NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Nov 14, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #751 of 4,971
Damn! That's one fine photograph!! :wink:

that photograph would be a lot "better" if it was already up on the website and I was able to click
 [Add To Cart]
!

guess I can stop my constant reloads of the schiit page until after Monday....

Nov 14, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #752 of 4,971
Would anyone with experience with both of them on the LCD-2 mind posting a bit of their impressions on how they compare? It'll help me make my final decision.

No no no!!!

Don't let others form YOUR opinion! You spent a lot of time with both yesterday...prolly as much as anyone else in the world, save 5-6 people.

Nov 14, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #753 of 4,971
Back is same as Magni...

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 14, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #754 of 4,971

^ Oh Ok, thanks guess no 3.5mm input then. Might need to get some new cables for this thing as well....
beerchug.gif

Nov 14, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #756 of 4,971
Nov 14, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #759 of 4,971
No no no!!!

Don't let others form YOUR opinion! You spent a lot of time with both yesterday...prolly as much as anyone else in the world, save 5-6 people.

Oh no, I'm certainly not trying to get others to form my opinion. I like both for completely different reasons (cleaner and more dynamic for the magni and more euphonic for the Vali, the magni is more exciting and punchy but less "natural" than the vali, and I can certainly tell the LCD-2 wants the increased power the Magni has) and I'm trying to fish for a little nugget that'll help this decision. Getting to a/b both was a massive help, I wasn't even considering the Magni until I did and that very well may be the one I go for.

Though you are right, the chances of someone being able to help is very close to zero.

Honestly, the popularity of the Vali will probably make that decision for me (will be hard to get), and that's fine.

Damn! That's one fine photograph!! :wink:

Tho I might be biased.

Ahahaha, every damn thread Lee! 
biggrin.gif

Nov 15, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #760 of 4,971

Oh no, I'm certainly not trying to get others to form my opinion. I like both for completely different reasons (cleaner and more dynamic for the magni and more euphonic for the Vali, the magni is more exciting and punchy but less "natural" than the vali, and I can certainly tell the LCD-2 wants the increased power the Magni has) and I'm trying to fish for a little nugget that'll help this decision. Getting to a/b both was a massive help, I wasn't even considering the Magni until I did and that very well may be the one I go for.

Tough decision and certainly one I can relate to as I preferred the LCD-3 from solid-state (Mjolnir) than tubes (BA), and I much prefer tubes. I would go Vali if you were ever to decide on upgrading DACs.

Nov 15, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #761 of 4,971

Tough decision and certainly one I can relate to as I preferred the LCD-3 from solid-state (Mjolnir) than tubes (BA), and I much prefer tubes. I would go Vali if you were ever to decide on upgrading DACs.

I do keep hearing about the Mjolnir with the Audezes, and it's one of the front runners for the amps I'm looking at (among numerous others). My only hesitation is that I'll have to either buy a balanced DAC or remove my XDA-2 from my speaker setup, but this conversation is for another thread at a later time.

Nov 15, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #762 of 4,971

3.5mm to rca for like 1 dollar on amazon.

But... but i need those $$$$$pecialty cable though.
wink.gif
j/k

Thanks for the heads up, will do. Kinda a noob to all this dac/amp thing cuz initially thought the Vali also had a internal dac. LoL
triportsad.gif

Oh no... Don't ask or ever expect them to make either a tube DAC or some sort of AMP/DAC unit

Never gonna happen... I've asked 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Nov 15, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #763 of 4,971

that photograph would be a lot "better" if it was already up on the website and I was able to click
 [Add To Cart]
!

guess I can stop my constant reloads of the schiit page until after Monday....

+1

Nov 15, 2013 at 5:14 AM Post #764 of 4,971
Nov 15, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #765 of 4,971

Users who are viewing this thread

Back