to let my buddies try and listen to a few sessions with them. Besides, I might be able to find custom tips for them too, similar to the ones on my W60s. So my questions are these:

• Is the Kaiser 10 Universal hand finished similar to that of the Custom version?
  • Is it possible to get a custom plate similar to those found under the "Wizard" tab for the K10U?

Thanks!

1) the currrent Kaiser 10 universal is hand finished, sanded, seamless face plate, hand lacquered

2) Not sure what u mean by question #2.  But if you mean a custom one off face plate, the answer is "No."

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Sep 24, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #14,763 of 36,096
I was debating on which IEM to use to replace as my daily driver as I use Westone W60 with UM56 custom tips. I decided on the K10 as my next purchase, debating between the custom and universal. I might go with a universal as I value the ability to let my buddies try and listen to a few sessions with them. Besides, I might be able to find custom tips for them too, similar to the ones on my W60s. So my questions are these:

1. Is the Kaiser 10 Universal hand finished similar to that of the Custom version?
  2. Is it possible to get a custom plate similar to those found under the "Wizard" tab for the K10U?

Thanks!

In the Wizard section of the website the iems below the K10 and the Savant are one-off designs by FullCircle

Sep 24, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #14,764 of 36,096
In the Wizard section of the website the iems below the K10 and the Savant are one-off designs by FullCircle

I assume u are talking about Uiversals such as:

That type of work can not be done to the K10 univesals, as the drivers extend above the rim of the shell.  (I may get accused of poor design, flaws, and not fully discloseing the nature of the build)    Any how, due to the fact that the drivers extend beyond the rim of the shell, the face plates have to be "domed" in order to cap off the shell.   Wizard design one off face plates can not compensate for the extended drivers.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Sep 24, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #14,765 of 36,096

PHOTOS

That type of work can not be done to the K10 univesals, as the drivers extend above the rim of the shell.  (I may get accused of poor design, flaws, and not fully discloseing the nature of the build)    Any how, due to the fact that the drivers extend beyond the rim of the shell, the face plates have to be "domed" in order to cap off the shell.   Wizard design one off face plates can not compensate for the extended drivers.

So from what I am assuming, is that I am not able to obtain any "custom"-like work for universals even if I was to pay that similar fee? So long as I don't really see scratches, dents, and other manufacture/handling flaws, I won't say that it has poor quality. Either way, I am leaning towards purchasing the universal version as of right now. Of course, because I just got a Dell XPS 13 (2015) for college and paid all my classes, I have to save up for it again. Though, it would be nice to be able to sell my TOTL Westone Universal and be able to afford it.
I wish I could demo these here in Dallas, Texas. I have my Questyle QP1R and I am going around testing headphones and IEM wherever I can lol.

Sep 24, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #14,766 of 36,096

As you have raised the points of poor design, flaws etc (at least in a physical sense) what is your policy on returns for products received and deemed by the buyer to be cosmetically flawed despite this being declared by yourself as the 'norm' for your 'lower tier' products?

Sep 24, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #14,767 of 36,096
As you have raised the points of poor design, flaws etc (at least in a physical sense) what is your policy on returns for products received and deemed by the buyer to be cosmetically flawed despite this being declared by yourself as the 'norm' for your 'lower tier' products?

Here lifted directly from the Noble Audio website. It's amazing what you can find when you look for yourself.

15-DAY RETURN POLICY

Here at Noble, we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to demo our products in the comfort of their own home using their own equipment. As a result, Noble Classic universal IEMs come with a 15-day no-questions-asked return policy that begins on the date of delivery.

Returned IEMs must be received in like-new condition with all accessories for a 20% restocking fee to be assessed. IEMs returned in less than new condition, missing accessories, and/or in unoriginal packaging may be assessed a larger restocking fee. 

All sales are final for Wizard universal IEMs. There is no return policy for CIEMs simply due to the custom nature of these products.

Customers have 15-days from receipt to return BTS units and all BTS returns are subject to a $25 restocking fee per unit if received in like-new condition.

Listeners that wish to return their products within their demo period must also pay for return shipping back to Noble.

Sep 24, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #14,768 of 36,096
Here lifted directly from the Noble Audio website. It's amazing what you can find when you look for yourself.

15-DAY RETURN POLICY

Here at Noble, we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to demo our products in the comfort of their own home using their own equipment. As a result, Noble Classic universal IEMs come with a 15-day no-questions-asked return policy that begins on the date of delivery.

Returned IEMs must be received in like-new condition with all accessories for a 20% restocking fee to be assessed. IEMs returned in less than new condition, missing accessories, and/or in unoriginal packaging may be assessed a larger restocking fee. 

All sales are final for Wizard universal IEMs. There is no return policy for CIEMs simply due to the custom nature of these products.

Customers have 15-days from receipt to return BTS units and all BTS returns are subject to a $25 restocking fee per unit if received in like-new condition.

Listeners that wish to return their products within their demo period must also pay for return shipping back to Noble.

I'm more than aware of what the website states but thank you for you effort. The question that remains is should I be liable to pay a 20% restocking fee plus postage for acknowledged design flaws that are not advertised or apparently fixable?

I personally feel that I shouldn't, hence why I haven't sent them back!

Sep 24, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #14,769 of 36,096
I'm more than aware of what the website states but thank you for you effort. The question that remains is should I be liable to pay a 20% restocking fee plus postage for acknowledged design flaws that are not advertised or apparently fixable?

Well that's the policy that Noble has whether you like it or not. If you want you could you sell them through the For Sale/Trade section of the website. 

Sep 24, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #14,770 of 36,096
Well that's the policy that Noble has whether you like it or not. If you want you could you sell them through the For Sale/Trade section of the website. 

Thanks again for speaking on behalf of the company, I didn't realise you were an employee. However my question was to John, hence why I quoted his post as I thought was customary on this forum?

Feel free to dig out another quote to the contrary.

Sep 24, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #14,771 of 36,096

Further, thanks for your valuable advice, I listed an interested notice on the for sale forum last night. Largely because I'm aware of the return policy, but I digress....

Sep 24, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #14,772 of 36,096

While I agree with your point of view on finish/QC to a certain extent, I personally feel that discussing your concerns at length in a companies sponsored public forum isn't the optimal way to get the best result. Brannan is pretty responsive when handling these type of matters by email/PM etc.

Sep 24, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #14,773 of 36,096
Thanks again for speaking on behalf of the company, I didn't realise you were an employee. However my question was to John, hence why I quoted his post as I thought was customary on this forum?

Feel free to dig out another quote to the contrary.

Nope not a company man. That's why I don't have the words Sponsor, Industry Insider or the Noble Audio logo on my profile.. I don't even have a Noble Audio project at all...yet. 

Sep 24, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #14,775 of 36,096
I don't even think it's fair to call the injection gate a design flaw.  It's part of the process, and if injectiongate (guess deflategate/spygate doesn't translate well for this controversy) didn't get brought up on the forums I wouldn't have even seen the marks on my N6 and Savants.  If cosmetically it's not acceptable to a buyer, that is certainly their right, but the products work as advertised imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back