Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 11, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #18,001 of 36,071
It is wonderful how the K10s play across all sources. After a few days of listening with Chord Mojo, I had to switch back to directly to the iPhone 6S Plus when the Mojo battery died. I was surprised at how awesome the sound was straight out of the iphone playing spotify downloaded 320Kbps music. I remember switching previously from the iPhone to the Mojo and it did sound clearer, however switching back I am not so sure. Maybe just a different sound sig. coming out of the iPhone, fuller punchier bass. All I know is that the K10Us are pumping with every genre on the iPhone 6S PLUS! :)

I cannot hear any difference between HO of 6S and Mojo or Hugo. I'm quite prepared to accept that it is my hearing but I suggest that the difference is not worth carrying an extra device and that horrible CCK arrangement.

Feb 11, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #18,002 of 36,071
I cannot hear any difference between HO of 6S and Mojo or Hugo. I'm quite prepared to accept that it is my hearing but I suggest that the difference is not worth carrying an extra device and that horrible CCK arrangement.

If I'm not being rude, may I ask how old you are? Simply because I've heard nothing but rave reviews and comparisons of the Mojo so far, so much that it's one of the top things in my 'must try/buy' ( >. < ) list at Canjam next week. A bit of perspective would really help to temper expectation, and the bias that may result.

Welcome Christina. It's how this place works! ( not singling out Echineko).
My advice is enjoy what you have.
IME. Nothing will upgrade your enjoyment as much as the K10's have.
Any differences between DAP's,DAC's and Amp's are small compared to differences between headphones.
At least try to audition before you buy.
Reviews on here rarely seem to take into account the excitement of a new purchase. Expectation bias, placebo and old fashioned vivid imagination!
The only reason I would suggest changing a DAP that you like is to get something that will access a streaming service, with offline storage.
The way to enjoy music in the 21st Century IMHO.
Enjoy your music!

Lulz, cheers for that krismusic, but I'm very sure she's just kidding
tongue.gif
 And I agree on the streaming front, at least with the portable setup. At home, with a comfortable listening area, that's where you'd want your best over-ear/open headphones, desktop rig and high-quality masters.

Plus the new streaming services (my personal fave being Tidal Hifi) make music discovery/exploration a cinch, without having to purchase an entire album.The advantage of that I feel is sometimes lost in the hoopla over "only high-quality masters are good enough" etc, etc. I'm always using the drive to work, the store etc to stream new stuff I've been curious about.

Edited for clarity.

Feb 11, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #18,003 of 36,071
If I'm not being rude, may I ask how old you are? Simply because I've heard nothing but rave reviews and comparisons of the Mojo so far, so much that it's one of the top things in my 'must try/buy' ( >. < ) list at Canjam next week. A bit of perspective would really help to temper expectation, and the bias that may result.

Lulz, cheers for that krismusic, but I'm very sure she's just kidding :p  And I agree on the streaming front, at least with the portable setup. At home, with a comfortable listening area, that's where you'd want your best over-ear/open headphones, desktop rig and high-quality masters.

Plus the new streaming services (my personal fave being Tidal Hifi) make music discovery/exploration a cinch, without having to purchase an entire album.The advantage of that I feel is sometimes lost in the hoopla over "only high-quality masters are good enough" etc, etc. I'm always using the drive to work, the store etc to stream new stuff I've been curious about.

Edited for clarity.

Hi mate. Not rude at all. A very fair point. I'm sixty next month and have slight tinnitus.
Recently I did very well in a couple of different hearing tests that I had but I don't entirely trust my hearing.
I blind tested Hugo at Canjam UK with a couple of friends. Using Sennheiser HD600's. I also used my K10's.
Admittedly it was only one track that we used and in a meet environment but none of us could tell the difference.
I do wonder if it was reverse expectation bias as I really didn't want to spend £1000 on a brick!
A couple of weeks ago, at a fantastic show in London, I had quite a long listen to the Mojo with my K10's.
I was swapping between the HO of the 6S and the Mojo with CCK.
At one point I thought that I heard a definite improvement, only to realise that I had confused myself and was listening to the phone HO!
I remain interested in the Mojo and would love to spend a bit of time on my own listening to it. I have the very generous offer of a loan from a HiFi retailer, or I could buy of Amazon and return if I don't need it.
The fact that the Mojo needs the CCK to work with the iPhone really puts me off though.
I do nearly all my listening on the move and have neglected my home rig. Maybe as I slip into my dotage I shall look at that again. :wink:
Until then I'm with you on Tidal. Fantastic. Good enough to replace physical media IMHO.
Enjoy Canjam and checking out the Mojo. My advice? Proceed with caution! :)
All the very best. Kris

Feb 11, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #18,004 of 36,071
Hi mate. Not rude at all. A very fair point. I'm sixty next month and have slight tinnitus.
Recently I did very well in a couple of different hearing tests that I had but I don't entirely trust my hearing.
I blind tested Hugo at Canjam UK with a couple of friends. Using Sennheiser HD600's. I also used my K10's.
Admittedly it was only one track that we used and in a meet environment but none of us could tell the difference.
I do wonder if it was reverse expectation bias as I really didn't want to spend £1000 on a brick!
A couple of weeks ago, at a fantastic show in London, I had quite a long listen to the Mojo with my K10's.
I was swapping between the HO of the 6S and the Mojo with CCK.
At one point I thought that I heard a definite improvement, only to realise that I had confused myself and was listening to the phone HO!
I remain interested in the Mojo and would love to spend a bit of time on my own listening to it. I have the very generous offer of a loan from a HiFi retailer, or I could buy of Amazon and return if I don't need it.
The fact that the Mojo needs the CCK to work with the iPhone really puts me off though.
I do nearly all my listening on the move and have neglected my home rig. Maybe as I slip into my dotage I shall look at that again. :wink:
Until then I'm with you on Tidal. Fantastic. Good enough to replace physical media IMHO.
Enjoy Canjam and checking out the Mojo. My advice? Proceed with caution! :)
All the very best. Kris

