Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 17, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #29,687 of 36,089
Mar 17, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #29,688 of 36,089
As for whether I'll get the Khan or not... I'm not sure. It's the first Noble IEM to actually impress me, and I think it does belong in the same conversation as the other TOTL hybrids available (such as the Z1R, Trinity SS, Legend X, etc.).

No IEM's perfect, and all of them have their own unique shortcomings, but Khan is pretty interesting. The noise issue is a big downer though - that was not what I was expecting when the distributor mentioned it.
(I imagined something like the Andromeda, where there can be background hissing when nothing's playing that tends to get less noticeable or disappears outright when in use. With the Khan, there's no noise when nothing's playing and ears full of angry cats when you try to have it put out audio.)

Mar 17, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #29,689 of 36,089
No IEM's perfect, and all of them have their own unique shortcomings, but Khan is pretty interesting. The noise issue is a big downer though - that was not what I was expecting when the distributor mentioned it.
(I imagined something like the Andromeda, where there can be background hissing when nothing's playing that tends to get less noticeable or disappears outright when in use. With the Khan, there's no noise when nothing's playing and ears full of angry cats when you try to have it put out audio.)
I have both Khan and REI Penta and am waiting for my pre-ordered Z1R.
To be fair, Khan's noise problem is associated with Apple's lightening to stereo mini plug attachment. Khan does not have any problem with regular DAPs (I use Khan with AK SP1000MG and LoToo PGT).

Mar 17, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #29,690 of 36,089
Exactly Khan doesn't have problem on DAP, I tested this iem on Sony A45, Cayin N8, Fiio X5 III and phone Samsung S8+.

Mar 17, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #29,691 of 36,089
I have both Khan and REI Penta and am waiting for my pre-ordered Z1R.
To be fair, Khan's noise problem is associated with Apple's lightening to stereo mini plug attachment. Khan does not have any problem with regular DAPs (I use Khan with AK SP1000MG and LoToo PGT).

Yeah, I noted that in my quick impressions post earlier! Khan has issues with the iPhone adapter and with some Android-based smartphones (usually when changing apps - such as when you get a call while listening to music). There wasn’t an issue with my ES100 or Nano iDSD BL.

To me, it’s not a complete dealbreaker in itself, but when I do decide to make my purchase, if I feel like I equally like the Khan and Trinity (for example), that incompatibility might be the tiebreaker.

Edit: I am a bit kinda biased towards Noble though in this case. I have the Samba, Andromeda, and EX1000 already, so part of me wants the Khan so that I wouldn't be doubling up on IEMs from any one manufacturer. I'm not in a rush though... my plan is to buy when my local store runs sales (in June/December), so I have at least 3 months to decide.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #29,692 of 36,089
Not sure, but if it could be done, it is questionable if a CIEM Khan would be able to fit most ears.

I am down to be your first guinea pig, you can even do the design, as long as its not pink or something. I will keep checking the mail to see when they are arriving. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Dont forget, serial #001, or even serial letter #Wata.

Mar 17, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #29,694 of 36,089
Fit wise, same thing for me. :thumbsup:

Noble definitely deserves props on the fit. Khan isn’t a small IEM, and I imagine it could be easy to mess that up, but it’s good. Fit wise, I’d say it’s better than Z1R and Legend X and probably on par with Trinity SS. (YMMV)

Mar 17, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #29,695 of 36,089
Noble definitely deserves props on the fit. Khan isn’t a small IEM, and I imagine it could be easy to mess that up, but it’s good. Fit wise, I’d say it’s better than Z1R and Legend X and probably on par with Trinity SS. (YMMV)

One guy at CanJam NY spent pretty much the entire day between the Legend X and the Khan, he really took his time deciding. I had to loan him my AK player because his player ran out of juice.

Mar 18, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #29,696 of 36,089
On the way to Hong Kong now.
Noble team attending
Jim (aka Jimmy Hoffa, aka the boss)
Nancy (aka Abacus aka the real boss
Joy (aka goddess, aka the Wizard's Boss)
John (aka Wizard)

Specialty items to be shown

Khan (Aka the King of Kings)
Savant II (aka mighty mouse)
Skunk Works ?

I'm excited to be showing a collection of hand art created by my wife and I

1552917305032.jpg

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back