Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 25, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #34,546 of 36,110
okay-sounds-good.gif

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jan 25, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #34,547 of 36,110
they called some kind of blacksmith, cheap plastic ... I'll take Xenon6, you can at least sleep on them.
Maybe I just got unlucky! If hundreds of people were complaining about this specific earphones braking that would definitely be alarming! So far I’m the only one who seem to have had this issue on this forum so my case might just be an isolated event. That’s clearly not a pleasant experience for me for sure, but let’s give Noble some credit as well! As mentioned by @FullCircle, you’re comparing to the Xe6 which are almost twice the price! In the same price bracket you should compare to Neon 4 which are indeed made of the same metal built than Xe6, but I’m not sure they are in the same league than KK SQ wise. IMHO the KK are as summit-Fi as it goes! They trade pound for pound with my Oriolus Traillii which are nearly 3 times the price (albeit they come with a $2000 cable, but still…).
So maybe Noble went for a slightly cheaper built than they are used to for one of their TOTL IEM in order to let more people access summit Fi sound? I can’t blame on them for doing so! Especially seeing TOTL IEM pricing lately!
Do I wish my set wouldn’t break as easily? Yeah sure! But the repair cost still puts me far away from the cost of a Traillii! So In the end, I can see both sides of the coin…
Also, I have not doubt this issue could have happened with other brands as well!

I'm a KK prospective buyer and my first impression seeing this was freaking out as well, but after some reflection, c'mon, it's not like this is the product's overall experience. Think of how many happy KK owners there are, inside and outside this thread. I'm not trying to dismiss @Junmoe62 's experience at all, but I just think we should put in perspective and not generalize it.
Exactly! You’re perfectly right! And I tried to make it clear from the start that it was not an attack on the brand or the IEM! I guess no one is safe from bad luck or a bad batch or whatever on any product! Except this unfortunate mishap I’m actually super happy about the KK! They are fantastic sounding device! You’ll absolutely be thrilled about the SQ, no doubt!! Just don’t try your luck too hard!! 😆

BTW, I’ll try to post a quick impression in the watercooler thread soon, when I find the time. I’ll post the link here if you’re interested?!

Cheers,

Julien

Jan 25, 2023 at 9:07 AM Post #34,548 of 36,110
Maybe I just got unlucky! If hundreds of people were complaining about this specific earphones braking that would definitely be alarming! So far I’m the only one who seem to have had this issue on this forum so my case might just be an isolated event. That’s clearly not a pleasant experience for me for sure, but let’s give Noble some credit as well! As mentioned by @FullCircle, you’re comparing to the Xe6 which are almost twice the price! In the same price bracket you should compare to Neon 4 which are indeed made of the same metal built than Xe6, but I’m not sure they are in the same league than KK SQ wise. IMHO the KK are as summit-Fi as it goes! They trade pound for pound with my Oriolus Traillii which are nearly 3 times the price (albeit they come with a $2000 cable, but still…).
So maybe Noble went for a slightly cheaper built than they are used to for one of their TOTL IEM in order to let more people access summit Fi sound? I can’t blame on them for doing so! Especially seeing TOTL IEM pricing lately!
Do I wish my set wouldn’t break as easily? Yeah sure! But the repair cost still puts me far away from the cost of a Traillii! So In the end, I can see both sides of the coin…
Also, I have not doubt this issue could have happened with other brands as well!

Exactly! You’re perfectly right! And I tried to make it clear from the start that it was not an attack on the brand or the IEM! I guess no one is safe from bad luck or a bad batch or whatever on any product! Except this unfortunate mishap I’m actually super happy about the KK! They are fantastic sounding device! You’ll absolutely be thrilled about the SQ, no doubt!! Just don’t try your luck too hard!! 😆

BTW, I’ll try to post a quick impression in the watercooler thread soon, when I find the time. I’ll post the link here if you’re interested?!

Cheers,

Julien
I, for one, would be very interested.

Jan 25, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #34,549 of 36,110
Man oh man. I need this

Noble Wood Cable 50.jpg

to go with my

Khan Prestige 3 50per.jpg

Jan 25, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #34,550 of 36,110
@Junmoe62 I for one appreciate the warning. Got these recently and had someone suggest to me that they get insured. Going to actually go ahead with it now.

I saw some reviews mention the acrylic housing as a con of these, didn't think much of it, but now that I think about ladies and their nails it all makes sense.

Hoping it's not going to be an issue but it has also encouraged me to just be that extra bit careful.

This was the first thing I did with the VR's.

Jan 25, 2023 at 9:49 PM Post #34,552 of 36,110
@ Tybot

Your Iems is a combination of spalted wood + Paduak

We could have a cable made with Paduak
In order to match your iem.

The current cables we have built are made with amboyna burl
Oh yes...quite aware. Was just dreaming of a matching set. :wink:

Jan 27, 2023 at 6:03 AM Post #34,556 of 36,110
Jan 29, 2023 at 5:10 AM Post #34,560 of 36,110
Hello, everyone! Our Kublai Khan review has just been published. An excellent take on the original sound, more mature and polished in my humble opinion.

https://headfonics.com/noble-audio-kublai-khan-review/

DSCF7498.jpg
Nice review.

For no real reason I've been wondering if this was as good as it gets in the range, from what I've read on comparisons with other models and brands the Kublai Khan hits every single point I'm looking for when I'm listening to music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back