Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 26, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #2,222 of 36,071

Is there anyway to ensure that the cable/connector is flush with my ear.
Thinking about ordering these but I'd prefer a cleaner look.
I hope I don't offend the gentleman in the photo.

smily_headphones1.gif

You can use angled connectors and skip the memory wire? That's what I've been using and I find it to be much more comfortable than memory wire and straight connectors.

Feb 26, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #2,224 of 36,071
Mine are not too bad, TF10 custom though.

You can use angled connectors and skip the memory wire? That's what I've been using and I find it to be much more comfortable than memory wire and straight connectors.

This is exactly what I was referring to, both of them look great.
Any way for Noble to place the sockets in such a way to ensure a 'flush'fit?

Sorensiim - did yours jut forward with the stock cable?

Feb 26, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #2,228 of 36,071

Probably when he gets his custom set of K10, he would do it.

It will be nice to see a real comparison, rather than someone uses another persons SE5way and write "things" about it, without getting a proper fit as well as seal.

Ha ha

Feb 26, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #2,229 of 36,071
@Tupac

Do you mind to do a comparison of K10 vs SE5? Thanks

See my review (second post of the thread) for a very accurate, balanced take on the two.

Feb 27, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #2,231 of 36,071
This is exactly what I was referring to, both of them look great.
Any way for Noble to place the sockets in such a way to ensure a 'flush'fit?

Sorensiim - did yours jut forward with the stock cable?

The cable in this picture is the stock Noble cable where I replaced the connectors.

Feb 27, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #2,232 of 36,071

I don't have anything personal against you, I just don't accept the idea of using another persons ciem and write things about it. Even from my experience, the smallest change in ear canal shape can affect the sound dramatically, mostly the bass response.

I have been losing weight a lot since I got my SE5way, my right ear fit has slightly changed after I lost 20 kilos. As a return, the fit becomes not so perfect anymore, resulting in worse sound than my months old experience. So these are my monitors, built for me and the smallest change in ear canal shape has an effect on my sound, sadly for the worse.

Therefore using another persons ciem and making a review/comparison is really not something I would trust on. Then again, I enjoyed your other works, read them and always liked, except that K10/SE5way comparison.

Sorry for the OT, I just didn't want to look aggressive against Kunlun, this post was meant to clarify that my problem is the review method, which is, using other people's ciem and writing about it.

Feb 27, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #2,233 of 36,071
I will rather not compare. I bought k10 because I really loved the demo a lot! So I want to enjoy it rather than see which is better. This is not jh13/se5 situation :p

Feb 27, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #2,234 of 36,071
I asked for that reprint too.. This is truly a work of art!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back