1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!

1. Frankie D
    John, then I would have to keep switching cables when used with my Hugo 2 which is not recommended. In fact, the thin black cable is already loose on the left IEM from switching cables due to this issue, and I had to go back to the black and white cable that shipped with it. Tks.

2. krismusic Contributor
    I don't think anyone would want to hobble innovation and superb performance by insisting that it has to work with a smartphone. It's certainly something to consider though. It's a shame there isn't a gadget like the Dragonfly that is MFi certified.

3. Watagump
    My stuff works with everything I own that has a 3.5mm jack, just saying. One of them is even an Apple product.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  4. krismusic Contributor
    I'm specifically concerned about using my XS Max with the Khan.

5. BananaOoyoo
    Yes, I would like an IEM to be compatible with my phone regardless of how much it costs. Again, it’s not a complete dealbreaker if it isn’t... but the sound better be worth it.

The lightning cable isn’t a solution if you either 1. switch between devices or 2. use an android phone (some of which also apparently have issues with the Khan).

@krismusic I have an XS max, so I’ll let you know what I think if I get to try it first! (There were huge waiting lists to audition the IEMs when Rai Penta and Z1R came out, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the same was true for the Khan.)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    krismusic and emrelights1973 like this.
  6. emrelights1973
    Hey I need a large trunk in my Ferrari for groceries:)) I am just being silly, everybody got different needs

I bought v30 with the hype/discount in last days hooping to ditch DAPs but I was able to use it for 2 weeks and jump to new iphones, too much a hassle to switch iOS/Android if you have a Mac,iPad,Apple TV etc

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  7. BananaOoyoo
    I know you’re joking, but I think a better analogy would be a luxury SUV like the Levante or Cayenne lacked the trunk space for basic groceries. It doesn’t have to be the biggest or the best, but I expect something there nonetheless. I don’t expect an Aventador or 911 to have that, just like I don’t expect a Stax SR-009 or LCD-4 to be powered off my phone.

There are differing expectations for different types of products, not just different brands. Maybe others feel differently, but to me, an IEM should be usable with most, if not all, competent sources.

emrelights1973 likes this.
  8. cantsleep Contributor
    If im dropping 2k for a set of iems, I expect them to sound good with my phone, and even better with better daps

BananaOoyoo likes this.
  9. emrelights1973
    The source is the key, **** in **** out!

That is a motto for some of the audiophiles that I partly agree as well

But also I agree about the convenience factor, I use noise cancelling Bluetooth for convenience being an apple user

10. Rowethren
    Until I got my ES100 I almost solely used my phone to power my K10s and very occasionally my Chord Mojo. I would say 99% of the time it was with my Oneplus 3T.

11. emrelights1973
    Time to get a sp1000m gold then:)

12. msiekkb
    @FullCircle any chance Khan in CIEM version on the future? I love this iem.

13. Rowethren
    £2500... I think I will stick with my Chord Mojo and ES100 in conjunction with my phone thanks!

14. BananaOoyoo
    2835EC2D-A466-4BBA-BA8E-F0E978C12E9F.jpeg

Okay, just got to the headphone store.

Between nozzle length & overall shape, I was able to get a comfortable fit on these. This is the first Noble IEM that I have been able to properly use - I found the earlier shell designs to be awful.

Direct connection to iPhone XS Max (via 3.5mm adapter) - don’t even bother. This isn’t background noise + audio... it’s just 100% noise lol. Unlistenable.

Up next... ES100. No noise here. Same with the Nano iDSD Black Label.

Super quick impressions (~15 mins listening time) - first impressions are pretty positive. Sound doesn’t seem skewed towards male or female vocals, which is nice if you listen to a variety of genres. Good extension on both ends. The lower end goes low, but there isn’t any bass bloat, so the bass feels clean. Treble is well extended, but it could be sibilant for some. Usually not particularly affected by this, but some songs were getting up there...

I’m not sure how I feel about the overall sound. It almost feels like everything from the midbass to the upper mids seem scooped out. It sounds good, but whether that presentation works or not will depend on the listener and the songs in question. I’ll definitely need more time to make any conclusions myself.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    krismusic likes this.
  15. FullCircle
    Not sure, but if it could be done, it is questionable if a CIEM Khan would be able to fit most ears.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com