Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 5, 2014 at 4:57 AM Post #3,091 of 36,055
I tested "insomnium-drawn to black" when I demoed 8c and k10. Yeah I don't think 8c is for aggressive death metal.. IMO it's better on lighter music that needs an extra push on the clarity and brightness. I did prefer k10 over 8c too. 8c to my ears does sound a lot like noble 5 but with even more detail.

And that's the strange thing since I remembered 8.A did not sound like that at all 
frown.gif
  Opeth, Dream Theater, Insomnium, Dark Tranquility sounded really good with the 8.A and it was pretty much what I aimed for until I found out Wizard left Heir.

Apr 5, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #3,093 of 36,055
8.a surely didn't sound like 8c at all to my ears. It's a lot smoother wth more shimmer sounding. I think 8a has a slightly more treble extension than the 8c, while 8c has more energy at lower treble region leading to a very clean, clear sound. 8a has very slow bass decay and very recessed upper mid (4-5k), and these problem are all absent on either 8c or k10. And the coherence on 8c is better than 8a. I think it's ok to say 8c is more" neutral" than 8a, though I found k10 to be the most nuetral one.

IMO 8c should sound fantastic on solo, smooth female vocals with not much instruments. I was like you I put on 8c twice then took it off after 60 sounds because of the songs I demoed with.

Apr 5, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #3,095 of 36,055
Yep. Also it depends on the volume you listen to .My preference is deinfitely not dark. But not something that give people that analytical edge or throw the instruments very forward. I think this part of frequency region is like walking on stilts, very dangerous. If it's lacking you miss the clarity and dynamics. If it's too much it keeps distracting me with harsh sound,making the presentation thin. I think k10 on this regard is perfectly on the money.

Apr 5, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #3,098 of 36,055
So in Noble's line up, 8C is relatively better than 5C and 8C has more subbass and midbass than K10? For bass lovers, 8C would be better option? I guess still it is in the "neutral" part of the spectrum but compared to K10, less neutral?

Apr 5, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #3,099 of 36,055
  So in Noble's line up, 8C is relatively better than 5C and 8C has more subbass and midbass than K10? For bass lovers, 8C would be better option? I guess still it is in the "neutral" part of the spectrum but compared to K10, less neutral?

I would still suggest K10 due to the problem I have with 8C as mentioned previously :p But if you are a bass lover you should consider the MG6Pro, a rock solid CIEM that is way better than UM Merlini imo

Apr 5, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #3,100 of 36,055
But I really like the sound from my 8Cs. :p Maybe its just a matter of personal preferences.

Quote:
  I would still suggest K10 due to the problem I have with 8C as mentioned previously

as with any CIEM/IEM it is a matter of personal choice with regard to what sound you are after, some people prefer dark others prefer bight, some swear by a neutral signature other prefer a natural sound... then you must take into consideration of the source you are feeding the CIEM/IEM with, it maybe the case that it does/doesn't pair well with the sources it's all a part of a chain that hopefully will suit your listening needs.

just because some do not like a product does not make it a bad one as others will sing it's praises... one man's joy is another guy's nightmare.

Apr 5, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #3,105 of 36,055
  Are the demo units meant to sound different from the actual ciems? Because the 8c demos i tried just sounds different from my 8cs.

you get a proper seal with a CIEM, with a IEM the tips are paramount not only for seal but for SQ.

not wanting to get into a argument over this but graphs never enter the equation when I buy anything to do with Hi-Fi or Porta-Fi... I have owned some nice systems during my time on this planet and I've relied on my ears exclusively with some pretty excellent results.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back