Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 7, 2023 at 8:22 AM Post #34,607 of 36,110
And to be fair, that's with an SP3000. So as @Eoin said, it might be very different with your Sony DAP.
I hope you’re right because I ordered them last night. Let the fun begin…

Feb 7, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #34,608 of 36,110
Feb 8, 2023 at 6:21 AM Post #34,609 of 36,110
a4fd3c62-347a-4719-bf22-8836d024e62e_text.gif

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Feb 8, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #34,611 of 36,110
I have KK, Sultan & Ragnar here at the same time. Metal is not my thing, sorry.
All 3 are equally a joy to listen to, I guess I just like the Noble house sound, I can clearly hear elements of it in all 3. I could actually live with any one of the three models quite happily, ears have a funny way of adjusting.

The KK has a strong bass and great highs, Sultan to my ears has more bass but a little wooly when compared to KK, more mid bass and mid range, but the treble is a little less full than KK.
Ragnar to my ears has a more refined and better controlled bass, clearer mids and incredible highs.
I guess the best way I can describe the difference between KK and Ragnar is your stereo is playing loudly in a room with a closed door as you approach the room, you can hear the music reasonably clearly, opening the door the detail and clarity and sound stage open up.
I get a sense of extreme detail in every aspect of the FR with Ragnar, sub bass is never boomy, but the flutter of the woofer is very apparent, the mids are uncontaminated with bass bleed and the highs have body and texture.

Take everything I’ve said with a grain of salt, as I’ve also found source and media files, fit and insertion depth all play a huge factor in getting the maximum musicality from any of these IEMs.
But the first day I received my Ragnar I described them as incredible. They still remain so and easily my top choice from what I have to hand.
What tips are using curiously? The foams never fit me well..the small silicone fit me well..however, I’m struggling to hear bass.

Feb 9, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #34,613 of 36,110
What tips are using curiously? The foams never fit me well..the small silicone fit me well..however, I’m struggling to hear bass.

I’ve found the Azla Crystal to be the best for me.
I also find insertion depth has an effect on the bass, butt if you’re not hearing bass then your seal is not good enough.
I find a slight sense of vacuum a good indication of fit. when you press them home.

I don’t like the foams, Noble’s other tips are OK but I’m between a M & L hence the Crystal ML works best for me.
If you really don’t get on with them, give it a little time. But let me know, I’m thinking of getting a 2nd set.

Feb 9, 2023 at 9:34 PM Post #34,614 of 36,110

Congrats on your purchase! My preference is the Noble foam tips. I use silicone with other IEMs like my Odyssey, but I just find the foam suits the Ragnar better.

Feb 11, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #34,615 of 36,110
A question about the Fokus Mystique - how is the volume control? I find when streaming music on Tidal I am constantly adjusting the volume. Songs as recorded are sent out at volume levels that are all over the map, so making big adjustments for nearly every tune is essential. But, even more important are the midro adjustments I want during a recording. I currently use a Lotoo S2 that allows tiny volume steps that I really appreciate, I can get the exact right volume dialed in without any trouble at all. On the other end for instance, using the volume controls on my iPhone 13 is nearly impossible. The volume steps are too great, meaning I get a listening volume either too loud or too soft, but never just right.

So how do the volume controls work on the Mystique?

Feb 11, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #34,618 of 36,110
How are you getting along with the Ragnar? Ticking the boxes you were hoping for with prog rock / metal? Gotta imagine the treble is more to your liking compared to the Indigo.
Unfortunately not great. Even for me the treble is a bit much and I don’t really hear much bass. I think the fit just doesn’t work for me. It seems like noble just doesn’t fit me. 🥲 I’m disappointed but that’s the game we play.

Feb 11, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #34,619 of 36,110
Unfortunately not great. Even for me the treble is a bit much and I don’t really hear much bass. I think the fit just doesn’t work for me. It seems like noble just doesn’t fit me. 🥲 I’m disappointed but that’s the game we play.
Bummer. Fit issues can certainly be a dealbreaker! Always a risk with a blind buy. You shouldn’t have any problem offloading them at least.

Feb 11, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #34,620 of 36,110

I’m really sorry to read that, the sub bass was the first thing that stood out for me. Amazing how we all hear differently. But you are right, if an IEM doesn’t fit, the sound is off.
Where do you think your search will take you next?.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back