Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 22, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #2,161 of 36,078

But what does the prices at the bottom mean, that's not right?! Or is it?
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #2,163 of 36,078

8C: Project87 has pretty much said everything about it. I agree with that 8C is a 8.a with lifted lower treble region. It's basically a upgraded version of my Noble 5. I wasn't overly impressed, so I didn't audition it for very long.

Not sure that really captures my impressions on the 8C. I mean, yes, the order probably goes Noble 5 -> 8.A -> 8C, but I don't really think the 8C is merely an 8.A with slight upgrade. As much as I enjoyed the 8.A, I find the 8C to be a whole new animal - for the better. 

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #2,164 of 36,078

Not sure that really captures my impressions on the 8C. I mean, yes, the order probably goes Noble 5 -> 8.A -> 8C, but I don't really think the 8C is merely an 8.A with slight upgrade. As much as I enjoyed the 8.A, I find the 8C to be a whole new animal - for the better. 

Thanks for the input. I need to spend more time on the 8C. But overall it's a brighter CIEM with lifted lower treble giving you that clear, spacious sound, like Noble 5. The mid isn't as full and forward as K10.

And sorry I spelled your name wrong. :wink:

Feb 22, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #2,166 of 36,078
  Converting it from $ to £, thats about right, just gotta factor in import costs.
I really need to start saving up to get me a pair.

you're correct on pricing, that's roughly the Dollar to Pound conversion.

You will not be hit for Customs charges in UK/Europe for the IEM range.... for CIEM purchases there is a little flexibility but you'll have to email me with model etc., hth.

Feb 23, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #2,168 of 36,078
The place is very hard to find :wink: Very noisy and crowded, so I tried my best to grab some useful information in 30 mins time.

K10: The overall signature is quite neutral. In this thread, K10's bass is always the most talked about. I was trying to find some useful info on how the mid and treble sound, but still couldn't till now. People have been saying that K10 has plenty mid/treble, it's not lacking in any area. :) Now I understand why, to my ears the mid and treble is really very very neutral/linear with a touch of warmth (not too much). So it's really not easy to assign them to a specific signature category.  Extensions on both side are decent too, not the highest in my CIEMs, but top class. The mid range is organic and clean, and the placement is correct too, but I wouldn't argue if someone says K10 has a slightly forward midrange. The coherency is simple great compared to the massively boosted bass and the "non-existing" upper mid/lower treble region of Heir 8.a. So overall the sound is still smooth, with just the right amount of sparkle in it. The imaging is accurate to my ears, soundstage isn't the largest, but the ratio of width and depth is close to 1. :)   Micro detail, transparency and resolution is nice too. I actually find the bass quite enjoyable, maybe because I listen to pop and hip hop a lot or maybe it's the tips I used. The impact and rumble is great. it can be slow on some songs, but overall it's such a great improvement over 8.a's. I can only assume the custom version will sound better.

K10 sounds very similar to the VE stage 2 demo I auditioned, which I thought was one of the few neutral/accurate and musical CIEMs I have ever heard. My wallet is not safe now..

8C: Project87 has pretty much said everything about it. I agree with that 8C is a 8.a with lifted lower treble region. It's basically a upgraded version of my Noble 5. I wasn't overly impressed, so I didn't audition it for very long.

These K10 impressions are great to hear. Thanks for sharing. I'm in a nervous lurch, waiting for mine to be finished, and hoping I'll enjoy the signature. Everything I read about the K10 (including this) seems to reinforce that it will be something I like! And a worthwhile upgrade from the 8.A.

I'm also hoping my design looks good, and not too boring. Just went for a simple woody. Nothing flashy or sparkly like so many showcased in this thread. The wait is rolling along....:)

Feb 23, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #2,169 of 36,078
These K10 impressions are great to hear. Thanks for sharing. I'm in a nervous lurch, waiting for mine to be finished, and hoping I'll enjoy the signature. Everything I read about the K10 (including this) seems to reinforce that it will be something I like! And a worthwhile upgrade from the 8.A.

I'm also hoping my design looks good, and not too boring. Just went for a simple woody. Nothing flashy or sparkly like so many showcased in this thread. The wait is rolling along....
smily_headphones1.gif

In the same boat, posted mine off 2 weeks ago.. It took me 3 months from purchase to actually post them off (dude to various issues with audiologists) and I wasn't really impatient at all then, but now the impressions are actually gone the wait is harder to bare
tongue.gif

Feb 23, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #2,171 of 36,078
After I get a new dap (probably Calyx M) I will be on hunt for a new ciem probably. Well, to be honest I think I will wait for another Noble Sale period and get K10. Many people I respect in here wrote wonderful things about it, I trust their opinion as well The Wizard's skills.

Feb 23, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #2,172 of 36,078
I'm also hoping my design looks good, and not too boring. Just went for a simple woody. Nothing flashy or sparkly like so many showcased in this thread. The wait is rolling along....
smily_headphones1.gif

A "simple" wood design still looks really nice! Understated and clean, there's nothing at all wrong with that choice. 

Feb 23, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #2,175 of 36,078
  The place is very hard to find :wink: Very noisy and crowded, so I tried my best to grab some useful information in 30 mins time.

K10: The overall signature is quite neutral. In this thread, K10's bass is always the most talked about. I was trying to find some useful info on how the mid and treble sound, but still couldn't till now. People have been saying that K10 has plenty mid/treble, it's not lacking in any area. :) Now I understand why, to my ears the mid and treble is really very very neutral/linear with a touch of warmth (not too much). So it's really not easy to assign them to a specific signature category.  Extensions on both side are decent too, not the highest in my CIEMs, but top class. The mid range is organic and clean, and the placement is correct too, but I wouldn't argue if someone says K10 has a slightly forward midrange. The coherency is simple great compared to the massively boosted bass and the "non-existing" upper mid/lower treble region of Heir 8.a. So overall the sound is still smooth, with just the right amount of sparkle in it. The imaging is accurate to my ears, soundstage isn't the largest, but the ratio of width and depth is close to 1. :)   Micro detail, transparency and resolution is nice too. I actually find the bass quite enjoyable, maybe because I listen to pop and hip hop a lot or maybe it's the tips I used. The impact and rumble is great. it can be slow on some songs, but overall it's such a great improvement over 8.a's. I can only assume the custom version will sound better.

K10 sounds very similar to the VE stage 2 demo I auditioned, which I thought was one of the few neutral/accurate and musical CIEMs I have ever heard. My wallet is not safe now..

Great impressions tupac, really makes me want to hear a pair of K10's myself. Considering I can't do customs though I guess it's probably a good thing there doesn't seem to be any demo's floating around Canada. :wink:

Any thoughts on how the K10 compares to the 1Plus2's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back