NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Oct 9, 2013 at 4:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4,971

LFF

Co-Organizer for Can Jam '09
Member of the Trade: Paradox
Well...the cat is out of the bag!!

Quote from Purrin:
 So what is the Vali? It is their new TOTL hybrid amp which was kept secret for past nine months of development? It may as well be. It is in fact a tiny little hybrid, running miniature triodes tube for the gain stage and a solid-state output stage (I presume similar to the Magni's). How does it sound?

Fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. Holy Schiit fantastic. This is tubes done right. We are talking about expansive soundstage, tube clarity, tube microdynamics, tube microdetail, tube dynamics and slam. (Yes, all the things which folks who haven't heard good tube amps don't think tubes sound like.) The first time I heard this, I almost pee'd in my pants. An amp this cheap shouldn't sound this good.

The initial review is that it's "the best amp under $1650.00!!!" from another old member I really trust.  The best thing is...it's only $120.00!!!!

It's definitely nice to see a company push the envelope in terms of performance AND price. Hat's off the people at Schiit. This is definitely going on my list of
"New Things To Try"!

Anyone else have any impressions or demo units?!

Oct 9, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #3 of 4,971
  I was just reading the release about this thing!  Looks VERY promising!  Insert Schitt joke here!  

The few guys I know who heard it say it's something special.

Same here. From everything I read, it looks to be extremely promising, especially because the people who are raving about it actually have good ears. Might have to drive on down to Purrin's place to listen to it soon.

Oct 9, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #4 of 4,971
Jude...any input on this amp?

Does anyone know if Mike Mercer has one for review?

Oct 9, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #5 of 4,971
  Jude...any input on this amp?

Does anyone know if Mike Mercer has one for review?

I'm guessing we'll be hearing from them and the other usual suspects! I'm really excited to hear impressions.

Oct 9, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #6 of 4,971
  The initial review is that it's "the best amp under $1650.00!!!" from another old member I really trust.  The best thing is...it's only $120.00!!!!

Ehm, how about that!?
biggrin.gif

Oct 9, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #8 of 4,971
  I have not had a chance to watch the new full movie length RMAF video release from Jude, I'm sure it was mentioned in there?

I don't think it was....
confused.gif

Oct 9, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #9 of 4,971
  I don't think it was....
confused.gif

I'm guessing it might have been since it was almost an hour long. Has anyone watched the whole thing?

Oct 9, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #15 of 4,971
I'm not a tube guy, but this is very very interesting.

Any word on whether there will be one at the SD meet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back