Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 13, 2018 at 7:38 PM Post #27,121 of 36,063
I'm not sure what the definition of sweat glands is, but the ear canal tissue does weep.

For example if u leave a band aid on, & pull it off after a few hours and the skin is moist. The ear canal does the same thing, which is one of the reasons i prefer acrylic over silicone ciems. Silicone doesn't allow the tissue to breathe... wet ears. Yuck

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Mar 13, 2018 at 7:38 PM Post #27,122 of 36,063
I'm a Doctor, doctorate of audiology

Ears are functioning all the time, sleep or not so technically they never rest.

One could have a fan on all night long, being exposed to the constant drone of the fan or one could have ear phones in.... same concept. When I was younger, i would listen to Mandarin Chinese all night long with the hopes of learning Mandarin, I don't know if doing so helped or not.

The things to worry about are

Loud volume

Not alowing the tissue in ear canal to breathe

Ear wax

Environmental awareness

Loud volume - self explanatory

Air out the ear canal- it is wise to let the ear canals to get some alone time, as a closed off ear canal becomes a little green house, warm and moist, perfect environment for fungus to grow and grow it will. I have only seen this with people that wear hearing aids essentially 24 hrs a day.

Ear wax - ear canal tissue literally grows outwardly (very slowly) and by doing so, the process acts like a conveyor belt, moving ear wax out of the ear in a slow outward fashion. IEM, ear plugs etc can act like a dam and cause ear wax to build up.... leading to a plugged up ear canal, leading to other issues which could lead to a visit to the ENT to get resolved

Environmental noise - self explanatory

Sooooo be wise with your ears

Great information, John. Thanks for sharing.

When I talked about resting your ears, I didn't mean from hearing things, but rather the sealed-off pounding an IEM causes, even at lower listening levels.

Forgive me if that's not scientifically sound. I'm not a doctor. Feel free to correct me if what I'm saying is nonsense. :)

Mar 13, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #27,125 of 36,063
6E0A656C-CD89-4E78-8D4A-0554FE54A000.jpeg
Btw

I do sleep with foam ear plugs, 2,000 chickens next door.....

Mar 13, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #27,128 of 36,063
@FullCircle: Well there ya go.

2,000 chickens? Factory farm I’m guessing? The ones not far from here have anywhere up to 50,000.

It’s probably just as well I’ll be back in Melbourne and in my own dwelling in 47 days (let’s call it seven weeks, it sounds like less haha).

At no later than 10 to four this morning as is the routine one of our Saint Bernards jumped up on the kitchen counter, hence Chelsea vs Millwall ensued. You see the difficulty. :p

Thankfully there not in my ears literally all night. I might go to bed with them in, either sub-consciously or not, put them away and then put them back in at around the aforesaid time when things ramp up. Admittedly that’s still excessive and probably unhealthy.

A good reason to look after my hearing too is I’m legally blind.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #27,132 of 36,063
Hey guys,

I´m thinking about getting a pair of Noble Kaiser 10 Universal. Now I´m a bit confused, because there seems to be a first version (v1, which is black in design) and a newer version, the K10UA (which is red/white aluminimum design). I wonder if there are some changes in sound, or do they sound pretty similiar? Small changes would not bother me, but if there are significant changes, this would be a deal breaker for me.

Kind regards

Mar 14, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #27,134 of 36,063
Mar 14, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #27,135 of 36,063

Users who are viewing this thread

Back