Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 18, 2019 at 10:03 PM Post #30,017 of 36,078
Noble is not the ones who are at fault in the socket issues, its other companies involved in making the sockets.

That's a straight up lie, the Noble sockets are literally the tightest sockets I have ever used. The first time taking off the stock cable I thought I was going to break it. Noble has to take some responsibility because I can see why others have broken them.

Also a stated 10% fail rate on just socket/connection issues is quite a bit. I own one of the Massdrop and like previously stated it was a **** to cable roll when I first got them. I thought I had to take a set of pliers to them. It makes sense if overall there was a 10%, but 10% solely on sockets?

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2019 at 10:14 PM Post #30,018 of 36,078
That's a straight up lie, the Noble sockets are literally the tightest sockets I have ever used. The first time taking off the stock cable I thought I was going to break it. Noble has to take some responsibility because I can see why others have broken them.

Also a stated 10% fail rate on just socket/connection issues is quite a bit. I own one of the Massdrop and like previously stated it was a **** to cable roll when I first got them. I thought I had to take a set of pliers to them. It makes sense if overall there was a 10%, but 10% solely on sockets?

How is it a lie when Noble isn't making the sockets?

Apr 18, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #30,019 of 36,078
How is it a lie when Noble isn't making the sockets?

Because those parts of a part of the Noble product, if they're having so many issues they should address that, no just say "nope not our fault, it's the socket manufacturers"

Apr 18, 2019 at 10:21 PM Post #30,020 of 36,078

While I agree in part noble sockets tend to be tight but they were never this fragile before so it has to be the set on khans. But I agree overall responsibility lies with Noble and saying vendor is at fault is ridiculous.. Noble chose the vendor.. but on flip side I have been using k10s CIEM these past 5 years and I have swapped cables so many times during this period as I didn’t like stock cables , the sockets on my k10 are just as good as they were new and CIEM is still has excellent build quality after using it regularly for nearly 5 years. So this points mainly to QC on khan rather than Noble in general. restricting people to use one cable or not swap for TOTL IEM like Khan is a bad compromise.. hope they fix this

On another note k10s are one of the most musical iems ever. Their sound signature is so unique and fits perfectly to my taste it is still my go to iem even after 5 years.. one of Noble’s best creation ..

Apr 18, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #30,021 of 36,078
I just tried my khan with my wife's S9+ and I got the same static. It seems like it is an issue with the way the 3.5mm output is pairing with the jack on the Khan. This for sure an issue with the phone as there is no issue with my hugo2, sp1000, or ak300, or my work phone a S7. I have no issue if i slowly insert the jack or if i use the iematch. It seems to be something about the way this specific plug interacts with the phone. A small annoyance but i rarely use my phone with IEMs maybe just to watch a movie while traveling for work. I am really enjoying them so far.

I did remove the stock cable to look at the sockets and mine are perfect. I am not sure why anyone would want to change the stock cable it is really nice and supple much more so than the cable that comes with the solaris that thing is stiff.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #30,022 of 36,078
Because those parts of a part of the Noble product, if they're having so many issues they should address that, no just say "nope not our fault, it's the socket manufacturers"

Agree to disagree then, they have the manufacturer make something for them, if that company screws up the process its not the same as Noble screwing up the process. If I have someone make tire dressing for me and they mess it up, its not my fault they messed it up. I am saying its not Noble's fault, I am not speaking for Noble.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2019 at 10:30 PM Post #30,023 of 36,078
Agree to disagree then, they have the manufacturer make something for them, if that company screws up the process its not the same as Noble screwing up the process. If I have someone make tire dressing for me and they mess it up, its not my fault they messed it up. I am saying its not Noble's fault, I am not speaking for Noble.

Right, so any time a driver fails, Knowles or whoever that driver maker is, we send our Noble made product back to x-driver manufacturer to fix. Makes sense.

Apr 18, 2019 at 10:30 PM Post #30,024 of 36,078

You really seem to have a blind spot when it comes to noble .. for example say when your apple phone breaks do you go to apple or parts supplier for the issue.

Apr 18, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #30,025 of 36,078
I’m most certainly taking statistics into account here. If 6 Massdrop K10s had this issue, I wouldn’t bat an eye. The Khan just started shipping last month(?), and within a couple weeks of people getting them, you’re seeing a number of issues pop up. Noble obviously agrees that this is an issue, since they’re upgrading the sockets lol (which is good)

Fun Fact: They just started selling the second batch of Khans in Korea, but from the first batch (let’s say a MOQ of 10), at least two have had messed up sockets (~20%), and another 5-6 have been sold/listed for sale (~50%). People are selling them for 40+% off local MSRP, and nobody’s touching them.

It’s a shame, since while it may not be for everyone, I think the Khan is an excellent IEM in terms of sound quality, and it was the one I was most looking forward to getting. It’s just that it seemingly comes with a lot of extra baggage, whether it’s the noise issues or build quality concerns.

I dont imagine beating the same drum over over again helps matters.

One of the steps we are taking is recessing the socket deeper with any luck may decrease the use of second hand cables. These "will it fit" experiments are taking a toll for sure.

I have had a Khan for 6 months without any problems, or at least until it was stolen. (Loaned it to a cable manufacturer which then subsequently "loaned" it to someone else)

It was the first to ever be built no serial numbers no signatures etc.

I have another one today.... everything works fine.... then again I'm not much for cable swaping.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Apr 18, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #30,026 of 36,078

Wow

Never said anything like that

What I have said is we make iems and cables that we supply fit the socket...

I dont speak for other cable manufacturers

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Apr 18, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #30,027 of 36,078
Wow

Never said anything like that

What I have said is we make iems and cables that we supply fit the socket...

I dont speak for other cable manufacturers

I'm responding to watagump, your number 1 cheerleader here.

Apr 18, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #30,028 of 36,078
You really seem to have a blind spot when it comes to noble .. for example say when your apple phone breaks do you go to apple or parts supplier for the issue.

I don't think there is any doubt that Noble will take care of the issue. Every high end company that I have dealt with has stood behind their product. I had to send my LCD 4z back 5 days after I got it for a driver failure. At the end of the day I would rather have a tight socket where the cable doesn't fall out. I will say that to date the best cable mating system that I have seen is the one the JH audio uses it is very robust. I don't really go for aftermarket cables so this is not a real issue for me. i might replace the cable if something happens to it but that is the only reason see to replace the stock Khan cable.

Apr 18, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #30,029 of 36,078
I don't think there is any doubt that Noble will take care of the issue. Every high end company that I have dealt with has stood behind their product. I had to send my LCD 4z back 5 days after I got it for a driver failure. At the end of the day I would rather have a tight socket where the cable doesn't fall out. I will say that to date the best cable mating system that I have seen is the one the JH audio uses it is very robust. I don't really go for aftermarket cables so this is not a real issue for me. i might replace the cable if something happens to it but that is the only reason see to replace the stock Khan cable.

There was never any doubt that Noble is vigilant in taking care of their customers issues. The issue is that one of the most vocal Noble fans in this thread is failing to see the bigger picture.

Apr 18, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #30,030 of 36,078

Hardly, Noble is stepping up for the manufacturer issue, just like most do, but that doesn't make it Nobles fault that the part failed, broke etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back