NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Nov 15, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #781 of 4,971
If you had a "Schiit tower", what would be the best way of feeding the Modi o/p to both the Magni and the Vali?
Would using RCA splitters have an effect on the DAC o/p?

I've had email conversations with Jason on this a while ago for the Bifrost>Asgard>Lyr stack. He recommended RCA splitters and said there shouldn't be audible differences, if any. Done a lot of testing at that time and indeed I observed no sound degradation (from my perspective at least). I imagine it should be the same for the Mini Trinity stack.

Admittedly, I never ran the Lyr and Asgard at the same time. I did test SQ with and without splitters, and the sound was fine with the splitter I used.

Nov 15, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #782 of 4,971
  If you had a "Schiit tower", what would be the best way of feeding the Modi o/p to both the Magni and the Vali?
Would using RCA splitters have an effect on the DAC o/p?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-WppB9dkFBfD/p_703M22FRHD/AudioQuest-Hard-RCA-Splitter.html

Nov 15, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #783 of 4,971
Those are the ones I used with the Bifrost.. one line to the Lyr and the other to speakers.  They're quite nice. No degradation that I heard.

Quote:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-WppB9dkFBfD/p_703M22FRHD/AudioQuest-Hard-RCA-Splitter.html

Nov 15, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #785 of 4,971
i also do it,just expected this to be kept under wraps until RMAF, but LFF broke the news to the masses just now!
hDDnd7

Nov 15, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #786 of 4,971

Hmmm lovely front indeed, any shots of the back by any chance cuz they don't call me the.....
.... for nothin'.
evil_smiley.gif

Just wanted to know the back layout/ connectors that's all cuz not sure if my cheapo ELE dac or Fiio e17 can be hooked to the Vali via my computer. :)

Thanks in advance!!!

... bonux points man... you've just scored some serious bonus points when I go to re sell my Vali... if you can wait you'd be my first pick <3 

Thank you for this 

also FINALLY I've been looking for something like this for like FOR FREAKING EVER... I was almost going to spend $50 on something crappy and not nearly s simple or cheap as that but ALAS!... oh wait... NFB 10ES2... has 2 rca outs already... fancy that I dun need them no moe... Oh well! 

Nov 16, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #787 of 4,971
  ... bonux points man... you've just scored some serious bonus points when I go to re sell my Vali... if you can wait you'd be my first pick <3 

Thank you for this 
also FINALLY I've been looking for something like this for like FOR FREAKING EVER... I was almost going to spend $50 on something crappy and not nearly s simple or cheap as that but ALAS!... oh wait... NFB 10ES2... has 2 rca outs already... fancy that I dun need them no moe... Oh well! 

^ Welp if you say so, i am gonna need that deep DEEP troll discounts then. hoho
wink.gif

My troll hole be will open for that Vali dump of yours.

Don't leave me hanging now.
beerchug.gif

Another victim.
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 16, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #788 of 4,971
Nov 16, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #789 of 4,971
  ^ Welp if you say so, i am gonna need that deep DEEP troll discounts then. hoho
wink.gif

My troll hole be will open for that Vali dump of yours.

Don't leave me hanging now.
beerchug.gif

Another victim.
evil_smiley.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the troll has gotten me q,q

Yea I'll see what I can do. ALthough if wating until junary is ok with you that is! 

Nov 16, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #790 of 4,971
Had a quick listen to the Vali this afternoon. Not bad, definitely not as clean sounding as the EF-6 or Soloist that were also on hand. Microphonics were noticeable when plugging headphones in. I think I'll need to pick one up for an extended listen as the time spent with it was very brief.

Nov 16, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #791 of 4,971
  Had a quick listen to the Vali this afternoon. Not bad, definitely not as clean sounding as the EF-6 or Soloist that were also on hand. Microphonics were noticeable when plugging headphones in. I think I'll need to pick one up for an extended listen as the time spent with it was very brief.

Damn, they aren't as clean as the device costing 10x as much or more. What a rip off.

Nov 16, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #792 of 4,971

Damn, they aren't as clean as the device costing 10x as much or more. What a rip off.

UGH so dissappointed! YOU HAT DECIEVED US PURRINNNNNN

Nov 16, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #793 of 4,971
I'm torn between getting the Vali or the Magni. My Beyer DT 880/250 Pro just arrived yesterday. Out of the box, it's a bit bright, but still ok for my ears (I like treble). I've read that the Magni is brighter, while the Vali produces slower bass. I listen to a lot of symphonic metal (metal + orchestra), so I want the phone to be fast, with good bass & instrument separation. I lean a bit towards the Magni, but the DT 880 is already bright so I don't know if I can stand it with a bright amp. My total budget for both amp+dac is $200. I'm also considering the O2 and E17, but all you schiit-heads have made the Magni/Vali/Modi stack very appealing to me 
biggrin.gif
. Can I have suggestions which one I should get? I appreciate all the help.

Nov 16, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #794 of 4,971
  I'm torn between getting the Vali or the Magni. My Beyer DT 880/250 Pro just arrived yesterday. Out of the box, it's a bit bright, but still ok for my ears (I like treble). I've read that the Magni is brighter, while the Vali produces slower bass. I listen to a lot of symphonic metal (metal + orchestra), so I want the phone to be fast, with good bass & instrument separation. I lean a bit towards the Magni, but the DT 880 is already bright so I don't know if I can stand it with a bright amp. My total budget for both amp+dac is $200. I'm also considering the O2 and E17, but all you schiit-heads have made the Magni/Vali/Modi stack very appealing to me 
biggrin.gif

The benifits are in my opionin, a bright and fast paced headphone with a warm amp usually producesa  good balance. The DT 880 is already very bright detailed and has nice speed, the warm of the tube won't take that away, just tone down the treble and add some warmth to the bass. 

On the oppisite side  a very warm and slower headphone benifits from the brightness and tight nature of a Solid state. 

Nov 16, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #795 of 4,971
biggrin.gif

Unfortunately the Vali isn't really "out in the field" so to speak for testing. If you aren't in a huge rush, I'd wait another 2 weeks or so. By that time a good number of people will have both, and maybe even a few will have the DT880 and a Vali. With that information you'll be in a better place to decide. 

A little OT, but I don't think I've really heard anyone describe the DT880 as "bright". What are you plugging them into?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back