Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 10, 2018 at 12:22 AM Post #27,091 of 36,066
@Redcarmoose: Interesting points made sir! While the K10s sound just as great now as they did upon auditioning them, there is a lot more being discovered every day (especially if I play something from The Rolling Stones, Daddy Cool, The Beatles (incidentally Paul McCartney’s Band on the Run was not well mastered even for its time!), Stevie Wonder and others. The entire complexion of some songs seems almost entirely reconstituted - in a good way. House music (from DJs like Cassy, Maya Jane Coles, Four Tet, etc.) absolutely sings too.

I thought I’d audition the Katanas to see if maybe, just maybe, I was less of a basshead than first thought. They didn’t quite do it for me upon auditioning but I was so tempted to go with them to see if I’d grow to love them.

But my musical tastes of course do need something with low end emphasis.

Indeed trance has virtually no soundstage (hence the Shure SE846s are a good option for trance/progressive listeners as they have a very boxed in intimate periphery).

Mar 10, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #27,092 of 36,066
@https://www.head-fi.org/members/stranger-than-fiction.484540/

I'm a guitar player and there is a phenomena with high-end acoustic guitars called "opening-up". I've only experienced it one time as most guitars I've purchased have been old used ones. Obviously with a complex wood instrument there is a whole group of factors going on which allows the guitar sound to change.

But if you ever experience it, it's a very strange thing as a whole. First it's like the guitar starts to sound louder, then it gets more harmonicly rich. This process is most intense in the first six hours of playing a new guitar. But depending on the make and finish used it continues to go on and on in a more suble way for years on end. It's like the guitar is alive and is waking upon the interaction. Also guitars doing this is pretty much standard understanding, the reverse of how we audiophiles debate burn-in.

With IEMs:
I would think for us it's a lot like our brain understanding the tone of the new IEMs. It's as if we were first looking at a map of the city, then after walking the (sound signature) streets for part of the year; know the town?

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2018 at 5:50 AM Post #27,093 of 36,066
On what planet?:thinking:

Planet SoCal.

Beautiful but tough!

More than just SoCal...

russian-sovient-women-military14.jpg

I'm super impressed by the Noble EDC Bells. For the price point they are nothing short of outstanding. Such a fun listen. Well done to The Wizard and Brannan for yet another fantastic addition to an already astonishing range of IEMs.

I think the EDC line up has been winner after winner. The Bells are absolutely fantastic. The Velvets have their sonic niche, too. They are like a very well-made dessert.

Mar 10, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #27,094 of 36,066
More than just SoCal...

russian-sovient-women-military14.jpg

I think the EDC line up has been winner after winner. The Bells are absolutely fantastic. The Velvets have their sonic niche, too. They are like a very well-made dessert.
She can **** right off!

Mar 11, 2018 at 9:15 PM Post #27,097 of 36,066
Would that be the PS tri copper ? What’s the impression with Encore?

I'm listening to Tri-Copper with Encore right now. Its truly amazing synergy. My favorite cable for these IEMs yet.

Further impressions can be found in my review, which will be up Friday, coinciding with the official launch.

Mar 11, 2018 at 11:17 PM Post #27,101 of 36,066
tri-copper? is it the t-metal?

No, It's a new conductor they are releasing soon. Stay tuned for all the details. I believe their site will update this Friday.

Mar 12, 2018 at 1:16 AM Post #27,103 of 36,066
I'm listening to Tri-Copper with Encore right now. Its truly amazing synergy. My favorite cable for these IEMs yet.

Further impressions can be found in my review, which will be up Friday, coinciding with the official launch.
Sounds tempting as I have a pair of Noble X, thinking of getting the encore, your input would be like the final dose :p

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #27,104 of 36,066

Users who are viewing this thread

Back