NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Nov 15, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #766 of 4,971
Subscribing to find out when the Vali goes live on the Schiit site..... You know, so I can read the FAQ on what the heck 'Vali' is from Norse mythology (at least, it's more interesting than the wiki articles)

Vali seems like it will be a great amp to compliment the Magni+Modi stack to give a SS/tube option. I think we can call the Vali+Magni+Modi combo the "Schiit Tower".

Also, rumor has it that Vali pairs nicely with Paradox headphones, which is super convenient since LFF will be shipping my new Paradox headphones any day now! 
biggrin.gif

*fingers crossed*

A couple of questions come to mind:

1) How hot will the Vali run? Where in the Schiit tower does it go? Otherwise, I will have to build a little Schiitstand or something

2) Is it too late to put the Vali in a cylindrical chassis like the Mac Pro? It would greatly simplify tube-rolling.... *sarcasm*

I look forward to expanding my Schiit pile!
Cheers!

Nov 15, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #767 of 4,971
A couple of questions come to mind:

2) Is it too late to put the Vali in a cylindrical chassis like the Mac Pro? It would greatly simplify tube-rolling.... *sarcasm*

The official position is that there is no tube rolling on the Vali.

Whether that stops anyone from trying, remains to be seen.

Nov 15, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #769 of 4,971
This is a bit offtopic, but I'm thinking about visiting the states for a couple of weeks next summer/autumn, east coast to be more specific. Are there any places I could buy Schiit products with europlugs and voltage options in NYC or Boston? I would save a ton of money by skipping international shipping + VAT.

Nov 15, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #772 of 4,971
  Doesn't it have a wall wart?  You could just buy the appropriate power supply when you return to Finland, earplug and all.  Not sure if that would blow the savings... 

If it's like Magni, it would use an AC/AC wall wart, which are a bit harder to come by...

Cheers

Nov 15, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #776 of 4,971

I do keep hearing about the Mjolnir with the Audezes, and it's one of the front runners for the amps I'm looking at (among numerous others). My only hesitation is that I'll have to either buy a balanced DAC or remove my XDA-2 from my speaker setup, but this conversation is for another thread at a later time.

Mjolnir has both balanced and unbalanced inputs, it's just the outputs that are all balanced.

Nov 15, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #779 of 4,971

And I'm guessing it would have to go on the top of the stack...... the Magni already got the air around it toasty after a while running, I'd imagine this'll get MUCH hotter.

FWIW, I don't think the Vali got MUCH hotter.  Not NEARLY as hot as a Lyr.  I had my Trinity stacked Modi on the bottom, Magni in the middle and Vali on top and the whole stack ran reasonably cool.

Sadly, my Modi and Magi are lonely…Vali went home. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back