Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 7, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #27,076 of 36,040
Cool to hear the story you have.

And it's a great thing when out of the blue our IEMs get an improvement in sound with time. Who knows if it's all simple 100% mental-mind burn-in or what? And in many ways it's just something to enjoy as a plus and a surprise after time spent adjusting.

Much of this hobby is critical judgments as in a way everyone is attempting better sound due to analysis and trials/error. But EDM is the final pasture I'd like to wholeheartedly cross at some point with the Encore IEM. At this point it's EDM with the Encore 50% of the time........as I really do guess it's a mental thing.

Pure BAs are a double edge sword, where in many ways they are faster with EDM, but it's a personal hearing sales pitch of training the brain to except the decay and dynamics. Once you can slowly train the brain to enjoy the bass tone with the Encore as the go to EDM machine, the rest of the response character is win-win.

The Encore is already my rock genre reference IEM, and great for soundtracks, and it's on it's way over to maybe be a really great EDM choice. The crazy thing is I didn't even buy it to be my preferred sound signature.

By the way, if your buying a complementary sound signature, it takes all the stress out of deciding. Your like whatever.............I have an idea of this sound signature..........I have owned this tone character before.....I guess.................I'll try and get into this character. But you can spend the money because your not even thinking your going to find perfection. Then when you slowly get away from your prepercieved idea of what sound you like, and get into a new and different reference tone, it's somewhat of an epiphany. The Encore can be an epiphany like that.

I think of the Encore like this: EDM doesn’t really have a soundstage, Encore gives it a soundstage. It’s like enabling surround sound with a gaming dac but instead it’s not a gimmick and it’s useful for everything. I like BA bass because I like to hear ALL of nuances of the specific bass notes at any one second. All decay and dynamics does is get in the way of hearing all the notes EDM consists of. They say that digital is perfect compared to analog and it’s imperfect but soulful playback and the Encore to me is that answer to digital in giving it the soul while having the perfect playback experience.

Mar 7, 2018 at 11:55 PM Post #27,078 of 36,040
B34A4BD6-8C2F-4F77-9FF6-60A26805FBB5.jpeg
Both the K10 and Encores have handled everything I have thrown at them, except country. That's because I wont eve play country music, it sucks. :smiling_imp:

Mar 8, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #27,079 of 36,040
These bad boys will be coming my way soon - pretty much exactly 40 business days to the day! Custom Encore reprints. Massively happy with the way they have turned out and hoping (expecting!) them to look even better in the flesh.

Those look awesome. I might switch my Wizard reprints to yours from the one I had selected below as apparently there has been a delay with mine.

benjamin-neo-4-1-copy.jpg

Mar 8, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #27,080 of 36,040

I have a hard time with hip hop and country. On occasion, there are tunes that I like from either genres. That said, Telecasters are the bees knees!

I just ordered another Velvet. I let my middle child listen to my unit. He said, "I'm not letting you have these back!" I don't blame him. I won't let him even see the Bell!

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #27,081 of 36,040
Those look awesome. I might switch my Wizard reprints to yours from the one I had selected below as apparently there has been a delay with mine.

Both designs are amazing and it must be hard if you have to choose one.

I sometimes went browsing the Wizard designs on the Noble website and felt I was really lucky not able to afford a pair of Wizard Encore, otherwise I may spend an entire year deciding which design to choose..

Mar 8, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #27,082 of 36,040
Mar 8, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #27,083 of 36,040

Yeah it’s a tough choice, those look very nice too! I was close to ordering a Wizard but decided to go with a reprint. The reprints won’t match the lookbook exactly, so that’s worth bearing in mind. I’m sure you’ll be happy either way

Mar 8, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #27,085 of 36,040
Mar 8, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #27,087 of 36,040
Mar 9, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #27,089 of 36,040
I'm super impressed by the Noble EDC Bells. For the price point they are nothing short of outstanding. Such a fun listen. Well done to The Wizard and Brannan for yet another fantastic addition to an already astonishing range of IEMs.

Mar 9, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #27,090 of 36,040
Never thought I would ever buy a DAP but I got a iBasso DX200. Out of the box with the standard amp it has already killed my Oppo HA-2SE. It gave my Katana enough soundstage that it was actually close to the Encore. It took my Encore and made vocals actually come further out and center at the same time, like the sitting in front of you feeling. Should have bought a DAP forever ago, damn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back