Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 16, 2018 at 3:54 AM Post #27,151 of 36,090
Hey guys i was wondering if the Kaiser Encore sounded a little too bright to you? maybe its the Onkyo DP-X1 that i'd paired with. I really love the sound signature though, i was trying out the encores and it took me a while (1 - 2 hours?) to take them off. :ksc75smile:

Mar 16, 2018 at 4:40 AM Post #27,152 of 36,090
8CEC085D-06C9-4804-BA03-23CC40A84B80.jpeg
Hey guys i was wondering if the Kaiser Encore sounded a little too bright to you? maybe its the Onkyo DP-X1 that i'd paired with. I really love the sound signature though, i was trying out the encores and it took me a while (1 - 2 hours?) to take them off. :ksc75smile:

You should read the reviews here at Head-Fi. There are seven reviews for the Encore IEM and each reviewer is essentially saying the same thing, but interpreting the signature in slightly different ways. I simply only read one review before getting a chance to demo the IEMs.

They could be considered slightly bright, but that’s where so much of the magic comes from. They are like listening to perfectly tuned speakers in a well treated room. If your mainly listening to dark, forgiving and mid-pulled IEM signatures they could be a slight stretch. Yet after acclimated they become super fun. I do a really slight, super slight EQ, where on tone knobs I pull one notch back on the treble and three notches back in the mids, using the Sony 1Z.

I’m more of a bass head, but the Encore is an increasingly incredible ride, and I would not sell them for anything.

Where the joy actually is comes from the soundstage being top-bottom and side to side. It’s kind of like being a fish in the middle of a fish bowl.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2018 at 6:36 AM Post #27,153 of 36,090
@Redcarmoose: Sounds like just the ticket to getting more metal back in my life.

I found mysdlf disillusioned with all the extreme for extreme’s sake stuff. It’s a dime a dozen and twice as samey. But I’m all for something immaculately produced, and something erring on the fun side of things too.

Just as soon as I’m done with JOOF Editions vol. 4 haha.

Oh, and it’s worth noting Triptykon’s “Tree of Suffocating Souls” was among the tracks I used to audition the K10s. Hearing every aspect of the kick drum and the separation between that and other instruments... If I wasn’t sold on the K10s by that point I was then!

Mar 16, 2018 at 6:52 AM Post #27,154 of 36,090
It was listening to Guns N Roses that I decided to make the purchase of mine, yet I'm not the biggest fan of GnR..............but it was how the Encore IEM did the song that I knew which was the clincher at the store.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #27,155 of 36,090

You should read the reviews here at Head-Fi. There are seven reviews for the Encore IEM and each reviewer is essentially saying the same thing, but interpreting the signature in slightly different ways. I simply only read one review before getting a chance to demo the IEMs.

They could be considered slightly bright, but that’s where so much of the magic comes from. They are like listening to perfectly tuned speakers in a well treated room. If your mainly listening to dark, forgiving and mid-pulled IEM signatures they could be a slight stretch. Yet after acclimated they become super fun. I do a really slight, super slight EQ, where on tone knobs I pull one notch back on the treble and three notches back in the mids, using the Sony 1Z.

I’m more of a bass head, but the Encore is an increasingly incredible ride, and I would not sell them for anything.

Where the joy actually is comes from the soundstage being top-bottom and side to side. It’s kind of like being a fish in the middle of a fish bowl.

I went to audition for the encores again and i can relate it being bright to a point where i can tolerate it without a bit of a cringe on certain songs. I guess my ears have not been acclimated yet but i really do enjoy it in its full package.

I'd actually auditioned the Katana first and it was really awesome, to me it was neutral yet musical. However there's something in me that wanted more bass (no pun intended) but to a certain extent. And so i tried the encores. Boy was i impressed.

This is the kind of IEMs i'd always been yearning for for the longest time when i listened to heavy metal. They just give the right amount of energy to me. Listening to 'Redneck' by Lamb of God has been a real treat. I would love to listen to other genres with the encores as well. It's like i'm re-discovering music again each time i listened to the Kaiser Encore.

Mar 16, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #27,156 of 36,090
They are kinda mid-bright. Not bright like HD800s I guess? I didn't give it that much thought, just purchased them. Had them for 4 months, like them more all the time. Not sure if they are 100% for EDM, but I don't care as they excel at so much else. I listened to the Katana too at the point of purchase. To me the Encore ended as the way to go due to the tone and how instruments where presented in the sound field. Though when I spent my first week with the Encore, I actually wondered if the Katana would have been the way to go. Though either I became used to the treble or the IEMs smoothed out? They seem perfect now, and I guess I made the correct choice? I have not used EQ for years, but it's also the slight use EQ which has helped tailor the experience?

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #27,157 of 36,090
They are kinda mid-bright. Not bright like HD800s I guess? I didn't give it that much thought, just purchased them. Had them for 4 months, like them more all the time. Not sure if they are 100% for EDM, but I don't care as they excel at so much else. I listened to the Katana too at the point of purchase. To me the Encore ended as the way to go due to the tone and how instruments where presented in the sound field. ?

I find the Katana has a similar tone and separation too. But i preferred the Encore as i liked how the bass sounded. For EDM I would listen it with the K10

Mar 17, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #27,159 of 36,090
Hi,
quick question: i am trying to replace the cable on my Kaiser Encore's. Is there any trick to get the connectors off the IEMs? I am afraid of damaging them and they seem almost like glued in there.

Thanks for any help.

I needed to change the cable on my Katanas; nothing wrong with the stock cable, but I wanted to go balanced to match the AMP unit on my DX200 DAP.
I had exactly the same feeling as you! They felt immovable and I was really worried about damaging them!

Bluntly, it's just a question of using some force and persevering. Eventually, they will slide out. If you're really struggling, try wearing rubber/leather gloves for grip or something.
However, the one advice I can give here is to try to always ensure that the line of force you are using is matching the orientation of the pins in the connector.
The same when you are trying to push a new cable back in. Then there's comparatively little risk of breaking anything.

Others may have more advice, but this is how it was for me! Hope this helps :)

Mar 20, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #27,165 of 36,090
I've had my K10's for around 5 years now. I've always been careful when cleaning then but inevitably a certain amount of wax has slipped down the bores. Is there any way or
need to get them professionally cleaned out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back