Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 22, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #9,151 of 36,134

The E36 started life as a 1997 E36 325 sedan. It was gutted, and all the parts used to build a 1995 E36 M3 (Euro Spec) were bolted on. (engine, brakes, suspension, tranny, interior.....  everything.)   That being said, I don't know if the E36 M was ever offered in that color. This "donor" procedure is done often over here, as the taxes on cars with over 220 hp is insane high, (somewhere in the 300% range)

Before I left the states I owned a 1995 E35 M Coupe (USA spec) and I loved that car.   I never thought I'd own an M again, as I thought those days were over....

But my good friend "Rico Suave" knew about this car, even knew the owner, and he arranged the deal.

Fortunatley my wife was supportive :)

Thanks wifey

As for your M,  major SAWEEEET......   but it needs a Noble Sticker too.....

As for the Prestige.....       I really like the Carbon Glass "Red"  

I do understand your wish for better/more Prestige photos, and I wish they could be offered, the trouble is

1) There hasn't been enough Prestige CIEMs built to offer up a extensive gallery

2) A lot of the materials used are very difficult to actually take photos of.  

But I promise you carbon glass (red) is awesome, and I look forward to building a set with that material.

Here is a face plate photo of Red Carbon glass

Cheeers

Could you please help me?

Mar 22, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #9,154 of 36,134

The E36 started life as a 1997 E36 325 sedan. It was gutted, and all the parts used to build a 1995 E36 M3 (Euro Spec) were bolted on. (engine, brakes, suspension, tranny, interior.....  everything.)   That being said, I don't know if the E36 M was ever offered in that color. This "donor" procedure is done often over here, as the taxes on cars with over 220 hp is insane high, (somewhere in the 300% range)

Before I left the states I owned a 1995 E35 M Coupe (USA spec) and I loved that car.   I never thought I'd own an M again, as I thought those days were over....

But my good friend "Rico Suave" knew about this car, even knew the owner, and he arranged the deal.

Fortunatley my wife was supportive :)

Thanks wifey

As for your M,  major SAWEEEET......   but it needs a Noble Sticker too.....

Wow--that makes it even sweeter! I can't imagine the "donor" procedure being cheap considering the cost of replacement parts.

Wow! My M3 is not quite as interesting. Had to put a deposit down and wait a year to order the E46 because of the limited production back in 2002. But I got a "custom" build that I could track online while it was being built in Germany. I loved that 6-cylinder metallic growl. Car was totaled when I was at a stop light and got plowed into on the way to vacation with my then fiancee and future MIL. She knew I loved the car, and promised to get me another M3 someday. Some years later, my wife bought me that E92 M3 that I drive today. Now it's an 8-cylinder growl. Thanks wifey indeed!

Quote:
  As for the Prestige.....       I really like the Carbon Glass "Red"  

I do understand your wish for better/more Prestige photos, and I wish they could be offered, the trouble is

1) There hasn't been enough Prestige CIEMs built to offer up a extensive gallery

2) A lot of the materials used are very difficult to actually take photos of.  

But I promise you carbon glass (red) is awesome, and I look forward to building a set with that material.

Here is a face plate photo of Red Carbon glass

Cheeers

That does look nice and understated. Reminds me of Blue Pearl granite (also hard to photograph), except in red. Is it possible to have the right and left in different colors? Say Red Carbon Glass for the right and Blue Carbon Glass for the left? The patch on your site makes it look like there's some brown/red flecks in the Blue Carbon Glass?

Mar 22, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #9,155 of 36,134
That does look nice and understated. Reminds me of Blue Pearl granite (also hard to photograph), except in red. Is it possible to have the right and left in different colors? Say Red Carbon Glass for the right and Blue Carbon Glass for the left? The patch on your site makes it look like there's some brown/red flecks in the Blue Carbon Glass?

I'll let John make the call on the red/blue combo, but as far as the flecks that's just light reflecting off the pieces of carbon.

Mar 22, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #9,156 of 36,134
Just received my Custom K10s & wanted to thank everybody on this forum for all your excellent advice & reviews; they gave me the confidence to spend my hard earned without an audition! This is a first for me & I'm glad I did as the K10s exceed my expectations, both straight from my iphone & ipad, but really shine when connected via my Chord Hugo :D

Brannan was a pleasure to to deal with, answering all my queries promptly, both before & after placing my order. The quality of the workmanship is excellent, the seal is great, comfortable & they're lighter than I expected.

Couldn't be happier & a big step up from my Sure 530s :D

Mar 22, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #9,158 of 36,134

Mar 23, 2015 at 3:39 AM Post #9,162 of 36,134

Groovy baby!​
 ​
 ​

LOL. Are they edible in case of emergency? 
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #9,165 of 36,134

Users who are viewing this thread

Back