1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by lff, Oct 9, 2013.
First

Back
148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157
159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168
Next

Last
  1. thegunner100
    Yeah... whenever I have to transport the Vali around, I usually have to open up the case and re-seat the tubes. 

2. UmustBKidn
    Has anyone tried a Vali with the Beyer DT770 / 250 ohm yet?

3. Rudiger
    BN8hsco.jpg

I can't wait to hear what magical properties of the K550 make it impossible to drive. 

thegunner100 likes this.
  5. Rudiger
    I dont know (and I didn't say impossible, why do you say that ?) If you compare with more powerful amp i found a huge difference

6. Mshenay Contributor

Seriously the K550 can be driven by a toaster oven, you do realize that amps sound differently, each are colored differently [or have a lack of color in a certian way] that said, it could be the Magni does not pair well with the K550, how ever... the K550 don't need a lot of power lol

however you might like a tube with the k550 

7. jaywillin
    especially the vali, lotsa power, i liked the 550 with the lyr

8. Rudiger
    Thank you for your opinion, maybe I'm wrong ... This is probably the case if the k550 is deemed easy to drive. I would have to take the Magni home to really compare.
    And yes, maybe it's that the Magni does not pair well with the K550.

To be clear, you find that the k550 has a good sound with the Vali ?

9. jmttdr

Got my 650's, they sound great straight from my D1 (flac). I'm not worried now, I think either way, if I go for the Vali of Little Dot MK3, I'll be happy!

10. Mshenay Contributor
    I have no clue, I only owned my K550 for about a month and I only listened to it with Solid States. I however had a Matrix M Stage, which is imo a rather warm amp and I enjoyed it very much. I feel the Vali, while not as suitable for low Impedance headphones, does sound on par or better than the M Stage] 

11. Misterrogers
    You're right about listening to Magni in your system. There's so much subjective variance in an opinion with a different chain, hearing, preferences - you're really gonna want to hear it in your chain, your environment.

12. TheGame

Yes the 650's are awesome IMO. Check out the Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/197776/sennheiser-hd650-appreciation-thread, there is a lot of great information in the thread and you can ask other HD650 owners their thoughts on amp pairings with the HD650's. Enjoy your new cans!

jmttdr likes this.
  13. Warmuth327
    Is Vali supposed to be louder than Magni?  Just received my Vali and with my HE-400s, it is louder than my Magni.

Perhaps my understanding is flawed, but doesn't the Magni have more power and a higher gain than the Vali?  Therefore, shouldn't the volume position need to be higher on the Vali and not lower?

Thanks for the info....it's probably a different pot or something that differentiates it...would just like to know.

Darren

PS, for what it's worth on this later unit, can hardly get the Vali to ring.  Maybe 5 seconds on plug insert, nothing from tapping it...so quite happy.

14. K.T.

Yeah. Tried it. I have to say the DT770 250 ohm sounds MUCH better with the Vali than with the Magni. But even so, I can't listen to the DT770s for too long. Just not my cup of tea.

I find the DT770 to be unrefined and the treble too steely and rough. Probably my least favorite over the ear headphone that I paid a lot for.

But if you like the DT770, I can recommend them with the Vali over the Magni by far.

15. Xyzygy

Been listening to the Vali with DT 770s and an iFi iDAC about four hours a day for the past few weeks. Very, very enjoyable.

First

Back
148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157
159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168
Next

Last