Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 3, 2023 at 8:28 PM Post #34,576 of 36,078
Feb 3, 2023 at 8:45 PM Post #34,577 of 36,078
tenor (19).gif

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Feb 4, 2023 at 2:37 AM Post #34,578 of 36,078
In the case of the kublai khan, the piezo electric is extremely precise and fast. I don't think it is a matter of more powerful drivers being used.

The secret sauce in the FoKus Pro & the Mystique is understanding where corners are cut in the industry & resisting to cut those corners, especially if they impact sound quality.

On this thought, what's stopping a manufacturer from putting the same configuration into a tws? And if it isn't power that's a limitation is it truly just the codec?

Feb 4, 2023 at 6:08 AM Post #34,580 of 36,078
Feb 5, 2023 at 12:06 AM Post #34,581 of 36,078
Feb 5, 2023 at 1:22 AM Post #34,582 of 36,078
here as promised is the link to my KK impressions (and a lot of other stuff) :

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...n-first-page-all-welcome.957426/post-17384585

I’m not sure you will learn more than what’s already been said by others on this forum, but there you have it! :)

cheers.
Really nice read. Agree with you on the KK, good choice on the reshelling. I'm still only like 10-15 hours into mine so can't wait for burn in benefits on top of an already amazing xperience

Feb 5, 2023 at 6:39 PM Post #34,583 of 36,078
Feb 6, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #34,585 of 36,078
I'm about to pull the trigger on the Ragnar. I owned the Kublai Khan and really loved the sound but the shells were just too big for me and gave me a little soreness. Anyone want to chime in on how the Ragnar is for metal music and prog? I assume they have immense detail which is what I like. I like hearing all the background cymbals and all their crispiness. As long as they are not fatiguing I'm good. I found the Gaea way too fatiguing and I'm guessing it was the upper mids that did that.

Feb 6, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #34,586 of 36,078
I'm about to pull the trigger on the Ragnar. I owned the Kublai Khan and really loved the sound but the shells were just too big for me and gave me a little soreness. Anyone want to chime in on how the Ragnar is for metal music and prog? I assume they have immense detail which is what I like. I like hearing all the background cymbals and all their crispiness. As long as they are not fatiguing I'm good. I found the Gaea way too fatiguing and I'm guessing it was the upper mids that did that.
Fit scary me too and nozzles looks thicker than Ragnar, latter looks more suitable for medium ears.
I don’t have issue with medium big shell as TG334, EE or Aroma, but KK looks definitely bigger😅

Feb 6, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #34,587 of 36,078

I have KK, Sultan & Ragnar here at the same time. Metal is not my thing, sorry.
All 3 are equally a joy to listen to, I guess I just like the Noble house sound, I can clearly hear elements of it in all 3. I could actually live with any one of the three models quite happily, ears have a funny way of adjusting.

The KK has a strong bass and great highs, Sultan to my ears has more bass but a little wooly when compared to KK, more mid bass and mid range, but the treble is a little less full than KK.
Ragnar to my ears has a more refined and better controlled bass, clearer mids and incredible highs.
I guess the best way I can describe the difference between KK and Ragnar is your stereo is playing loudly in a room with a closed door as you approach the room, you can hear the music reasonably clearly, opening the door the detail and clarity and sound stage open up.
I get a sense of extreme detail in every aspect of the FR with Ragnar, sub bass is never boomy, but the flutter of the woofer is very apparent, the mids are uncontaminated with bass bleed and the highs have body and texture.

Take everything I’ve said with a grain of salt, as I’ve also found source and media files, fit and insertion depth all play a huge factor in getting the maximum musicality from any of these IEMs.
But the first day I received my Ragnar I described them as incredible. They still remain so and easily my top choice from what I have to hand.

Feb 6, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #34,589 of 36,078

I LOVE the Ragnar for metal and prog (your profile pic is one of my favorite albums! The DT albums are so well-produced). But there's a catch. To my ears, it really benefits from a warmer cable.

With the PWA First Times non-shielding, the tonality is basically perfect, but you lose soundstage and maybe a touch of detail vs. the stock cable. With the First Times shielding, the technicalities are comparable to the stock cable, with a really wide soundstage, stellar detail etc., but you get some nice warmth and weight added in. (it has more treble sparkle than the First Times non-shielding, but not as much as the stock cable. I actually prefer the tonality of the First Times non-shielding with the Ragnar because it tames the treble a little more).

With the stock cable, it can risk being a little fatiguing. Depends of course on personal preference. With one of the First Times cables, there's no fatigue.

Feb 6, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #34,590 of 36,078

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back