Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 29, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #25,591 of 36,042
Anyway looking forward to your thoughts on the Katana.
I think both the Katana and Encore are good. For me the Katana has more warmth, and bass in its presentation than the Encore; while being less detailed and analytical. Anyway, if you can try with your ears first that would be better. Good luck.

Just sharing. Here is my personal take on the Kaiser Encore, in comparison with my MASON 2. Mind you that your experience may vary. For me, the Encore presents high clarity, and details in its tonality - especially midrange. If you're a classical music listener, or like orchestra music, the Encore is very suitable, and can satisfy many soundstage cravings. It feels really immersive when listening to Encore, the stage is wide, tall, and spacious. The atmosphere presented is airy; due to Encore's clarity, separation and lean note size. Female vocals, and piano are detailed, and articulate, which is another of my favourite aspect listening with the Encore. I was mistaken before when I first listened to the Encore - playing a bass heavy electronic music. Not a surprise that the Encore was not specialized in that, and didn't sound to my liking. I think the Encore soars very well when you're listening to music which requires presenting a lot of specific details, and clarity.

https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/unique-melody-mason-2.22391/reviews#review-18609

Noble Kaiser Encore ($1850, 10 BA):

K10E has a bit more width, and height in its dimension. The stage feels more spacious and airier, due to its lean/lighter note size. The MASON 2 however is deeper, and has better layering ability. K10E can be highly transparent. But it's pretty sensitive, so you'll need to select the right source.

K10E is brighter, colder, and more analytical. It displays as neutral, but with more bump in mid-bass, and upper-mid frequency. The MASON 2 feels warmer, smooth, and more natural. You can hear this in each musical notes. The K10E, sounds more precise, and detailed. It is bright, and cleaner. While the MASON 2 sounds lively, and more engaging. Still, both have good resolution, and imaging.

Bass on the K10E is boosted more in the mid-section. While its sub-section can be found lacking in volume. The MASON 2 has a more satisfying overall bass. Its bass is denser, and more dynamic. That being said, the K10E's leaner bass has better control, and quicker speed.

Midrange is highlighted more in the K10E. It has a brighter presentation which exposes a lot of micro-details. Notes are leaner and more articulate. While the MASON 2 has a better balance between warmth, and clarity. This balance, allows the MASON 2 to produce notes with a more natural timbre - closer to reality. They both have good technical abilities, with the K10E excelling in separation, and transparency.

Upper-mid, or lower-treble is both the K10E's strength, and also its weakness (at least for me). It has this distinct lift in it, which is good for providing clarity to the whole sound. But also unpleasant for some sensitive listeners. The MASON 2 has a smoother, less-fatiguing tone. It displays better control in this area.

Both treble extends very well. They both recreate details nicely.

Overall, the Encore is an amazing IEM worthy of being the top of its line. Not as versatile in playing some genres of music, but it plays certain genres very well. I have to compliment and thank John for creating. It is not an easy feat to complete such a highly technical IEM. No need to say much about the build quality, the universal Encore is very tough :)

Last edited:
May 30, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #25,593 of 36,042
getting ready

201312232179_tumblr_mxm4gigmmE1rfxftro5_250.gif

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
May 30, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #25,594 of 36,042
Have any one try snugs custom tips for k10ua?

May 31, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #25,596 of 36,042
May 31, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #25,598 of 36,042
Can anyone tell me what the paypal fee is if you buy from a member on this website? Kinda new here.

The seller usually states a %, some say 3% some say 4%, just make an all in offer or do a gift. I have done a gift and didn't get screwed by the seller and vice versa. Bottom line, haggle.

May 31, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #25,600 of 36,042
What is a "gift"? What does it mean when they say "up" or "bump" in their for sale thread? Thanks in advance.

If you sell or buy and use PP and have money sent or received as a gift, then PP doesn't take a %. Up and or bump, is taking the thread and making it move to the top, just by posting those words. People do this so the sale doesn't get buried deep where people might not scroll to look at.

May 31, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #25,601 of 36,042
If you sell or buy and use PP and have money sent or received as a gift, then PP doesn't take a %. Up and or bump, is taking the thread and making it move to the top, just by posting those words. People do this so the sale doesn't get buried deep where people might not scroll to look at.

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain! Now everything makes sense. I will try buying or selling something soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back