Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Aug 4, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #21,481 of 36,065
Hello, the stock cable of my K10 just died on me and I wanted to have some suggestions of decent and "cheap" cables under 250 euro, if possible made in Europe.

Or any other idea for replacement.

Thanks!

Forza AudioWorks, Toxic Cables, Audio Minor - all of these are from Europe and all of these offer nice cables.

Aug 4, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #21,482 of 36,065
Linun Music sings with the K10

Thanks for your suggestion.
I have been tempted by the sturdy aesthetics of Toxic cables but I'm definitely not a believer of high end cables. It makes it hard to justify shelling out hundreds just for the eyes. Money is not the issue, but I'd rather not spend irrationally.

Concerning TRRS termination, this is definitely something I have looked at closely, though it would make little sense for now as none of my devices could use it.

Furthermore, from what I gathered going balanced would mostly double the power (increase volume) and reduce noise. I am by no means an expert of course so this could be wrong. I listen to very moderate levels (72-78 dB) well below 10 am on low gain on my X5II, and I don't notice an ounce of noise.

On another topic, Eric from Effect Audio advised me going Ares II or Eros II. Any words on the company / these cables?

Aug 4, 2016 at 1:24 AM Post #21,483 of 36,065
Thanks for your suggestion.
I have been tempted by the sturdy aesthetics of Toxic cables but I'm definitely not a believer of high end cables. It makes it hard to justify shelling out hundreds just for the eyes. Money is not the issue, but I'd rather not spend irrationally.

Concerning TRRS termination, this is definitely something I have looked at closely, though it would make little sense for now as none of my devices could use it.

Furthermore, from what I gathered going balanced would mostly double the power (increase volume) and reduce noise. I am by no means an expert of course so this could be wrong. I listen to very moderate levels (72-78 dB) well below 10 am on low gain on my X5II, and I don't notice an ounce of noise.

On another topic, Eric from Effect Audio advised me going Ares II or Eros II. Any words on the company / these cables?

Good cables are not about look. If money are not an issue, than take Toxic Silver Poison. I had this one with my K10u and it is perfect match. From overseas I can highly recommend Vorpal from Norne Audio.

Aug 4, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #21,484 of 36,065
Linun Music sings with the K10

I a
A/B'ed the Music and the Bax when visiting Linum HQ:

The A/B switchbox

Dual-input universals to allow actual instant A/B with having to take out the iems, switch cables etc.
The two cables have different impedances and I can assure that they don't sound the same. I prefer the Bax, but I can easily see how the Music cable would win you over if lush vocals is your main objective.

Aug 4, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #21,486 of 36,065
I a
A/B'ed the Music and the Bax when visiting Linum HQ:

The A/B switchbox

Dual-input universals to allow actual instant A/B with having to take out the iems, switch cables etc.
The two cables have different impedances and I can assure that they don't sound the same. I prefer the Bax, but I can easily see how the Music cable would win you over if lush vocals is your main objective.

When it comes to the K10, the lush midrange is in fact my main objective.

The main reason why I kept the Music over the Bax was fatigue. The Bax were about as fatigueing as any other cable but the Music, especially when paired with the AK100ii, is freakishly un-fatiguing. Given that I listen to my K10s for over 10 hours a day, the difference became very apparent and soon grating. It has gotten to the point where I am more or less unable to use any other cables beside the Music because all other cables sound almost immediately glaring and harsh in comparison.

Aug 4, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #21,487 of 36,065
Hello, the stock cable of my K10 just died on me and I wanted to have some suggestions of decent and "cheap" cables under 250 euro, if possible made in Europe.

Or any other idea for replacement.

Thanks!

I can vouch for Toxic Cables. I have a couple of Black Widows and a Virus Hybrid with me, and the K10 sounds fantastic with them. Besides, Toxic's build quality is superb - you can be assured that you're getting a high quality product. 
smile.gif

Aug 4, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #21,488 of 36,065

I can vouch for Toxic Cables. I have a couple of Black Widows and a Virus Hybrid with me, and the K10 sounds fantastic with them. Besides, Toxic's build quality is superb - you can be assured that you're getting a high quality product. 
smile.gif

I second Toxic, but for under 250 euros, I would go for Linum instead.

