Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 10, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #17,971 of 36,078

I have seen people snag a 100II for $420 USD, that beat my deal at $550. So you could grab one of them used, sell the Jr and not take a huge hit in the value. Now the Jr is not one I have tested, but the 100II 120II and 240 are, each one was a slight step up in SQ. The 320 would be my upgrade if I decided to upgrade, since it uses the same DAC as their top of the line 380.

Or you know, leave those price-gouging, sale-cancelling jokers behind and actually get your money's worth elsewhere? Just sayin... 
tongue.gif

Feb 10, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #17,973 of 36,078
Pioneer was added to CanJam Socal, I wonder if they will bring their new DAP. Is it even out yet? I know the Onkyo is, but haven't been checking on Pioneer and I quit reading the Onkyo thread since I now have my AK.

Tried the pioneer. But the DP-X1 to me sounds better. Even on single ended mode.

Feb 10, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #17,974 of 36,078
Christina - Welcome to the gang!

After hearing most of the top DAPs my go-to portable system is an old AK100 stacked with a Chord Mojo using a Sys Concept optical cable. For ~$1K I have a SQ that IMO meets/beats DAPs that cost 3-5x that much. Never had better portable sound from my K10's. Cheers

Feb 10, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #17,975 of 36,078
Christina - Welcome to the gang!

After hearing most of the top DAPs my go-to portable system is an old AK100 stacked with a Chord Mojo using a Sys Concept optical cable. For ~$1K I have a SQ that IMO meets/beats DAPs that cost 3-5x that much. Never had better portable sound from my K10's. Cheers

Boy, I'm really looking forward to trying/getting the Mojo, next week. But gotta admit it's not an elegant solution, since you're still stacking. Now what we need is a Mojo-derived DAP from Chord 
tongue.gif

Feb 10, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #17,976 of 36,078
Boy, I'm really looking forward to trying/getting the Mojo, next week. But gotta admit it's not an elegant solution, since you're still stacking. Now what we need is a Mojo-derived DAP from Chord :p
With the first generation AK and the sys concept cables you can't go wrong.

Feb 10, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #17,979 of 36,078
Boy, I'm really looking forward to trying/getting the Mojo, next week. But gotta admit it's not an elegant solution, since you're still stacking. Now what we need is a Mojo-derived DAP from Chord :p

It's in the works! (or at least a module for the Mojo that has an SD card slot and screen and some type of UI). John Frank's has been talking about it recently in the Mojo thread.

And while the stack option might not be all that elegant or aesthetically pleasing to some, it's really easy to handle. It's small but thick versus larger and skinny (like your Jr.) and fits easily in my hand.

Cheers

Feb 10, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #17,980 of 36,078
That's for you!! Lol

Oh, haha! Nah bro, never buying into AK's hype machine, the fact is their gear just doesn't justify the price, at least anything above the AK Jr. I could get the same or better elsewhere, and put the cash to better use.

It's in the works! (or at least a module for the Mojo that has an SD card slot and screen and some type of UI). John Frank's has been talking about it recently in the Mojo thread.

And while the stack option might not be all that elegant or aesthetically pleasing to some, it's really easy to handle. It's small but thick versus larger and skinny (like your Jr.) and fits easily in my hand.

Cheers

Not surprised in the least, all the acclaim the Mojo has been getting, that's the next logical step. If they can do even half as decent a job on the DAP part, it should be pretty special indeed. And as above, not an AK guy, currently have a Sony ZX2. If I like the Mojo as much as some do, might sell the ZX2 and go for a cheaper transport.

Feb 10, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #17,983 of 36,078
Looks just awesome! But I heard the A12 from 1964 is better overall

The A12's are awesome, but to my ear the K10's are super-awesome. To each his (or her) own. Cheers

Feb 10, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #17,985 of 36,078
Oh, haha! Nah bro, never buying into AK's hype machine, the fact is their gear just doesn't justify the price, at least anything above the AK Jr. I could get the same or better elsewhere, and put the cash to better use.
Not surprised in the least, all the acclaim the Mojo has been getting, that's the next logical step. If they can do even half as decent a job on the DAP part, it should be pretty special indeed. And as above, not an AK guy, currently have a Sony ZX2. If I like the Mojo as much as some do, might sell the ZX2 and go for a cheaper transport.

I have to disagree kinda. The 100II on the used market gives awesome sound for what you can buy them for. People have spent way more on other brands than that. But the higher end AK players, heck yes over priced. BUT, they are a business so I cant fault them for charging a price if they indeed get it. The buyers determine the true price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back