Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 18, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #29,701 of 36,065
Mar 19, 2019 at 12:25 AM Post #29,703 of 36,065
I have both Khan and REI Penta and am waiting for my pre-ordered Z1R.
To be fair, Khan's noise problem is associated with Apple's lightening to stereo mini plug attachment. Khan does not have any problem with regular DAPs (I use Khan with AK SP1000MG and LoToo PGT).

How do you compare the Khan to Rei Penta? Both SQ wise and fit wise? I'm considering a backup plan to Khan:) Solaris was the option but the fit was unbearable.

Mar 19, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #29,704 of 36,065
How do you compare the Khan to Rei Penta? Both SQ wise and fit wise? I'm considering a backup plan to Khan:) Solaris was the option but the fit was unbearable.

Fit wise, Rai Penta beats basically everything.

Mar 19, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #29,706 of 36,065
OH MY, Bohemian Rhapsody is one of the most insane songs I have ever heard through my gear. The mixing, the vocals, the bouncing around, wow I am floored. I should have listened to this years ago, the song isn't new to me, just this has never been done with anything in, on or over my ears.

Mar 19, 2019 at 1:25 AM Post #29,707 of 36,065
That must be true just by looking at the pictures :)
How about the isolation?

Isolation is something I find to be more tip dependent (regardless of IEM). Both will isolate fine

Mar 19, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #29,708 of 36,065
I wrote my impression and comparison before. Basically, Khan is better than Penta in every technical aspect. But the difference is not big. Thinking about the price difference, Penta is really a great value. Both Khan and Penta share similar signature. Khan is more neutral and analytical, while Penta is a bit more musical and slightly laid back. Fit is clearly better on Penta, while Khan wins for isolation. Hope this helps. YMMV.

Mar 19, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #29,709 of 36,065
This may have been in topic several times in this thread but I am in a hurry to choose between massdrop K10 VS 64Audio U12. I am not into much bass head, I only listen to mostly rock, metal and classical. I liked the brightness of the Andromeda but feel like to try different signature. Thought of U18 but which is against my budget at the moment so caught in the middle between K10 and U12.

Appreciation in advance from anyone's impression...

Mar 19, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #29,710 of 36,065
OH MY, Bohemian Rhapsody is one of the most insane songs I have ever heard through my gear. The mixing, the vocals, the bouncing around, wow I am floored. I should have listened to this years ago, the song isn't new to me, just this has never been done with anything in, on or over my ears.
It's supposed to be the song with the most recorded elements in recording history, or so I read somewhere.

Mar 19, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #29,712 of 36,065
From my experience 2 pin is far more reliable. Every MMCX IEM I have had crapped out due to rotation in the socket causing intermittent breaks in the circuit. Never had that with a 2 pin IEM.
Same reason for me do move from mmcx to 2 pins. I broke my nail yet cannot detach mmcx! Yet the mmcx connector got broken too for pressure

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #29,713 of 36,065
This may have been in topic several times in this thread but I am in a hurry to choose between massdrop K10 VS 64Audio U12. I am not into much bass head, I only listen to mostly rock, metal and classical. I liked the brightness of the Andromeda but feel like to try different signature. Thought of U18 but which is against my budget at the moment so caught in the middle between K10 and U12.

Appreciation in advance from anyone's impression...

I haven't tried the U12 but the K10 has some pretty big bass so it sounds like they might not be to your taste if I am honest but then if you are looking for something different to a bright IEM then they might be a good contrast. It is very hard to say to be honest, your best bet is to try and demo in a local shop if you can.

I really cant think of a better demo track I have ever heard. But my collection is small by comparison to others.

It is a truly amazing song, one of the greatest songs ever made IMO. I generally love Queen though so I might be a bit bias :wink:

Mar 19, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #29,714 of 36,065
I haven't tried the U12 but the K10 has some pretty big bass so it sounds like they might not be to your taste if I am honest but then if you are looking for something different to a bright IEM then they might be a good contrast. It is very hard to say to be honest, your best bet is to try and demo in a local shop if you can.

It is a truly amazing song, one of the greatest songs ever made IMO. I generally love Queen though so I might be a bit bias :wink:

Hearing it the way I am hearing it now is miles above hearing it through anything else I own. It just comes to life more so than lets say my home speakers or even my computer setup, neither of them are a slouch by any means. I also added Radio Ga Ga to my AK player, which isn't even in the same league, but still a good song.

Mar 19, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #29,715 of 36,065
Hearing it the way I am hearing it now is miles above hearing it through anything else I own. It just comes to life more so than lets say my home speakers or even my computer setup, neither of them are a slouch by any means. I also added Radio Ga Ga to my AK player, which isn't even in the same league, but still a good song.

Try Flash, it is a classic!

But no seriously try We Will Rock You followed By We are the Champions. Make sure gapless playback is on with whatever you use to listen though, that is key!

Out of interest what speakers do you have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back