Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 4, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #3,078 of 36,055
I think the 8c's deserves more spotlight!
So do you think or do you deserve more spotlight?
Say that again ?
I do think the 8c deserves indeed more spotlight, if that was your question

He is pulling your leg.. big time..
But it is a legit question from what you write, even though we all know what you ment.. including Mimouille..

Correct answear should be:
I definetly deserve more spotlight.. :D

Apr 4, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #3,085 of 36,055
Say that again ?
I do think the 8c deserves indeed more spotlight, if that was your question
I was just kidding sorry, I completely understand what you mean.

I think the thing is the 8C are seen as an improvement over a previous model whereas the K10 are a brand new flagship with a sexy name...so they get more love. But I am sure the 8C are great in their own way.

Apr 5, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #3,087 of 36,055

I think the thing is the 8C are seen as an improvement over a previous model whereas the K10 are a brand new flagship with a sexy name...so they get more love. But I am sure the 8C are great in their own way.

Sadly for me, I found the 8C to be worse than the previous model and as such, it pushed me towards the K10 ( I demo-ed the 8.A 3 years ago though so my memory might have failed me when I auditioned both the 8C and K10). 8C somehow hurts my ears when I use my usual demo track Punish My Heaven - Dark Tranquility but 8.A did not from what I remember. The first 30s of this track usually serves as the first indicator for me whether to continue demo-ing the IEM or not as the cymbal sounds can really put a lot of strain on my ears. I and my friend (who owns the MG6Pro) both agreed that 8C sounds different and not for the better for us while the K10 has similar characters to the MG6Pro - organic and coherent sound with glorious bass, but with superior detail. 

For my sonic taste, I hate the sound of HD800, T1 and Paradox and I love the HD650, SR 507, HE-500 and Mad Dog (my current headphone). I

Apr 5, 2014 at 4:09 AM Post #3,088 of 36,055

He is pulling your leg.. big time..
But it is a legit question from what you write, even though we all know what you ment.. including Mimouille..

Correct answear should be:
I definetly deserve more spotlight.. :D

What a blast ...
I rarely post on this forum. As opposed to some others... That should tell something about my narcissism...
Anyway. Everyone is entitled to his own opinion.
Cheers

Apr 5, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #3,089 of 36,055
Sadly for me, I found the 8C to be worse than the previous model and as such, it pushed me towards the K10 ( I demo-ed the 8.A 3 years ago though so my memory might have failed me when I auditioned both the 8C and K10). 8C somehow hurts my ears when I use my usual demo track Punish My Heaven - Dark Tranquility but 8.A did not from what I remember. The first 30s of this track usually serves as the first indicator for me whether to continue demo-ing the IEM or not as the cymbal sounds can really put a lot of strain on my ears. I and my friend (who owns the MG6Pro) both agreed that 8C sounds different and not for the better for us while the K10 has similar characters to the MG6Pro - organic and coherent sound with glorious bass, but with superior detail. 

For my sonic taste, I hate the sound of HD800, T1 and Paradox and I love the HD650, SR 507, HE-500 and Mad Dog (my current headphone). I

I tested "insomnium-drawn to black" when I demoed 8c and k10. Yeah I don't think 8c is for aggressive death metal.. IMO it's better on lighter music that needs an extra push on the clarity and brightness. I did prefer k10 over 8c too. 8c to my ears does sound a lot like noble 5 but with even more detail.

Apr 5, 2014 at 4:40 AM Post #3,090 of 36,055
In a good or a bad way, I'm glad the 8c could be discussed here. Just to compare and contrast the impressions I have with other's opinion...
The thing I must admit, is that I'm curious about the k10 now; probably the flagship syndrome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back