Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 9, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #18,751 of 36,078
  I ruined a coworker's day today.

He'd heard that I was really into headphones, so he brought his Bose Quietcomfort 25 to work and was SO excited. He loved those headphones and wanted to share how magical and wonderful they were, so he wanted me to try them...

"Sure", I said, "But only if you try these first". And then I handed him my Noble Savants, plugged them into my AK240 and fired up "God Loves Only You" from Skunk Anansie's Acoustic Live In London album.

My coworker now hates his Bose Quietcomfort 25. 

Not fair, unless he uses a Monster Cable with the Bose, he is missing out on all the glory they can produce.

Mar 9, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #18,752 of 36,078
I ruined a coworker's day today.

He'd heard that I was really into headphones, so he brought his Bose Quietcomfort 25 to work and was SO excited. He loved those headphones and wanted to share how magical and wonderful they were, so he wanted me to try them...

"Sure", I said, "But only if you try these first". And then I handed him my Noble Savants, plugged them into my AK240 and fired up "God Loves Only You" from Skunk Anansie's Acoustic Live In London album.

My coworker now hates his Bose Quietcomfort 25. 

Had a similar experience with my brother a while back with my Fiio X1 and my RHA 750i.

Usually he's always looked down on my audio purchases and has refused to believe that one man should own more than one set of headphones and that those headphones should cost more than £30 but one day during the rare times the family were eating dinner together at the same table he picked up the 750i which I had placed next to me on the table

He tried to put them in first by just pushing them in so I showed how to insert them properly and once they were fitted right he got more attentive and spent most of the time listening to his iPod.

I haven't seen them since so he must like them and occasionally I have caught him searching for my other in ears. Have those in a safe place though.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Mar 9, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #18,753 of 36,078
Not to be repetitive or too newbie... can anyone tell me now that I've sent my impressions to Santa Barbara, will I get any correspondence? Or will they first email me when the ciem's are finished for approval?

I did get USPS notice that my package was received in Santa Barbara.

Thanks,

Claus

Mar 9, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #18,754 of 36,078
Not to be repetitive or too newbie... can anyone tell me now that I've sent my impressions to Santa Barbara, will I get any correspondence? Or will they first email me when the ciem's are finished for approval?

I did get USPS notice that my package was received in Santa Barbara.

Thanks,

Claus

You should get an email from Sunny at the lab when they receive your impressions.

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #18,756 of 36,078
I would probably recommend the Noble 3 for you but there has been a few people who have said the 3 occasionally has sibilant highs. Never heard them myself.

Savant does have good bass extension but may not have as much impact as you like.

The only other one could be the Noble 5. I don't own and I haven't heard those but based on reviews they seem to have good bass extension.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

If you are interested in Noble, their website has descriptions of their products. Which are accurate AFAIK.

I actually tried the K10U for a brief period of time and enjoyed them. Was wondering if there are any other IEMs from Noble which are better suited for Techno/electronica. Have gone through their website but beyond the N5 the descriptions don't seem as direct. 

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #18,757 of 36,078

I actually tried the K10U for a brief period of time and enjoyed them. Was wondering if there are any other IEMs from Noble which are better suited for Techno/electronica. Have gone through their website but beyond the N5 the descriptions don't seem as direct. 

The K10 are so well rounded, if the budget allows, they will always be my choice.

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #18,758 of 36,078
Anyone have good recommendations for a good portable DAC/Amp for the K10s that isn't the Geek Out V2?

Listen to mostly rap/hip-hop/edm

Thanks!

Mar 9, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #18,760 of 36,078
+1 for the Mojo. While I don't have one, since I use my QP1R DAP, I have heard nothing but absolutely fantastic things. If I didn't own a badass source, I would have bought that.

Mar 9, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #18,763 of 36,078
Mojo Mojo Mojo!

Mar 9, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #18,764 of 36,078
Sounds like a resounding Mojo haha, going to be using from a mix of 10% iPhone and 90% Macbook Pro when out and about hence wanting a DAC/Amp instead of DAP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back