Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 24, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #2,192 of 36,078
There's a disturbing lack of actual detailed reviews for the Noble products so far, so it will be good to get another out there!

Yeah, you're right. I for one have been constantly delaying my N4 review and I promised it at least a couple of weeks ago but I keep getting distracted by other stuff and after that I'm too tired but mostly too lazy to get down to it. 

Feb 24, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #2,193 of 36,078
  Yeah, you're right. I for one have been constantly delaying my N4 review and I promised it at least a couple of weeks ago but I keep getting distracted by other stuff and after that I'm too tired but mostly too lazy to get down to it. 

Very interested to read your review. I have been holding off on ordering a UF 4 until i read some decent impressions. I want something similar in sig to my FitEar F111 but with better clarity, bass and transparency. 

Feb 25, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #2,194 of 36,078
  Very interested to read your review. I have been holding off on ordering a UF 4 until i read some decent impressions. I want something similar in sig to my FitEar F111 but with better clarity, bass and transparency. 

Well, I'll try to dedicate some time for the review and hopefully finish it this week. I did lose time waiting for some tips and the Ortofon ones kinda caught me off guard coz now I have to take into account how they make the N4 sound. Also, I was kinda split between which tips to use with the N4 - the stock dark blue ones or the ortofon ones but in the end I should take advantage of the option to change the sound and use them both depending on my mood.

Now, I haven't heard F111 but I know it's supposed to be an er4s tribute (if I'm not wrong it uses the same drivers) but judging by its measurement it has more bass and more laid back and lower on sparkle highs. The N4 with the stock tips has a weightier and thicker low end and a bit thicker and more realistic overall sound than er4s while still highly detailed might be what you're looking. You can also get the ortofon tips and turn the N4 into a more analytical iem with leaner and cooler sound and more transparent and rawer presentation if transparency and clarity are your main priority. Either way, the N4 is a fine iem that is easily driven and sounds great.

Feb 25, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #2,195 of 36,078
  Well, I'll try to dedicate some time for the review and hopefully finish it this week. I did lose time waiting for some tips and the Ortofon ones kinda caught me off guard coz now I have to take into account how they make the N4 sound. Also, I was kinda split between which tips to use with the N4 - the stock dark blue ones or the ortofon ones but in the end I should take advantage of the option to change the sound and use them both depending on my mood.

Now, I haven't heard F111 but I know it's supposed to be an er4s tribute (if I'm not wrong it uses the same drivers) but judging by its measurement it has more bass and more laid back and lower on sparkle highs. The N4 with the stock tips has a weightier and thicker low end and a bit thicker and more realistic overall sound than er4s while still highly detailed might be what you're looking. You can also get the ortofon tips and turn the N4 into a more analytical iem with leaner and cooler sound and more transparent and rawer presentation if transparency and clarity are your main priority. Either way, the N4 is a fine iem that is easily driven and sounds great.

Thanks for taking the time to response.. I will look forward to your more detailed review. Yes, i think they may be exactly what i want.

Feb 25, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #2,196 of 36,078
Hi guys , it seems that the noble 5 universal does not seem to be very popular here... anyone heard it before? Can give review on how it sounds? Maybe if possible compare with noble 4 universal too. Thanks !:)

Feb 25, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #2,197 of 36,078
There's a disturbing lack of actual detailed reviews for the Noble products so far, so it will be good to get another out there!

I'd like to read some more detailed reviews as well. My "sounds great" impressions/review doesn't really help. 
redface.gif

Hi guys , it seems that the noble 5 universal does not seem to be very popular here... anyone heard it before? Can give review on how it sounds? Maybe if possible compare with noble 4 universal too. Thanks !
smily_headphones1.gif

As far as I am aware, the N5 is the same as the Heir Audio 5.0, and is thus a known quantity. A lot of the attention is probably diverted to the N6 and K10 as well. 

Feb 25, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #2,198 of 36,078
Hi guys , it seems that the noble 5 universal does not seem to be very popular here... anyone heard it before? Can give review on how it sounds? Maybe if possible compare with noble 4 universal too. Thanks !
smily_headphones1.gif

I love the N5 it's my precious... it is a different animal to the N4.

I'm away for a few days but will give my personal thoughts on the N5 upon my return (email me via the website if you prefer)... I haven't heard the N4 so it may be best to ask others (the Wiz has changed the design so my knowledge of the 4.Ai is pretty much redundant). 

Feb 25, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #2,199 of 36,078
Been listening to my N4 for about a week now, and it's really growing on me. I use the foam tips which for me sacrifice a little detail for a smoother sound overall.
I do like my bass and coming from the Westone 3 i felt it was was delivering way more in quantity than quality. The N4 is the opposite, the bass is there but not intrusive, and IMO better. I would prefer a tad more presence in the lows but this is my preference. The N4 is a lot more neutral, midrange is detailed and natural with a slight accent is the upper mids which works really well. One thing in contrast to the W3 i can happily say is that sibilance is nil. This is one of the most important things for me as i cannot stand sibilance / harsh highs. The highs on the N4 have all the detail yet are smooth, which make it really enjoyable to listen to. To my ears a great IEM!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back