Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 15, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #30,271 of 36,082
i do, but the last thing i'll do is using digital EQ :D
Why? It seems like it will answer your question. You can even set up a preset for the encores once you have settled on the right balance.
It isn't going to sacrifice the soundstage, nor is it going to degrade the sound quality if you have a decent DAP.

May 15, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #30,272 of 36,082
i do, but the last thing i'll do is using digital EQ :D

Generally with EQ if you are reducing it is much less detrimental to the sound but even if you increase, if you do it properly it can work perfectly. I couldn't imagine my speaker system without my Minidsp for example, although that does loads of other stuff as well but I use it to tweak the overall frequency response as the last little bit to make it sound exactly how I wanted.

May 15, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #30,273 of 36,082
So i have enjoyed the encore so much that it sit on my ears everytime i got the time (including when i ride my bike to works)
But it seems the treble is a bit too much for my ears, since it's so used to savants smooth treble
Any idea how to lessen the treble without sacrifing the soundstage? Any tips recommended (currently im using spiral dot and nobles red tips)
You could try one of the following (performance varies) -

1) Tip roll. For me, foam tips usually help attenuate some of the sparkly treble.
2) Use the EQ on your phone or DAP.
3) Try a different cable. You could try a pure copper cable.
4) Use an external amplifier. This is my option of choice. My go-to DAP in recent months has been the ALO CV5.

May 15, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #30,274 of 36,082
You could try one of the following (performance varies) -

1) Tip roll. For me, foam tips usually help attenuate some of the sparkly treble.
2) Use the EQ on your phone or DAP.
3) Try a different cable. You could try a pure copper cable.
4) Use an external amplifier. This is my option of choice. My go-to DAP in recent months has been the ALO CV5.

1. Im gonna try a good foam tips in a few weeks
2. I've never liked playing around with EQ
3. Currently trying the cable i used on my savant. So far the treble didnt changed much
4. Im using mojo, gonna try my old traluscent DAO after i charged it

Why? It seems like it will answer your question. You can even set up a preset for the encores once you have settled on the right balance.
It isn't going to sacrifice the soundstage, nor is it going to degrade the sound quality if you have a decent DAP.
Im still using my old dx90, and eq on dx90 isnt that great

Generally with EQ if you are reducing it is much less detrimental to the sound but even if you increase, if you do it properly it can work perfectly. I couldn't imagine my speaker system without my Minidsp for example, although that does loads of other stuff as well but I use it to tweak the overall frequency response as the last little bit to make it sound exactly how I wanted.
Thats the thing, i cant eq properly

Thanks for the respons guys, i think im gonna "burn in" my ears to encores signature for a few weeks
Just like the first few weeks in spent when i first had savant, and finally understand it's capability and fell in love with it

May 15, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #30,275 of 36,082
Strange how people are prepared to pay a small fortune for iems, but don't have the time to EQ them to their personal taste...

May 15, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #30,277 of 36,082
So i have enjoyed the encore so much that it sit on my ears everytime i got the time (including when i ride my bike to works)
But it seems the treble is a bit too much for my ears, since it's so used to savants smooth treble
Any idea how to lessen the treble without sacrifing the soundstage? Any tips recommended (currently im using spiral dot and nobles red tips)
Haha sometimes some people just prefer to appreciate how a dish taste as the chef intended instead adding seasoning to their taste
Contradictory posts

May 15, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #30,279 of 36,082
Haha sometimes some people just prefer to appreciate how a dish taste as the chef intended instead adding seasoning to their taste

There are no rules for playing with an EQ, just mess around, its free and you might get what you are looking for. If not, just turn it off or back to stock settings.

May 16, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #30,280 of 36,082
There are no rules for playing with an EQ, just mess around, its free and you might get what you are looking for. If not, just turn it off or back to stock settings.
Much better to identify the frequencies that trouble you and dial them down.

May 16, 2019 at 2:56 AM Post #30,281 of 36,082
Yet you are happy to swap cables, tips, DACs...
Since most of the time the cables, and tips does minimal changes and it works universally across my sources unlike EQ(well maybe it's 100% my fault since i kinda suck at EQ)
Well for DAC, i used DAC (mojo) when im using my iem on my PC/laptop/phones

Contradictory posts
Oh well sorry if it ticks you in a wrong way

What im honestly looking for is a way to lessen the treble as minimal as needed
Since im using phones/dx90 while on the go (most of the time), PC/notebook - mojo when im at home
It makes EQ is not really applicable especially when im using PC-mojo
And also there's my preference/inability to EQ
Which is why i preferred changing tips or at most changing cables which will works at all of my source

Sorry guys lets just end it here. I really dont want to debating about EQ in here

May 16, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #30,282 of 36,082
The only sad thing is that you have asked for our help and then refused to take it.
To say that you "suck at EQ" suggests that you don't know what sound you want.
You've asked for help in reducing the treble, so why not just try it. All it will cost is a bit of your time to experiment with what works for you. Once you've nailed it you can set it as a preset. Yes you will have to repeat the exercise for all sources, but once you know what you want this should be simple.
If you don't succeed maybe you should go back to the Savant, which has the sound you are looking for without the need for EQ.

Last edited:
May 16, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #30,283 of 36,082
Since most of the time the cables, and tips does minimal changes and it works universally across my sources unlike EQ(well maybe it's 100% my fault since i kinda suck at EQ)

Since im using phones/dx90 while on the go (most of the time), PC/notebook - mojo when im at home
Which is why i preferred changing tips or at most changing cables which will works at all of my source

Sorry guys lets just end it here. I really dont want to debating about EQ in here

hi bimbim, if you come across an audio store that carries effect audio cables, do give the ares 2 a try. hope it helps. cheers.

May 16, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #30,284 of 36,082
The only sad thing is that you have asked for our help and then refused to take it.
To say that you "suck at EQ" suggests that you don't know what sound you want.
You've asked for help in reducing the treble, so why not just try it. All it will cost is a bit of your time to experiment with what works for you. Once you've nailed it you can set it as a preset. Yes you will have to repeat the exercise for all sources, but once you know what you want this should be simple.
If you don't succeed maybe you should go back to the Savant, which has the sound you are looking for without the need for EQ.

The humble Savant, you make me so proud....

Screenshot_20190516-224746_Google.jpg

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
May 16, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #30,285 of 36,082

I don't want to beat a dead horse here, and I do genuinely hope that you manage to stay contented with the Kaiser Encore. With that said, an EQ is really what you want (need?). It's basically free, and you don't have to do a lot to get started. Like the others have mentioned, if you don't like what you're hearing, you can just revert to your default settings.

Good luck on your journey. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back