NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Oct 31, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #587 of 4,971
ships November... if it's not tomorrow I will be sad... ish 
redface.gif

Oct 31, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #588 of 4,971
LOL if I order it and see it they will probably cancel it
normal_smile .gif
They'll be like "Oh no, not THAT guy".

The last item I thought I'd hate turned out to be a winner (K712 Pro). Maybe that will happen with this amp.

Everything says I probably would not like it, but I'm going to try it anyway. If I hate it it'll be in the for sale forum. I'll give it a good month though.

I think my DJ100 will love it though despite being 38 ohm.

Haven't loved any Schiit amps yet but maybe this will be the one. Already a Modi fanboy though so maybe this will be the perfect Schiit Stack.

Nov 1, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #592 of 4,971
  LOL if I order it and see it they will probably cancel it
normal_smile .gif
They'll be like "Oh no, not THAT guy".

The last item I thought I'd hate turned out to be a winner (K712 Pro). Maybe that will happen with this amp.

Everything says I probably would not like it, but I'm going to try it anyway. If I hate it it'll be in the for sale forum. I'll give it a good month though.

I think my DJ100 will love it though despite being 38 ohm.

Haven't loved any Schiit amps yet but maybe this will be the one. Already a Modi fanboy though so maybe this will be the perfect Schiit Stack.

I don't think you'll keep it, but I'll buy it from you when you tire of it. 
wink.gif

Nov 1, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #593 of 4,971
Come one Schiit, release it. Need to read a lot of reviews in order to satiate my thirst and hopefully buy my first amp in the Vali and dac in the Modi :|

Nov 1, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #594 of 4,971
Don't mean to throw the thread off track but, what do you guys think of the t50 mods?

Check this thread for more information than you need, and if you don't want to navigate it you can just ask your question again over there.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/452404/just-listened-to-some-fostex-t50rps-today-wow

Nov 1, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #595 of 4,971
I'm looking at geting a custom built 100Ohm adapter here in teh next week. Come Juanuary [assuming I'm still working at my current job] I'm totally picking the Vali up to pair with my w1000x + the adapter for some needed resistance... we shall see how it goes 

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #596 of 4,971
I'm looking at geting a custom built 100Ohm adapter here in teh next week. Come Juanuary [assuming I'm still working at my current job] I'm totally picking the Vali up to pair with my w1000x + the adapter for some needed resistance... we shall see how it goes 

Is that an attachment that plugs in between your headphone termination and the amp? I've been scouring the web searching for such a devise!

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #597 of 4,971
Is that an attachment that plugs in between your headphone termination and the amp? I've been scouring the web searching for such a devise!

Yea it's a Plug of sorts. There are some on eBay but I've found a ReCable MoT who's got a spare. I'm not sure 100 ohms is going to tremendously help the w1000x but sadly... I've got her hooked up to my NFB10ES2 and well I'm totally loving it actually! After a week with JUST the w1000x... the dt 880 sounds more dinstinct from it. Meaning, the issues I had with the NFB10ES2 went away after some intimate time with my w1000x <3 she sounds wonderful on the NFB 10ES2 actually!

STILL I want the Vali for the sake of hearing it! Hoping to get a 300 ohm custom resistor Cord/Adaptor thingy built by Zombie X [feel free to message him ur self] 

Nov 2, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #598 of 4,971
Thanks for the info! I prefer to listen at low volumes, and have discovered that the sound quality can be killed by low attenuation. My GCHA fixes that issues, but I still have a few cans that are just a smidge too sibilant for my tastes. I am curious if the adaptor would help.

I was going to purchase this (http://www.amazon.com/Harrison-Labs-Line-Level-Attenuator/dp/B0006N41B0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383402863&sr=8-1&keywords=12+db+attenuator) for my Asgard, but was afraid it would increase the noise floor the kicks in past "1 o'clock".

Can't wait to hear everyone's impressions of this new amp!

Nov 2, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #599 of 4,971
I was going to purchase this (http://www.amazon.com/Harrison-Labs-Line-Level-Attenuator/dp/B0006N41B0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383402863&sr=8-1&keywords=12+db+attenuator) for my Asgard, but was afraid it would increase the noise floor the kicks in past "1 o'clock".

I used those for my Magni! They worked well (still couldn't help the fact that the Modi was too dam loud). For the brief period of time that I used them, however, I never had a critical session, so I have no idea just how much it affects the sound signature, but for the few times I did use them, they didn't seem to alter the sound signatures! 

Nov 2, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #600 of 4,971
I used those for my Magni! They worked well (still couldn't help the fact that the Modi was too dam loud). For the brief period of time that I used them, however, I never had a critical session, so I have no idea just how much it affects the sound signature, but for the few times I did use them, they didn't seem to alter the sound signatures! 

+1

I use them with my Magni as well. Been using them for about a year by never been able to hear any difference in sq with or without them the times I've done tests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back