Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jul 22, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #21,287 of 36,065
Well I have the Cayin C5 for bass and I think it surpasses the Samsung or almost any other portable amps on the market in terms of bass - still, driven with the C5, the K10 is not even close to the big boyz in bass like XB90Ex, Ex800ST and ASG 2.5.  In fact the difference is even bigger when the Ex800ST is properly amped. The bass is just crazy - not only in quantity, but also in the quality, the layering and the depth of the bass.

I also have the Layla and the good thing about it is I can adjust the bass. When Layla's bass knob is adjusted all the way clockwise, the bass rivals or is even better than many dynamic driver IEMs, except the ones mentioned above. An all-round high end bass heavy IEM is what we need from Noble Audio. Better yet, do a bass impedance controller  like the Layla and we are ready to rock, in style - although I like the sound of the Layla more, its design is simply no match to any of the Wizard K10s. A true gem to behold, and aesthetically - the best of the best of the best.

Jul 22, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #21,289 of 36,065
Only on head-fi will you hear a $3499 player puts out less bass than a phone.
but how much control is there? Having had the S6 and S7 edge phones I can say that what there is is thick and syrupy, does that constitute more or better?

Beauty is in the ear of the beholder.

Jul 22, 2016 at 2:27 AM Post #21,290 of 36,065
but how much control is there? Having had the S6 and S7 edge phones I can say that what there is is thick and syrupy, does that constitute more or better?

Beauty is in the ear of the beholder.

I don't know, I have the S6 but have only listened to it to see if it sounded better than my S4, which is surely does, to me.

Jul 22, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #21,291 of 36,065

I don't know, I have the S6 but have only listened to it to see if it sounded better than my S4, which is surely does, to me.

I heard good things about the Samsung Galaxy S (a.k.a. Galaxy S1) with Voodoo plugin. Not sure if anything similar came out for the other Galaxy S phones since then. 

Jul 22, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #21,292 of 36,065

I heard good things about the Samsung Galaxy S (a.k.a. Galaxy S1) with Voodoo plugin. Not sure if anything similar came out for the other Galaxy S phones since then. 

I only used the installed music app, but once again, it wasn't enough to really give any solid opinions.

Jul 22, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #21,298 of 36,065
I plan to review these myself, I hate posting first impressions but so far they're good. Is it supposed to be this hard to change cables? I feel like I'm going to bend or break the 2 pins.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back