Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jul 23, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #21,316 of 36,040
It's ok, I am not convinced you old guys are up on the latest in fashion anyways. 
wink.gif

Despite his retort, I'm sure you must have stung Wata a little with that comment. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 23, 2016 at 5:18 AM Post #21,317 of 36,040
I plan to review these myself, I hate posting first impressions but so far they're good. Is it supposed to be this hard to change cables? I feel like I'm going to bend or break the 2 pins.

Completely agree that first impressions are fairly pointless. I'll be interested to read how you feel about them when you have spent time listening.

Jul 23, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #21,320 of 36,040
Jul 23, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #21,322 of 36,040
Jul 23, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #21,323 of 36,040
Jul 23, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #21,324 of 36,040
I'll post a quick impression if you want. But i can't guarantee it'll be readable as it's 3am at the moment and I'm half asleep.

So the Noble Savanna with SpinFit ear tips and standard cable. IMHO One of the finest Universal iems I have heard EVER. Well at least so far.

Wide and fairly high soundstage with a decent amount of air between instruments.

Compared to the Noble 4 (Gen 1) and Savant (Gen 1). More bass is present and in some songs the bass impact is just shy of the Savant with just a little loss in bass clarity.

The Noble 4 did seem to have a peak in the treble which occasionally made the N4 a bit edgy but this seems to have been smoothed out. Vocals are also fantastic.

I personally am very very very very happy with them. And quite frankly I have officially given up buying any iem at all. For me it's the Savanna that's my perfect iem.

Oh man, I felt the Savant Wizard( that I owned for a year then sold) was lacking in sub-bass and over all impact/solidity. I am a bass head in the sense that I love high quality bass not quantity. I felt that the Savant had a nice presence in the mid-bass that didn't interfere with the lower mids but just didn't have that lightning fast kick to it.

So it saddens me to read that the Savanna has less bass impact then the Savant (1st gen).

I feel that the CA Nova has phenomenal bass quality and speed. Vocals are very holographic and never sibilant.The Savant can be slightly sibilant at times. Still, the treble is where the Savants come out ahead for me. The Savants 1st Gen have a nicely extended treble response with s soft roll off. The Novas have a more pronounced roll off (but less so when compared to the Cardas EM5813).

I am looking forward to more impressions of the Katana. I am particularly sensitive to peaky treble so I hope that the Katana is able to offer oodles of detail while avoiding the peaky treble presentation. My Campfire Audio Andromeda accomplishes detail without fatigue so it checks all the boxes for me even though it has a warmer tuning overall. I would only consider the Katana if it were found to be detailed while avoiding peaks in the bass or treble. Time will tell.....

Jul 23, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #21,326 of 36,040
The Savant is the Savant, there isn't a 2nd gen. It was not re-tuned along with the rest of the classic line.

Well, I personally feel that the aluminum shells(better dampening?) and longer nozzles could ultimately cause a small change in sound. I'll never know though as I don't think I'll be buying one again.

Jul 24, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #21,329 of 36,040
I'll post a quick impression if you want. But i can't guarantee it'll be readable as it's 3am at the moment and I'm half asleep.

So the Noble Savanna with SpinFit ear tips and standard cable. IMHO One of the finest Universal iems I have heard EVER. Well at least so far.

Wide and fairly high soundstage with a decent amount of air between instruments.

Compared to the Noble 4 (Gen 1) and Savant (Gen 1). More bass is present and in some songs the bass impact is just shy of the Savant with just a little loss in bass clarity.

The Noble 4 did seem to have a peak in the treble which occasionally made the N4 a bit edgy but this seems to have been smoothed out. Vocals are also fantastic.

I personally am very very very very happy with them. And quite frankly I have officially given up buying any iem at all. For me it's the Savanna that's my perfect iem.

Oh man, I felt the Savant Wizard( that I owned for a year then sold) was lacking in sub-bass and over all impact/solidity. I am a bass head in the sense that I love high quality bass not quantity. I felt that the Savant had a nice presence in the mid-bass that didn't interfere with the lower mids but just didn't have that lightning fast kick to it.

So it saddens me to read that the Savanna has less bass impact then the Savant (1st gen).

I feel that the CA Nova has phenomenal bass quality and speed. Vocals are very holographic and never sibilant.The Savant can be slightly sibilant at times. Still, the treble is where the Savants come out ahead for me. The Savants 1st Gen have a nicely extended treble response with s soft roll off. The Novas have a more pronounced roll off (but less so when compared to the Cardas EM5813).

I am looking forward to more impressions of the Katana. I am particularly sensitive to peaky treble so I hope that the Katana is able to offer oodles of detail while avoiding the peaky treble presentation. My Campfire Audio Andromeda accomplishes detail without fatigue so it checks all the boxes for me even though it has a warmer tuning overall. I would only consider the Katana if it were found to be detailed while avoiding peaks in the bass or treble. Time will tell.....

Savanna is not a bass head iem and hadn't been advertised as such. So I don't know why you would be looking at the Savanna. Dulce and Trident would be your best bets.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Jul 24, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #21,330 of 36,040
Well, I personally feel that the aluminum shells(better dampening?) and longer nozzles could ultimately cause a small change in sound. I'll never know though as I don't think I'll be buying one again.

The Savants and the Savannah are housed in an ABS plastic bottom, with aluminum caps.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back