Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 26, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #25,576 of 36,042
May 27, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #25,577 of 36,042

and just in case you missed it, there is also a new Encore review as well https://www.head-fi.org/ https://www.head-fi.org/p/744/noble-kaiser-encore-review-by-cvbcbcmv\

free-wow-gif-777.gif

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
May 27, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #25,580 of 36,042
Im still digging encore

May 28, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #25,582 of 36,042
His response says so much, I guess he is on to the flavor of the month. Must have been given a discount, also.

Hmmm, maybe the fact that he never owned a Rhapsodio Galaxy (can't find it under his profile information) could have something to do with that? :thinking:

May 28, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #25,583 of 36,042
Hmmm, maybe the fact that he never owned a Rhapsodio Galaxy (can't find it under his profile information) could have something to do with that? :thinking:

Possible, but I thought he bought and sold a set, but I could have him confused with someone else. He should come correct me, or just come try and post more negativity about Noble I guess.

Last edited:
May 28, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #25,586 of 36,042
never owned/tried galaxy ,champ - you obviously confuse me with someone else

btw i am also trying to keep dialogue with you to a minimum , cause you are a good kid and i don't feel like clashing with you being that hardcore/''mind eyes'' closed noble fan tht you are

enjoy your noble and take care, me i will be waiting to see where nt6 and zeus end up in nic's shootout (which are the ones i own)

cheers

May 28, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #25,587 of 36,042
never owned/tried galaxy ,champ - you obviously confuse me with someone else

btw i am also trying to keep dialogue with you to a minimum , cause you are a good kid and i don't feel like clashing with you being that hardcore/''mind eyes'' closed noble fan tht you are

enjoy your noble and take care, me i will be waiting to see where nt6 and zeus end up in nic's shootout (which are the ones i own)

cheers

Fair enough, but if you don't want to clash, then why do you come to this thread with the intention on doing anything to bash or make Noble look bad? Do you see me going to the EE thread and being negative about them? News flash, I could. I like Noble stuff along with other stuff I HAVE tested, but even things I didn't like, I don't go try and bring the company down. Once again, if YOU tested something from Noble and didn't like it, then cool, but you just continue to bash them because of something they did that you didn't like.

May 29, 2017 at 3:35 AM Post #25,588 of 36,042
I am looking for a high quality sound that is neutral and revealing, but I am sensitive to treble and DO NOT need a boost in that area unless its higher than around 17kHz.

I would love some opinions on whether the Katana is boosted in the treble or not.

I am in the process of ordering my Katana custom, but I may ask about the Kaiser if I recieve some opinions in regards to my question.

I'll just skim overhe headphones I've owned for reference' sake:

Bose QC25 - liked the sound sig

Oppo PM-3 - adore this one but slightly rolled on the highest octave for me - could be my deafness too. But I actually prefer this headphone in sound sig over the EL-8. however the EL-8 is a bit more detailed and with a noticably better soundstage, and that is why i still own both, LOL. I find the OPPO's slightly easier to listen to all day though the EL-8 are pretty smooth also, some tracks have very very slightly too bright moments sometimes cause of the weird treble. But with much psydub and basically awesome bass music I listen to, both headphones are decent

Audeze EL-8 adore the sound sig on this one combined with HA-2SE, but I consistently use the bass boost which is tasteful but brings the bass to a more accurate presence IMO. Without the boost, I actually feel the EL-8 has ever so slightly recessed bass than would suit it. However I say that because the vibration of those 10cm drivers are phenomenal on my skull.

The extension of the bass on the 2017 EL-8 is amazingly good. The treble is a little weird though unfortunately, I can hear that it has some barely noticable peaks and valleys so the treble amount can be slightly north of neutral in one spot then south in another. this took many hours of listening to notice, but now I've noticed it. For me, I demand accurate treble that is NOT boosted or reduced, and without peaks and valleys. If the Encore or the Katana can pull it off with proper bass extension - neutral, level and deep then I am a very happy camper! I do feel like Audeze's weakest point is usually the treble from what I've heard in their line-up. Their Bass and usually the Mids are typically phenominal though. LCD-X were another headphone where I felt the treble was a bit weird, similar idea to my complaint with the EL-8. Since this is such a minor issue, I will say that the EL-8 have an airy and nicely presented treble almost all of the time but not every time.

So hopefully this gives you an idea of the sound I like. I am still not sure what exactly is off on the EL-8 but that is for me to wonder and to find out.

In addition to sound sig I'd also consider using this Katana as a tool for mixing when I use Ableton and other software to compose music while I am away from home (working out of town, I don't get to use my monitors in a treated room very often, only for a few days, once every three weeks). the Monitors are most recently JBL LSR305 replaced by Yamaha HS-8 which I find to be the best and most detailed sound I've heard in a speaker. If Katana really is neutral enough it can do the job when I'm stuck in a hotel or work-camp room with only a portable sound system. Now I've read about the Katana so much in the last couple months, and I thought I was sure about the Katana, while I noticed a new review was published here today, that described the Kaiser Encore as being much like a cross between the K10 and the Katana and this sounds attractive to me! However in that same review it was said that the bass may be too much for some. Others have said the Encore have this slight mid-bass bump. I'd say as long as I have no lack of bass, but a neutral amount, then the Katana is still for me... ahh, decision :)

I'm listening to Clap! Clap! - A Thousand Skies right now on the EL-8O & HA-2SE (with bass boost). It's a different direction in music for me, but I like it a lot! Happy clappy rhythms and melodies, much inspired by African music from what I can hear. So well produced. The kick drum is much like an 808 - so deep and the basslines and synths and voices are so nice. Y-all need to check out this release..

Anyway looking forward to your thoughts on the Katana.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back