Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 8, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #18,736 of 36,071
  Quote:
http://nobleaudio.com/en/shop/universal/

Perhaps the most subjectively balanced in-ear monitor Dr. John has designed thus far, Savant is a detail-oriented IEM with a solid low-end and clean highs. Savant is an expert at playing a large variety of genres well, making it a versatile addition to any collection or standalone piece.

My wife has my K10 UA (black/rose gold) with her and due to that I had to use my Savants tonight.  It has been a nice reminder of what they can do.

I'm not saying that Savant is superior to K10UA, they both have their similarities and differences and I find K10UA suiting better a crowd who wants a crispier and more analytical sound quality with a nice low end impact and sub-bass extension (I actually find K10UA to be slightly v-shaped while Savant is smoother and more balanced), BUT after listening to both I have a whole NEW level of appreciation for Savant and the tuning of its dual driver config
beerchug.gif

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #18,743 of 36,071
I'm in the market to try to get hold of some decent universals. Which one would work best for techno/electronic music? I hate sibilant highs and need good lower end extension.

Mar 9, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #18,744 of 36,071
I'm in the market to try to get hold of some decent universals. Which one would work best for techno/electronic music? I hate sibilant highs and need good lower end extension.

I would probably recommend the Noble 3 for you but there has been a few people who have said the 3 occasionally has sibilant highs. Never heard them myself.

Savant does have good bass extension but may not have as much impact as you like.

The only other one could be the Noble 5. I don't own and I haven't heard those but based on reviews they seem to have good bass extension.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Mar 9, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #18,746 of 36,071

If you are interested in Noble, their website has descriptions of their products. Which are accurate AFAIK.

Mar 9, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #18,747 of 36,071
I ruined a coworker's day today.

He'd heard that I was really into headphones, so he brought his Bose Quietcomfort 25 to work and was SO excited. He loved those headphones and wanted to share how magical and wonderful they were, so he wanted me to try them...

"Sure", I said, "But only if you try these first". And then I handed him my Noble Savants, plugged them into my AK240 and fired up "God Loves Only You" from Skunk Anansie's Acoustic Live In London album.

My coworker now hates his Bose Quietcomfort 25. 

Mar 9, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #18,748 of 36,071

He'd heard that I was really into headphones, so he brought his Bose Quietcomfort 25 to work and was SO excited. He loved those headphones and wanted to share how magical and wonderful they were, so he wanted me to try them...

"Sure", I said, "But only if you try these first". And then I handed him my Noble Savants, plugged them into my AK240 and fired up "God Loves Only You" from Skunk Anansie's Acoustic Live In London album.

evil_smiley.gif
 .  Next invite him to Head-Fi so he can redeem himself.

Mar 9, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #18,750 of 36,071

Your a bad man. :sunglasses:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back