New Unique Melody Triple Dynamic CIEM announced
Oct 8, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #541 of 644
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
Shout out and big thanks to Stephen. My 3DD (universal version) came today and they sound excellent.

Initial thoughts: Airy, spacious, with good bass punch. Reminisces of the 1plus2 for the sig but less refined. They are quite big and fit could be an issue and took me 4 tries for a large (edit:) double flange silicone tip for a good secure fit. Better than expected and great value at $499.

Congrats kkcc

You will love more after burn in like me :D

Oct 8, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #542 of 644
Already loving them more with about 20 hrs on them.

I am finding they are scaling up with power very well. It sounded good out of the Note3, but it's better on the dx50, and very good on hm901. On the 901 balanced amp board it require almost the same volume setting as my LCD3!

The most amazing part of this is it sounded bright and transparent while having a crazy amount but very tight bass. Very exciting sig that don't seem too "consumer sounding". Quite a new experience for me.

I was not getting the deep bass until I manage to get a really good seal with a large double flange tip. Very enjoyable and good compliment to my more hifi and refined iems like the 1plus2 or the jh13 freqphase.

Oct 8, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #543 of 644
do these have very good sub bass extension? i am more interested in more balanced mids and high and a strong sub bass 

Oct 8, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #544 of 644
do these have very good sub bass extension? i am more interested in more balanced mids and high and a strong sub bass 

I can feel plenty subbass rumble once I get a good seal. But the unit is large so it would probably be best to go for the custom version to ensure proper seal.

Oct 9, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #546 of 644
New: The pre-ordered 3DD units through UM International had been cleared all and the time for new orders is about 8 weeks at the moment. ( From Unique Melody's facebook )

I ordered an universal 3DD 2 weeks ago and have waited in exiting and curious temper, and more than when I read the impressions of kkcc, ribeye,...

Oct 9, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #547 of 644
  If the service about 3DD wasn't horrible, I would consider ciem version but, after I read Deviltooth, no way man.

Not sure which dealer Deviltooth ordered his from, but if anyone considering the UM make sure you get it from Stephen Guo at Unique Melody International.  Stephen had been responsive to my inquiries and I'm sure he did all he could to expedite the orders.  Stephen also proactively wrote to me informing my tracking number. (tho I have actually received the package with express next day shipping before I got his email!) 

Oct 9, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #548 of 644
  Not sure which dealer Deviltooth ordered his from, but if anyone considering the UM make sure you get it from Stephen Guo at Unique Melody International.  Stephen had been responsive to my inquiries and I'm sure he did all he could to expedite the orders.  Stephen also proactively wrote to me informing my tracking number. (tho I have actually received the package with express next day shipping before I got his email!) 

I have never ordered anything from UM (considered the Mage several years ago), precisely because of the fact that I heard too many horror stories about service. Now that I have deeper insights into how UM works, I understand why.

FWIW, however, over the years, I've seen way fewer horror stories from people who've ordered from Stephen Guo/UM International, and many more from UM Australia/Global. UM UK is new, so I don't know anything about them. There are many more other dealers out there (which is why I say UM's distribution is a disastrous mess), but only these three are the most prominent on these forums.

Deviltooth ordered from UM Global/Australia.

Oct 9, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #549 of 644

+1. I vouch for Stephen as well, great guy to work with.

Oct 9, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #551 of 644
Well, in the future if I want a UM ciem, at least I know who to contact.

Btw, since I am in Eu, I want to ask, how is UM The United Kingdom part of the company? Is there anyone who bought something from them?

Oct 9, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #552 of 644
While I am not sure about if I want to deal with that UM logistics.

I would like to know how the mids are. This would help me decide.

Oct 9, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #553 of 644
Please note, I have tried contacting UM Labs in China.  I only recieved one reply in broken English and no follow up to the information about my order they had me forward.

Also since posting my tale of woe I've recieved a few e-mails from others who have had problems with Unique Melody.  Using this company regardless of the representative, is a definite risk.

I thought I'd done my due diligence by reading the forums here regarding UM before I placed my order.  I wish someone then had done what I'm doing now and raised a red flag.

Customs can be complex.  My last two experiences required refits; (I think my first audiologist was poor) when that happens being able to talk to someone who understands what's going on and who can do something about it is vital.  You're paying a lot of money for a product but also for a service.

I urge anyone considering Unique Melody (especially those of us not in China) to explore one of the many, many other options available.  I know the tendency is to believe 'it probably won't happen to me' but I assure you it can.

Oct 9, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #554 of 644
Update: With no announcement, only half dozen hours before I fly to South America for 6 months FedEx arrived with my 3DD.

I have no time to properly assess it though I believe the right side is loose.  I'll take it with me and update later.

Oct 9, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #555 of 644
If you are very patient, buy some high-quality formaldehyde-free nail polish, clear color and you can, coat by careful coat (with 2 hours between coats), correct the fit on a loose fitting acrylic shell custom.

It can be done, although it did take me 25 coats over two weeks with one custom I had.

Far better than sending it back, it sounds like. And if you don't like it, the polish can be stripped with a determined finger nail with no damage to the shell.

Cheers and best of luck, pm me if you need help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back