I'm very resistant to hype, and usually only commit my cash after being satisfied with my testing. Hence wanting to see (and hear) for myself. And I'll try to be careful, but I can already imagine all sorts of temptations on the show floor, heh.

Feb 11, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #18,005 of 36,071
I've never tried the Mojo, but I'm really surprised that you (Kris) didn't notice any difference from an iPhone S6 and a Hugo
blink.gif

I went to an audiologist 4 weeks ago (because I chose to go the custom route for a change) and had my hearing checked while I was there. It came out as pretty damn good, but you also mentioned that you did very well in such a test...

When I listen to my Hugo, it's connected to a DX90 (coaxial) or a Cowon P1 (optical) and I can absolutely hear a difference in sq (with all my hps and iems => they really scale up) compared to these stand alone daps. If the S6 sounds just as good as these 2 stacks (my phone's a Samsung Note 3, which doesn't even come close in sq imo), then I really have to get one myself one of these days
rolleyes.gif

Btw, if I shouldn't hear much of a difference in sq, then I already would have sold my Hugo months ago, as I surely would never waste so much money on a thing when I can't even notice the difference in the first place...

@echineko to test before buying is always the wise thing to do!
Are you taking your wallet with you to that show floor?
wink.gif

Feb 11, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #18,006 of 36,071
I'm done with stacking, so I'm trying to decide on an AK here 
biggrin.gif

The 240 has a slight edge with DSD, but I've only just received it, so not a lot of testing done yet. Will report back.

If I was into stacking, I might be looking at the new Pioneer DAP plus a Chord Mojo. The Pioneer doesn't have lineout or optical out, but it's Android 5.1 and the Mojo can take USB audio in from Android. That would get me a solidly built DAP with dual microSD slots for up to 400gb of storage, plus full Google Play support with Spotify, Tidal, etc...

Feb 11, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #18,007 of 36,071
It is wonderful how the K10s play across all sources. After a few days of listening with Chord Mojo, I had to switch back to directly to the iPhone 6S Plus when the Mojo battery died. I was surprised at how awesome the sound was straight out of the iphone playing spotify downloaded 320Kbps music. I remember switching previously from the iPhone to the Mojo and it did sound clearer, however switching back I am not so sure. Maybe just a different sound sig. coming out of the iPhone, fuller punchier bass. All I know is that the K10Us are pumping with every genre on the iPhone 6S PLUS!
smily_headphones1.gif

I've got old ears, but IMO there are different sound signatures depending on the DAP.  Not necessarily better or worse, just slight nuances in treble or bass clarity and presentation of the mids.  I've so far used my K10's with the AK100, iPod 5.5, iPod 7th gen., iPad, iPhone 5s, Sony ZX1, Dragonfly, and Hugo.  Frankly, they all sounded great with K10.

Feb 11, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #18,009 of 36,071
That might be the best course of action, but somehow I have a feeling my credit card will find a way to sneak in with me
tongue.gif

It's not the sneaking into the venue with you, but the sneaking out of the wallet when you're there that will kill you. 
wink_face.gif

Feb 11, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #18,010 of 36,071
That might be the best course of action, but somehow I have a feeling my credit card will find a way to sneak in with me
tongue.gif

Ah well, you can always try to find an extra job afterwards
biggrin.gif

500x_ben-hur_sea.jpg

Feb 11, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #18,011 of 36,071

I've got old ears, but IMO there are different sound signatures depending on the DAP.  Not necessarily better or worse, just slight nuances in treble or bass clarity and presentation of the mids.  I've so far used my K10's with the AK100, iPod 5.5, iPod 7th gen., iPad, iPhone 5s, Sony ZX1, Dragonfly, and Hugo.  Frankly, they all sounded great with K10.

I've used the K10 with my laptop HO, the Chord Hugo and pretty much everything in between. I'm pretty sure Dr. M sold his soul to make them sound great no matter how you drive them. They'll keep my head boppin' and my feet tappin' right out of my laptop and then just keep scaling as I improve the audio chain. Damn impressive work!

Feb 11, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #18,012 of 36,071
  I've used the K10 with my laptop HO, the Chord Hugo and pretty much everything in between. I'm pretty sure Dr. M sold his soul to make them sound great no matter how you drive them. They'll keep my head boppin' and my feet tappin' right out of my laptop and then just keep scaling as I improve the audio chain. Damn impressive work!

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Feb 11, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #18,013 of 36,071
Noble 6 just popped up on MassDrop for as low as $689.99.  That's an absolute steal if it's legit.

Feb 11, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #18,015 of 36,071
  Noble 6 just popped up on MassDrop for as low as $689.99.  That's an absolute steal if it's legit.

Doc, please clarify if Noble will warranty this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back