Aug 4, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #21,489 of 36,065
Thanks everybody and an even warmer thanks to Brannan who kindly proposed to replace the stock cable. Love Noble customer service :)

I will keep in mind everybody's suggestions and will most likely grab one of the main 4 suggested cables for Christmas.

Again, thank you all.

Aug 4, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #21,490 of 36,065
Hi all :), I've been lurking on this forum for some time and only created an account recently.I

got my Noble Trident C 2 weeks ago. It's my first true custom so I was really excited but it turned out to be not quite as I expected. The trebles are harsh and there's a lot of sibilance and hissing. I did some digging online but I'm not quite sure what caused this and even though the Trident is supposed to have a V-shape sound, it's hard to believe that it was meant to sound like this. I've been listening to it everyday for 2 weeks hoping I'll get used to the sound eventually but nope. Does anyone know what might causing the sibilance and how I might fix it?

For context, I used to have a pair of reshelled UE TF10, and have been using UE 900S. My DAPs are FiiO X3ii and Shanling M2. The problems I mentioned above are especially bad with the M2, plus the high noise floor, apparently because of its high impedance(?) But I'm not sure.

Any replies are much appreciated!

Aug 4, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #21,491 of 36,065
Hi all
smily_headphones1.gif
, I've been lurking on this forum for some time and only created an account recently.I

got my Noble Trident C 2 weeks ago. It's my first true custom so I was really excited but it turned out to be not quite as I expected. The trebles are harsh and there's a lot of sibilance and hissing. I did some digging online but I'm not quite sure what caused this and even though the Trident is supposed to have a V-shape sound, it's hard to believe that it was meant to sound like this. I've been listening to it everyday for 2 weeks hoping I'll get used to the sound eventually but nope. Does anyone know what might causing the sibilance and how I might fix it?

For context, I used to have a pair of reshelled UE TF10, and have been using UE 900S. My DAPs are FiiO X3ii and Shanling M2. The problems I mentioned above are especially bad with the M2, plus the high noise floor, apparently because of its high impedance(?) But I'm not sure.

Mess around with EQ. Its free and non destructive. Taking off some of the high end might help. 

Aug 4, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #21,492 of 36,065
Hi all
smily_headphones1.gif
, I've been lurking on this forum for some time and only created an account recently.I

Are the wires correctly connected?

Aug 4, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #21,493 of 36,065
Hi all
smily_headphones1.gif

It depends a lot on your ear canal shape and the insertion depth of your customs. Sometimes the combination of these 2 factors will cause a treble peak to be present at the sibilance causing region. It doesn't help that the Trident is already tuned to have boosted treble. A quick solution would be to use EQ to tone down the highs a bit. 

For what its worth, I found the Trident universal rather harsh and peaky as well. 

Aug 5, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #21,494 of 36,065
I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a good hard case for my Noble K10 Customs. I find the Pelican 1010 is a bit too big with all the clip on points taking up space needlessly, also the rectangular shape makes fitting in my Toxic SW22 a bit of a pain as you have to squish it into a shape the cable doesn't want to be in.

The UE Round Case looks good but is sadly not available in the UK but something along those lines preferably with less company branding and decent padding on the inside would be great. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Aug 5, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #21,495 of 36,065
I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a good hard case for my Noble K10 Customs. I find the Pelican 1010 is a bit too big with all the clip on points taking up space needlessly, also the rectangular shape makes fitting in my Toxic SW22 a bit of a pain as you have to squish it into a shape the cable doesn't want to be in.

The UE Round Case looks good but is sadly not available in the UK but something along those lines preferably with less company branding and decent padding on the inside would be great. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I really like this, but its not necessarily the hard case like a Pelican.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01AED3H70/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back