NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Nov 2, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #601 of 4,971
Would the Vali work well with a 32 Ohm, 95 Db sensitivity headphone on paper?  The output impedance seems kind of high, but how noticeable is this in practice?  I feel like this would tame the slightly metallic sound of my SoundMAGIC HP100 driven from the Magni.

Nov 3, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #602 of 4,971
Would the Vali work well with a 32 Ohm, 95 Db sensitivity headphone on paper?  The output impedance seems kind of high, but how noticeable is this in practice?  I feel like this would tame the slightly metallic sound of my SoundMAGIC HP100 driven from the Magni.

It will "work" as in there will be music coming out of the headphones. Whether or not it works "well" is anybody's guess. To all intents and purposes, i think you'll be alright as long as you don't start plugging iem's into the Vali. The headphone impedance rule of thumb (something like x5 to x8) is a more of a guideline. Which makes it a bit a the Pirate's code...

Nov 3, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #603 of 4,971
Just sitting here drinking my coffee listening to my Crack/HD600s. Wham! Sucked right on the hype train. Can't wait to try this little Schitt. I'm kind of surprised of the pairing with the Audezes.

Nov 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #610 of 4,971
  I'm curious as to why this little amp is supposed to be so much better than something in the same price range like the Bravo Ocean. 

LAWL ok let me answer that with one simple reponse 

AMERICA

any questions? 

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #612 of 4,971
  Hard to beat the Crack/HD6x0. No need to blow $120 out of curiosity.

Not trying to replace the Crack.  Thought it might be nice to have a smaller bedroom rig.  Money is never blown on Head-Fi………….
cool.gif

Nov 3, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #615 of 4,971
Does this mean that the crack is also the best under $1600?

ote:
  more like - really cool with HD6x0 under $1600!
I didn't like it at all with a lot of headphones I tried it with.

Yes, for headphones > 600ohms nominal output Z (which usually means Senn 600/650/800 or special Beyer 600 ohm editions), a Crack with Speedball would at or near the top of the list. Keep in mind that the Crack won't work well on orthos or most of the newer dynamics because of its 120ohm output Z; and you've got to build it yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back